The Lorax

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

If you research it a little more, you will discover that we are no longer in a 'warming' cycle at all, but are actually in a cooling cycle now. The ice is coming back in the arctic and everything.

A bit on the sly side isn't it to quietly change it from warming to climate change. :whistling: I have read and heard there was more ice on one of the poles I just couldn't remember which one! And with that there are some who think we may end up with a polar flip or something like to that affect. The ice being too heavy and causes the earth to be unbalanced and it has happened before. Of course the Mayan prophecy people all think its going to happen Dec. 2012. :thumbsup: I have no doubt we are in some type of climate something or other since I believe things happen on this earth in cycles as you said but I do not think man is the cause. I am not sure that the earth cleanses itself perhaps becomes something a bit different? If the earth is also under the burden of sin so to speak how could it cleanse itself? Hmm perhaps God does this all or set it up that way so man could continue to live here? But we do need to take responsiblity for our actions not just on a personal level but what we put into the earth and take out.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

If you research it a little more, you will discover that we are no longer in a 'warming' cycle at all, but are actually in a cooling cycle now. The ice is coming back in the arctic and everything.

A bit on the sly side isn't it to quietly change it from warming to climate change. :whistling: I have read and heard there was more ice on one of the poles I just couldn't remember which one! And with that there are some who think we may end up with a polar flip or something like to that affect. The ice being too heavy and causes the earth to be unbalanced and it has happened before. Of course the Mayan prophecy people all think its going to happen Dec. 2012. :thumbsup: I have no doubt we are in some type of climate something or other since I believe things happen on this earth in cycles as you said but I do not think man is the cause. I am not sure that the earth cleanses itself perhaps becomes something a bit different? If the earth is also under the burden of sin so to speak how could it cleanse itself? Hmm perhaps God does this all or set it up that way so man could continue to live here? But we do need to take responsiblity for our actions not just on a personal level but what we put into the earth and take out.

It is definitely on the sly side to change the term...unless you are paying attention you never noticed the gradual chageover:>) We definitely have some responsibility, after all we want the earth to continue to be beautiful! But the whole climate/global warming idea is simply an agenda, and I don't think it is all good either. As individuals we can take responsibility for our own garbage, no one should be littereing the streets or burning tires...but the green movement has gone too far and become a real sham. Take glass, for example...WHY did they replace it with plastic? Glass is much safer and much more recyclable. Glass is far less toxic to the environment...but they have us all buying goods in plastic that leech chemicals into our streams and oceans. And they had us all convinced that we should drink bottled water...with toxic levels of plastic leaching into it...our roadsides are full of plastic bottles...at least glass wasn't hurting the environment

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The climate is always changing!

The question is over whwther or not our polution is driving the change or not.

Problem is . . . our own breathing effects the climate!

What we don't know is how well the Earth's natural processes are able to compensate.

Weather has to be the most complex mechanism around. :thumbsup: With all we know, we still haven't figured it all out.

When I took Meteorology, I was so terrified our teacher was going to have us make a weather forcast - after all, we were given the knowledge to do so! Thank God he didn't! I don't think I'd have been able o figure it out.

:whistling:

• Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

We definitely have some responsibility, after all we want the earth to continue to be beautiful! But the whole climate/global warming idea is simply an agenda, and I don't think it is all good either.

I certainly agree its an agenda and definitely is not a good one. As for glass I so agree with you about that. Its very hard to find anything but plastic. The one drink I know that is glass is sobe and I only know that because my daughter used to drink it. Everything is plastic and I really do hate throwing it away so I keep them but my goodness how many plastic containers does one person need! :whistling:

The climate is always changing!

When I was growing up I had an uncle that was a science teacher and he always said that the climate changes about every 10 years. I personally have not studied the weather patterns too much so I don't know how true it is but you are so right that they do change, the earth is constantly going through some change. I have heard some say that the more carbon in the atmosphere the more oxygen there is and the plants grow more. I for one don't think we are causing the changes and if we are it may only be on a small scale.

Edited by mizzdy

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

We definitely have some responsibility, after all we want the earth to continue to be beautiful! But the whole climate/global warming idea is simply an agenda, and I don't think it is all good either.

So, you think global warming is "an agenda."

You don't think there's an agenda to deny global warming? You can't think of anyone who would benefit from that?

This is a simple matter of common sense. The lobby against global warming is much richer, more powerful, and more influential than the lobby for it. If we are thinking in terms of agendas, we cannot ignore the power of the oil companies. They're unparalleled.

You don't think there's an agenda to deny global warming? You can't think of anyone who would benefit from that?

This is a simple matter of common sense. The lobby against global warming is much richer, more powerful, and more influential than the lobby for it. If we are thinking in terms of agendas, we cannot ignore the power of the oil companies. They're unparalleled.

Oh, its an agenda, all right. You're right about the lobbyists, too. This is more than about just climate change. It's about finding a better way to run a modern society without bankrupting the economy and trashing the planet. It's called a balance and some serious solutions are needed, not more politics.

Gore and crew started talking "carbon taxes", "carbon offsets", and "carbon trading", and it all had to do with someone getting rich. They blew themselves out of the water at that point. Forgive me, but we don't need to pay more taxes. We need to start investing in cleaner technologies and the infrastructure to support it. This whole climate change/oil price shock thing has one thing at its root cause: 30 of upside down energy policies in more countries than just the U.S. We are just reaping what has been sown, and its time for a new crop.

And no, Lorax, it not just the liberals, democrats, republicans, conservatives, fault. Its everyone's fault, especially those who have held leadership positions and didn't lead.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Oh, its an agenda, all right. You're right about the lobbyists, too. This is more than about just climate change. It's about finding a better way to run a modern society without bankrupting the economy and trashing the planet. It's called a balance and some serious solutions are needed, not more politics.

Gore and crew started talking "carbon taxes", "carbon offsets", and "carbon trading", and it all had to do with someone getting rich. They blew themselves out of the water at that point. Forgive me, but we don't need to pay more taxes. We need to start investing in cleaner technologies and the infrastructure to support it. This whole climate change/oil price shock thing has one thing at its root cause: 30 of upside down energy policies in more countries than just the U.S. We are just reaping what has been sown, and its time for a new crop.

And no, Lorax, it not just the liberals, democrats, republicans, conservatives, fault. Its everyone's fault, especially those who have held leadership positions and didn't lead.

:thumbsup:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Absolutely it's an agenda.

You don't think there's an agenda to deny global warming?

If there is, it's to keep us from being robbed for a hoax.

You can't think of anyone who would benefit from that?

Yes. Us, from being robbed.

This is a simple matter of common sense. The lobby against global warming is much richer, more powerful, and more influential than the lobby for it.

I certainly haven't seen that, unless you mean people aren't allowing themselves to be duped .

If we are thinking in terms of agendas, we cannot ignore the power of the oil companies. They're unparalleled.

If the oil companies had so much power, we'd have been drilling 30 years ago, when we should have.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Conservatives changed the term after they could no longer deny the science.

LOLOLOL...I'm sorry but you will say absolutely anything won't you?!?!? That is about the most ridiculous assertion I've heard in awhile.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

I haven't read everything in this thread, but has there even been a discussion on the history of climate changes in this world? No, I'm not "changing" terms. I'm simply using the correct one because "global warming" as a new phenomenon has failed to be proven. However, meterologic history has shown that the planet has gone through various phases in which it has gone from being unseasonably hot to unseasonably cold with various phases in storm categories. This is not new!