WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Iran's president believes Allah has chosen him to prepare the world for the coming of an Islamic 'savior' called the Mahdi.

http://www.worthynews.com/news/cbn-com-CBNnews-411301-aspx/

Perhaps he will think he's doing a good thing by firing missiles to Israel? :emot-hug:

But before the Mahdi's return, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad believes there must be global chaos - even if he has to create it himself

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

]

Perhaps your mother is of celtic or british extraction? It's common to hear of old stories where the devil is referred to as ol nick. For instance the story of the Jack o Lantern.

Yes, my mother was of Irish/English descent. She believed in a lot of things that I have never heard spoken about except in Celtic folklore. The 'old nick' thing had always been a mystery to me until now though. :emot-hug:

My mother is scottish and english on her mother's side and scottish and norman on her father's. My grandmother called the devil ol nick. My grandpa just spit and said "him"....

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

You know a lot about this; have you read the Qu'ran?

yes.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

You know a lot about this; have you read the Qu'ran?

yes.

I've read parts of it myself although I can't pretend to be an expert. A lot is borrowed from the Old Testament of the Bible. I assume that the Qu'ran was written over a long time period as well. :rolleyes:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I've read parts of it myself although I can't pretend to be an expert. A lot is borrowed from the Old Testament of the Bible. I assume that the Qu'ran was written over a long time period as well. :cool:

The Qur'an, according Muslim historians, were revealed in Muhammad's 23 year career. By and large, it can divided into three different periods:

1. Meccan : when Muhammad started preaching, the small band of believers, persecution, etc. This is where the peaceful verses are given, eg. "there is no compulsion in religion" (Surah 2:256).

2. Early Medinan: when Muhammad escaped from Mecca to Medina in 622 A.D. (the event is called the Hijra, and all Muslim calenders date from this date). Here, rules for the nascent Muslim community were laid down. Also, the tone of the Qur'an changed to command Muslims to fight.

3. Late Medinan : The tone completely changed to offensive fighting. The last surah, Surah 9 is mostly about fighting and jihad.

In Islam jurisprudence (fiqh), the later verses abrogates (i.e., replace, supersede) earlier ones.