• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  775
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/12/1987

okay, I've heard it many a times here. So what is a liberal Christian????

I mean how many "different" christians are there?? Are we not all one in the body of Christ???

What others are they? liberal............???

I guess I wanna know what I am! :):)

Guest LadyC

when i think of "liberal christians", i think of those who think homosexuality is ok, living together without marriages is ok, that sort of thing. lots of churches now allow gay pastors and priests. that's not ok with God, and shouldn't be ok with God's children.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

They are those who feel like the church has taught against sin to much and need to be liberated from "hell, fire and brimstone" teaching. They believe grace is a liscence to sin. They want unity with the world. They don't understand how God would send someone to hell.

Their sympathy for the sinner turns into an exceptance for their sin. They believe the parts of the Bible that go with their doctrine instead of their doctrine lining up with the word. They are usally involved with a sin they can;t get rid of and come to the conclusion that their forgiven but don't, won't, can't and dont want to repent!

They are usally lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God. They veiw strict, word based Christians as bigots, unforgiving and unloving.

They believe a lie and my heart goes out to them.

In his love,

Brian

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

when i think of "liberal christians", i think of those who think homosexuality is ok, living together without marriages is ok, that sort of thing. lots of churches now allow gay pastors and priests. that's not ok with God, and shouldn't be ok with God's children.

:) Amen & well said!!!

You can't live in sin and ignore your guilt...Hebrews 10:26 says If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left

No grey area there and no room for sin in a Christian's life...don't mean we don't stumble from time to time ( not an excuse however ), but to purposely live in sin....bad. Very bad.

In His service,

Bob

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  775
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  11/12/1987

well what is the opposite of a liberal Christian???

thanks for your rpelies, and thanks for being patient with me :)

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

well what is the opposite of a liberal Christian???

thanks for your rpelies, and thanks for being patient with me  :)

The opposite ? A Christian

I think the term "Liberal Christian" is an oxymoron. The two words are in contradiction with each other...therefore there really is no such thing.

You are either on fire for the Lord or you are stone cold in sin. No lukewarm - Jesus Himself says how He hates a "Lukewarm Christian"

Revelation 3:15-17

15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17 You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.

No grey area there!

In His service,

Bob

Guest phelanfine

:t: THERE are only two different groups of CHRISTAINS.

2 Corinthians 11

11:13

For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.

11:14

And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.

11:15

Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

Mt 24:11

Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.

Mt 24:24

For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Mr 13:22

For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Lu 6:26

Woe to you when all men speak well of you, For so did their fathers to the false prophets.

2Pe 2:1

But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.

Here are the true christains of the new testament.

1Co 2:5

that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

1Co 4:20

For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power.

Mr 16:18

they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

JESUS CHRIST IS LORD :)

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

yep! :)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

okay, I've heard it many a times here. So what is a liberal Christian????

I mean how many "different" christians are there?? Are we not all one in the body of Christ???

What others are they? liberal............???

I guess I wanna know what I am! :):b:

There is one body of Christ united in truth.

Not everybody out there who call themselves "christian" really are.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  128
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/13/1976

So true! So true! Praise God for each one of you who speak the truth!!! (If you haven't noticed, there aren't many out there :x: )

What a relief it is to have brothers and sisters who acknowledge the truth, and resist the lie (that has crept into many churches!)

"Liberal Christians" and all others who follow not the doctrine of Jesus THE CHRIST to the very letter, and all those who "accept" or "tolerate" others who hold those "false" doctrines... they are the one's who Jesus says will say, "Lord, Lord" yet they will not enter in but will be cast into everlasting darkness where there will be nashing of teeth...

Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matt 13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Amen for all of you!

YSIC,

Alison :hug: