The End Times

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

We have certainly come to the times the Bible foretold would signify the end-times; the wars, famine, increase of knowledge and the list goes on. How can we best be prepared for the rapture which will take place at any moment. The bible says it clearly that we do not know the hour or the day, how then can anyone say that they know the year when the rapture will take place. Has anyone read the book by Ronald Weinland (God's final witness)? because this gentleman claims that he knows when all these events will take place, did I misunderstand him or is he right?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

We have certainly come to the times the Bible foretold would signify the end-times; the wars, famine, increase of knowledge and the list goes on. How can we best be prepared for the rapture which will take place at any moment. The bible says it clearly that we do not know the hour or the day, how then can anyone say that they know the year when the rapture will take place. Has anyone read the book by Ronald Weinland (God's final witness)? because this gentleman claims that he knows when all these events will take place, did I misunderstand him or is he right?

If memory serves, not even Jesus knew the time or the hour.....this book and it's author are, therefore, bogus. :th_praying:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  10/27/1965

Only God the Father knows when the time will be. Not Jesus, the angels in heaven, satan, and surely not any human on earth. If anybody wishes to make a noise that he/she knows the date it will happen it will show just how much of a fool that person is. The two most foolish statements connected to end times studies are "I know what the date of the second comming is", and "I know who the antichrist is". The answer to both issues will be resolved by God Himself at the time He decides.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/26/1976

Only God the Father knows when the time will be. Not Jesus, the angels in heaven, satan, and surely not any human on earth. If anybody wishes to make a noise that he/she knows the date it will happen it will show just how much of a fool that person is. The two most foolish statements connected to end times studies are "I know what the date of the second comming is", and "I know who the antichrist is". The answer to both issues will be resolved by God Himself at the time He decides.

But it's certainly a big industry offering guesses at the time and nature of events. :th_praying:

Guest Arthway

I agree that it certainly does look like we are well and truly in the prophesied

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/25/2004

We have certainly come to the times the Bible foretold would signify the end-times; the wars, famine, increase of knowledge and the list goes on. How can we best be prepared for the rapture which will take place at any moment.

From 1Thessalonians5:

1Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. 6So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be alert and self-controlled. 7For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. 8But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. 9For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 10He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. 11Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

12Now we ask you, brothers, to respect those who work hard among you, who are over you in the Lord and who admonish you. 13Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. 14And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else.

16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

19Do not put out the Spirit's fire; 20do not treat prophecies with contempt. 21Test everything. Hold on to the good. 22Avoid every kind of evil.

23May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.

25Brothers, pray for us. 26Greet all the brothers with a holy kiss. 27I charge you before the Lord to have this letter read to all the brothers.

28The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

I think that if you follow these exhortations, you will do well.

Edited by NickyLouse

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/25/1963

I do think these are times that are indicated in scripture. Especially when you take a look at the verses pertaining to the actions of people in these last days: i.e: "love of money" "Love of self" "love growing cold", etc. I certainly see this in the current youth culture (i'm a youth minister) and my heart feels the urgency of the times. Of the hour and date...certainly no "man" knows this so I wouldn't listen to any man that announced it. But times sure do inidcate that our Lord is close... "come Lord Jesus, come" but may we all be more aware of the souls around s (and their fate).

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

If memory serves, not even Jesus knew the time or the hour.....this book and it's author are, therefore, bogus. :emot-hug:

This is right, and he is bogus.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I agree that it certainly does look like we are well and truly in the prophesied "end-times" and the world is in deep crisis. As for how to prepare for the "rapture", we are directed in Luke 21 to "take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life" and to "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man". We are also admonished to "endure to the end" and to "grow in grace and knowledge" (easy to read, but not so easy to do!).

The Bible does indeed say that we cannot predict the hour or the day of the return of Jesus Christ. It also says in Malachi 3 that The Lord "whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to this temple" and in Matthew 24 "For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark". Some (but I don't think this includes Ron Weinland) are interpreting these verses to suggest that He will first return to His Church

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/26/1976

There are always people who claim to know that the end times are upon us - around WW1 there were, then WW2. In my own living memory I remember a whole lot of predictions surrounding the Gulf War, Saddam etc.

Each time the years pass, and people seem to pretend they never predicted certain things. New books are sold, with new theories.