• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

Shy Christian....

Maybe you don't realize how this looks to the rest of us. We are NOT trying to "pile on" and condemn you for no reason. I personally wonder if you realize how things look from our perspective. You've been a member of these forums since Aug 2006...you've made 140ish posts...you've started 10 topics (out of 13 total) that complain about your church...and the VAST majority of your 140 posts have been complaints about your church. It seems, to me at least, that your ONLY purpose here at Worthy Boards is to complain about your church.

I'm willing to accept that your 'old' church was indeed a circus and that your were unable to learn and worship in that environment. I just wish that you would have moved on from there some time ago because its primarily the ONLY thing you talk about. I sincerely hope the new church you are attending meets your needs and allows you to grow stronger spiritually. I also hope that it will enable you to move on and become involved in other parts of Worthy Boards besides always complaining about your church.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  198
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

Shy Christian....

Maybe you don't realize how this looks to the rest of us. We are NOT trying to "pile on" and condemn you for no reason. I personally wonder if you realize how things look from our perspective. You've been a member of these forums since Aug 2006...you've made 140ish posts...you've started 10 topics (out of 13 total) that complain about your church...and the VAST majority of your 140 posts have been complaints about your church. It seems, to me at least, that your ONLY purpose here at Worthy Boards is to complain about your church.

I'm willing to accept that your 'old' church was indeed a circus and that your were unable to learn and worship in that environment. I just wish that you would have moved on from there some time ago because its primarily the ONLY thing you talk about. I sincerely hope the new church you are attending meets your needs and allows you to grow stronger spiritually. I also hope that it will enable you to move on and become involved in other parts of Worthy Boards besides always complaining about your church.

I thought this would be the best discussion board for issues involving a church because so much of the world is anti-Christian nowadays and they couldn't care less about anything having to do with God. I wouldn't start topics unless these things bothered me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

Shy, is there anything positive you want to share with us, so we can celebrate God's goodness with you?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.84
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

So what are you trying to say, that I'm wrong for expecting to see more respect in church?

No one here knows what all goes on and has gone on at my old church. At times that church resembles more of a playground. I guess you all think I should just ignore that and keep going even though it's annoying to watch. :foot-stomp:

I don't think that is what people are saying, but I could be wrong. Bottom line, if you don't like what is happening in a church, you should share your concerns with the elders or pastors. If you are not comfortable doing that, for whatever reason, than by all means find a different church. One more suited to your needs. You have every right to be offended by what you are complaining about, but that doesn't mean that every/any one else will feel that way. I pray that you enjoy your new church. God bless you! :whistling:

It wouldn't do any good to say anything to them.

Besides, I'm not going there any more. I attended a new church yesterday that was more peaceful and reverent, not the circus that my old church has become.

You've left that church.....you should leave the rest of it also.

I'm leaving this board as well.

The pastor lets his daughters walk all over him and doesn't care that the other kids in church behave like maniacs because he's afraid to exert any authority, yet I'm the one with the problem????

Don't be mad. :thumbsup:

I know it's hard, but you have to let some of this stuff go. It's not worth stumbling over. The Lord will deal with all of us in His own time. ( that includes the barefoot people ) :b::emot-hug:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,876
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

I agree with man. :b:

:thumbsup:

Guest Biblicist

Matthew 18:15-17

15 "If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over.

16 But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.'

17 If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

If you are unwilling to speak to the Pastor privately about these matters, then it is better that you do not return. But as long as you forgo God's provisions for proper reconciliation, you will always have these problems.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I am for bare feet in church - let em be comfortable in the house of God... I am there to see Jesus and to fellowship with His people. Leave the fashion show and stoic spirits to the folks on Broadway Fifth Avenue and Paris

Guest Biblicist

Exodus 3

1 Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the desert and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. 2 There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. 3 So Moses thought, "I will go over and see this strange sight

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I'd say it's inappropriate, don't you?

The pastor's teenage daughters walk barefoot all through the church and sanctuary during the summer.

OK, after reading about half-way through this thread and noticing your other comments -

It seems to me as if you are upset with a heart attitude that you are seeing expressed through their behavior.

When it comes to pastors' children, there seems to be two extremes: either they are sold out to the Lord, or they are in total rebellion against Him.

If my understanding of what you have said about these girls is correct, they either have a rebellious attitude towards the Lord or towards cultural norms. If the pastor's daughters are rebellious towards the Lord, I can see how this would be a turn-off to the church (after all, if the pastor can't shepherd his own family...?).

So, I would like to echo the opinion of the others who encouraged you to look at the heart, not the outward appearance. The shoelessness isn't the problem; their heart attitude is the problem.

Let this be your focus, OK?