thereaperman

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

yesterday my girlfriend dumped me via a text message and i know no one her aproved of the relationship, i know god didnt favor it, but all the same he put her in my life for a reason. and now at my time of crisis she has left me for no reason. 2 weeks ago we were loves young dream, now she cant even bare to talk to me.

my dad is getting worse, ive never known him so ill in the last 4 months and hes at the doctors again this week about his cancer. he is also adimate my mum doesnt need to know about him dying, he says as far as he is concerned she doesnt exict and he says she feels the same. he also doesnt believe in jesus, but believes in a higher power.

my uncle now has about a year and a half left and only his direct family know.

my grandad is coming down next week, its good to see him, but he cant go on forever and everytime i say goodbye to him, i say it like its the last time.

i myself how have doubts if i am saved and am destined for anything better because i know i am a bad christian and i havnt made an overwhelimg attempt to change that becuase i dont feel i have the faith or strength to do that.

so i ask anyone out there how does your troubled, depressed 18 year old christian manchild deal with this situation?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  775
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  11/12/1987

wow, brother that is a tough situation.

You are sa>ed. I think we all at some point ha>e doubted our sal>ation. You know you are a christian. Just because you can't get your act straight, does not mean you aren't still sa>ed. If that were the case none of us would be.

About your girlfriend. God placed her in your life for a reason. Some things are only for a season. Things come and they go. You must be able to mo>e on. Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your path straight.

Ha>e you tried talking to your dad about Jesus, and about the Bible??

As long as you plant the seeds, they will be watered. Our parents and our family are the hardest ones to reach, and the hardest to share our faith with. sometimes, we just ha>e to show them by our actions, and by how we react to situations.

Pray for them, if you don't already.

May I ask, do you go to church??? If you are an 18 year old"depressed man-child" you are most likely going to stay depressed, until you are able to talk it out with someone else. I am not e>en suggesting a pastor. Maybe a friend, or a teacher. Someone outside of the situation that you can just bear all too. That you can pray together, for you and for others in>ol>ed.

God bless you, if you need anything, you can PM me. This too shall pass. Praying for ya.

Beth

Guest LadyC
i myself how have doubts if i am saved and am destined for anything better because i know i am a bad christian and i havnt made an overwhelimg attempt to change that becuase i dont feel i have the faith or strength to do that.

ok, so you've been a bad christian. but you're here, aren't you? you're here because you feel convicted of your sinfulness. who convicts you of your sin? only the Holy Spirit. satan doesn't convict us of our sin, he convinces us it's not sin.

reaperman, i'm not an OSAS'er. i believe we can actively choose to throw away our salvation. but scripture tells us that if we refuse to repent, God will eventually turn us over to our reprobate minds. now, would the Holy Spirit be convicting you if God had turned you over to your reprobate mind?

nope. if He had, you wouldn't care enough to be asking these questions now. :hug:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Paul,

Remember all the conversations we've had? You start to make progress and do great, then Satan throws his darts at you.

You're such a new believer, you're easy prey. That's why you stick close to those who are grounded.

God has put certain people in your life. You know Jen (Artsylady), myself and there's that guy from church, too. And many people at your church who were supportive.

You have to remember that you'll hear not only God's gentle voice speaking to your heart, Satan will also attempt to reach you...only he'll fill you with guilt and anxiety.

God generally moves you to action in a way that brings godly sorrow and repentence, not stiffling guilt. There's a big difference.

The tears you cry when GOD convicts you are sweet tears and refreshing because He's always there with OPEN ARMS, ready to forgive you.

Satan will try to drive you away...tell you you're not really saved and you might as well forget it.

Honey, we ALL go through this struggle as Christians. What you haven't come to realize is that, while God wants you to yield to His will (because He knows what's best for you), He also loves you! He won't abandon you!!!

Jesus says, "I will never leave you or forsake you."

Don't listen to Satan, sweetie. Don't. Jesus loves you and will walk with you through the valley.

You aren't going to be "perfected" in one day. Sanctification is a process and you need to make GOD your focus and right now ...the girlfriend is a distraction from God.

You know, a small child thinks candy tastes good and if mommy gives you candy sometimes, it must be a good thing. Notice the parent only gives it on special ocassions; not every day. It's unhealthy.

Your girlfriend had become a tragic distraction from God as you know you were living in sin. God knows this isn't good for you and needs to shift your attention from females and other fleshly matters onto HIMSELF.

Right now, especially at this important time in your life, be willing to yield your life to Christ and let Him form Himself in you.

YOU CAN'T be perfect; you need Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit within you to change you from within. It's not a matter of just being "strong" or determined.

We do have a free will...true; but without the help of the Holy Spirit, we are helpless to change our sinful nature.

It's dependent on our willingness to yield and allow God to transform us from the inside. It's a challenge for everyone of us. We all sin and we all have to make a daily decision to yield to the Lord.

Don't you dare give up the ship! Jesus hasn't abandoned you; you're listening too much to the "enemy's" voice.

Love you, bruh... :hug:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings TheReaperMan,

A lot of good answers have been provided to you. My own suggestion is to seek God with help in finding fellowship locally. Start a Bible reading program that will take you through the Bible as quickly as possible, then start over again and then over again after that, until your mind has been renewed. Pray without ceasing. Find a place you can go to, a hidden place that only you and God knows, whether it be in you or it is a physical place, you really need to get up close and personal with God.

Most of us have been where you are at one time or another and sympethize with your plight, but it is not uncommon to man.

If you are sincere and really do want to see, know and understand the Truth, you will begin immediately to start doing the above.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Greetings TheReaperMan,

A lot of good answers have been provided to you. My own suggestion is to seek God with help in finding fellowship locally. Start a Bible reading program that will take you through the Bible as quickly as possible, then start over again and then over again after that, until your mind has been renewed. Pray without ceasing. Find a place you can go to, a hidden place that only you and God knows, whether it be in you or it is a physical place, you really need to get up close and personal with God.

Most of us have been where you are at one time or another and sympethize with your plight, but it is not uncommon to man.

If you are sincere and really do want to see, know and understand the Truth, you will begin immediately to start doing the above.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

I will agree-that is great advice Dad Ernie has given. If Satan can separate you from the body of believers, he has half of the battle right there!!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  307
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  11/02/1972

Did God put her in your life or did you choose to have her in your life.Did you ask God if she sould be part of your life?????

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

i asked god to send someone to help take away the pain and to hug and hold me which she did for a few months till she dumped me 2 days ago. she said things were going too fast, i only said how i felt and i thought she felt the same. now shes cut off all contact and i dont know if she will pick up the fone when i call her....

i kinda go to a church and know a few of the guys there. my mum is a christian, but doesnt know about my dad. my dad doesnt believe in christ, but he believes in a higher power which i guess is a start. at times it feels like im reaching out and not getting anywhere close and death and depression IS all around me and amazingly im finding it pretty hard to overcome it all. maybe im looking for a quick fix and there isnt one. i dunno i just know im lost and confused and deeply deeply hurt

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Paul,

Did you read my post?

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings ReaperMan,

Does the church you attend have a "mentoring" program? If so, you should connect with a "mentor". If not, ask the Pastor, or one of the Elders if someone could take you "under the wing" and teach you some of the basic principles of Christ. Don't be afraid. God loves a humble person that is willing to admit they need help.

I don't know what your schedule is, but start the day out at least 15 minutes earlier for a while and pray and study the Bible, perhaps starting with the Book of John and work your way through the Gospels and then the Epistles. Let the Lord point out to you the verses that you need right now and then be obedient to them. Accept by Faith that God is personally speaking to you. You will find that if you are diligent in pursuing God, He will be diligent in answering your prayers as well.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie