tigger398

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

No one now was born in bible times. How do we know our bible is the right one to follow. How do we know our bible is the truth, and not another bible.

This is a question that will always be asked ... which is the right translation? I suggest that you remember what Jesus told us in the Gospel of John,

John 14:26

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

As we study and hide His words in our heart, the Holy Spirit will bring them back to our memory, no matter if we use the KJV or the NIV or which ever. HE will teach us the meaning and guide us in how His words are to be applied to our lives. We are no more then a vessel for the King, to be used for His purpose! Have faith in God, that He can preserve His own words until the end of ages.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/11/1985

my friend ,just believe

you will find that our father in heaven always do something for us

Edited by Ovedya
SPAM is not allowed

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

The bible is so old....yet it has been passed down for so long!!!!

That to me shows that there is truth in it :thumbsup:

Guest shiloh357
So bottom line - we can't be certain our Bible is right. There is no way to be sure.

Wrong. We can know for sure that our Bible is right. Modern textual criticism, the discovery the Dead Sea Scrolls, as well as the some 25,000 Greek manuscripts in existance some dating has far back 125 A.D. and not one major disagreement in any of these texts, show us the accuracy of our texts.

There is more evidence of the Bible's accuracy than that of the writings of Plato, Pliny The Younger, Julius Ceaser, and other ancient writers and philosphers.

Not only that, but the New Testament quoted so often by 1st and 2nd century Christians and nonChristian authors, that we can reproduce a complete copy of the New Testament (the very one in our modern Bibles) just from the writings of extra-biblical authors.

Not only that, but the historical accuracy of the Bible is impeccable. don't get me started on the Archeological support for the Bible's accuracy.

Guest shiloh357
I profess myself a Mazda-worshipper and a Zoroastrian, opposing the Daevas, accepting the Ahuric doctrine.

Do protestants take the bibal literally or symbolliclly?

We believe it to be the literal Word of God. We take the Bible literally, and we interpret the symbols employed in the Bible in the light of the literal truths they are symbolic of.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,871
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

The Spirit and the Word agree :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I profess myself a Mazda-worshipper and a Zoroastrian, opposing the Daevas, accepting the Ahuric doctrine.

whats a mazda worshipper and a zoroastrian :blink:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/26/1976

They have some decent models but I've always tended more towards Honda than Mazda, myself.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,871
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

:th_praying::24:

Guest lovinghim4ever

Both! Depending on the text!

I believe some scripture must be interpreted symbolically, because if every scripture is interpreted literally we would ALL be blind, lame and maimed according to Matthew 18:8-9. Jesus said, "If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the everlasting fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be case into hell fire."

What true Christian takes this scripture literal and has ever cut off their hands and feet or plucked out their eyes because of their sin? No one!

What about 1 Corinthians 5:11 & 13? "11) But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner