• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

I am putting these stories here because they are news stories, and I did think twice before posting them in case anyone objected, but I do think it's important to see how the world's morals have "gone downhill" so badly, and it's about time that people said "enough is enough" and started respecting the constitution. We cannot just sit back and say "the Lord will take care of it", I believe this is why he gave us free will.

http://rawstory.com//news/2008/Missouri_Po...oy_19_0726.html

David Edwards and Diane Sweet

Published: Saturday July 26, 2008

KY 3 News' Sara Sheffield reports on an injured teen from Ozark, Missouri who was tasered up to 19 times by police.

Passing motorists called Ozark police out of concern for the teen as he walked along the busy overpass. When the police arrived, the young man was lying on the shoulder of the highway directly underneath the 30 foot high overpass with a broken back and foot.

Doctors believe 16-year-old Mace Hutchinson broke his back and heel after falling, as his injuries are consistent with such a fall. The boy's family does not understand why police would have tasered the the teen 19 times after he was so seriously injured.

The teen's father said that the use of the taser caused Mace to develop an elevated white blood cell count, leading to a fever that delayed the young man's otherwise immediate surgery by two days.

Ozark Police Capt. Thomas Rousset attempted to explain why the taser was used:

"He refused to comply with the officers and so the officers had to deploy their Tasers in order to subdue him. He is making incoherent statements; he's also making statements such as, 'Shoot cops, kill cops,' things like that. So there was cause for concern to the officers."

Ozark police say that while there remains unanswered questions in the case, the reason for the use of the Taser is not one of them.

________________________________________________________________________________

"He refused to comply with the officers and so the officers had to deploy their Tasers in order to subdue him. He is making incoherent statements ........"

Really? So do they really expect a teenager with a broken back and foot and possibe head injuries (I'd be suprised if he didn't have head injuries) to "comply" with their demands )probably to "get up"? And "incoherent statements" - yeah, well, that is what people with head injuries often do.

________________________________________________________________________________

_________

And this one is related, so here it is:

http://www.startribune.com/nation/25880009.html

Paralyzed man claims Chicago police dragged him from car when he didn't get out quickly

Associated Press

Last update: July 24, 2008 - 8:31 PM

CHICAGO - A paralyzed man claimed in a lawsuit Thursday that seven Chicago police officers dragged him from a car and beat him unconscious when he was too slow to obey their order to get out of the vehicle.

Daniel Casares claims the officers engaged in excessive use of force and battery. His federal lawsuit against the city and seven officers asks for unspecified damages.

Casares is a quadriplegic as a result of a car accident four years before the traffic stop, his attorney Blake Horwitz said.

In October 2006, the seven officers stopped a car in which Casares was riding in the passenger seat. His complaint says the officers asked him to get out and when he didn't do so immediately they dragged him out, and some or all the officers allegedly kicked Casares while he was on the ground.

Casares was convicted of battery and resisting arrest in the traffic stop. He received court supervision and is appealing his conviction.

A spokeswoman for the city law department, Jenny Hoyle, declined to comment because she said she hadn't seen the complaint.

This is so amazing: "Casares was convicted of battery and resisting arrest in the traffic stop."

How, how can a paralysed man be guilty of "battery and resisting arrest"? It is not physically possible.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Stuff like that happens. I hope some cops go to prison for these things, and these poor people get MILLIONS from the useless police departments.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

The cops made the excuse that the boy said something like "Hate cops. Kill cops." Now, even if this were true, itwouldn't justify tasering an incapacitated person. Tasers are only supposed to be used when cops are in clear and present danger. A boy with a broken back poses no present danger to anyone but himself. The boy himself was in grave danger, and the cops put him at even greater risk. 19 shocks from a taser can kill a 300-pound man.

The cops involved should be fired and jailed. My prayers are with the boy and his family.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Stuff like that happens. I hope some cops go to prison for these things, and these poor people get MILLIONS from the useless police departments.

Oh my. I found something I completely agree with Leonard on. :whistling::rolleyes:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

These are horrendous situations. I hate injustice. Some of the worst such cases in America were Ruby Ridge and Waco, but even in cases like these where no one was killed, it is first a grave injustice to the individuals and second against society and our constitution.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Oh my. I found something I completely agree with Leonard on. :emot-hug::emot-fail:

IT'S GOT TO BE THE LAST DAYS, PEOPLE!!!!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

The cops made the excuse that the boy said something like "Hate cops. Kill cops." Now, even if this were true, itwouldn't justify tasering an incapacitated person. Tasers are only supposed to be used when cops are in clear and present danger. A boy with a broken back poses no present danger to anyone but himself. The boy himself was in grave danger, and the cops put him at even greater risk. 19 shocks from a taser can kill a 300-pound man.

The cops involved should be fired and jailed. My prayers are with the boy and his family.

And I found something I completely agree with Lorax on.

Yep, it has to be the last days.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Oh my. I found something I completely agree with Leonard on. :emot-hug::emot-fail:

IT'S GOT TO BE THE LAST DAYS, PEOPLE!!!!

:taped:

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Geez...you guys just get giddy whenever you get a chance to insult the police...

This article is WAY TOO VAGUE...which is just the way some people like their news. First of all...they don't know how many times the kids was tased. The tasers were deployed 19 times...but they don't know how many times the kid was hit. Also...for those of you who don't know...a broken back doesn't mean paralyzed. In fact...this kid isn't paralyzed. The two officers on scene (another detail left out of BTS vague article) were dealing with a kid who appeared to be on drugs...had already attempted to kill himself...was threatening the officers... etc. And how exactly were the officers supposed to know he had a broken back? With their x-ray vision? They thought the kid might run into traffic and try to kill himself so they tased him in order to restrain him until they had some help. Also keep in mind...this kid fell 30 feet from a bridge and was ranting about smoking crack...it is not outside the realm of possibility that he was so amped up on drugs that the two officers didn't feel they could restrain him by themselves. The taser is the great equalizer.

Then there is the dad...who is medically qualified to comment on the medical effects of the taser...lol. He claims the taser caused elevated white blood cells in his son. Hey...uh...but couldn't a 30 foot fall and a broken back and foot cause that. In fact, (again for the medically challenged) a broken bone is KNOWN to cause elevated white blood cells...and there is ZERO evidence that a taser can have that effect.

Overall...there is simply too much missing from this story for ANYONE to harp on the police. For all we know they saved this kids life by keeping him on the ground and out of traffic. The story is CLEARLY designed to make the police look bad.

this is a somewhat better written version...

bottom line....tasers are once again proven safe. You can tase a person with a broken back and foot after a 30 foot fall 19 times...and they are okay.