• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

But I don't want one as President of the United States. I don't want a man who advocates killing babies.

<>< ><>

Nathele

I didn't know your Husband was Ron Graham, it makes me wonder how many other commentators are members of Worthy. I enjoy his commentary and I get Prophecy Update newsletters in my e-mail everyday.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

When my great-grandfather immigrated here in the 1880's from Germany, there were NO immigration laws as we know them. You came. You settled. You integrated or you did not. Then it was the Poles, the Italians, the Irish and whoever else.

Not entirely true. In the beginning immigration was left up to the states but by the mid 1800's the gov. had stepped in and set up places where the immigrants were given medicals, etc. which was eventually moved to Ellis Island so no one just walked into the United States and went their merry way. http://www.ellisislandimmigrants.org/ellis...and_history.htm

The first real immigration law was passed in 1921. http://www.immigrationcontrol.com/short_history.htm

I am SICK TO DEATH of hearing about people whining and hand-wringing about "English as the main language" and whining about Spanish, whining about illegal Mexicans and drugs and gangs

Well I for one am sick to death of going to the store and the person (usually) ringing up my purchases can't speak English, I for one am tired of the mind set of the illegals I know personally telling me this is their country and they have a right to do as they wish in it and I need to find out where my ancestors came from and move back there, I am tired of the gangs and drugs, though certainly not just in the mexican community. I am equally as tired of employees who treat these illegals as slave labor, I am tired of the government making it so blooming hard for anyone who wants to come into this country legally. Half of my ancestors came from Ireland, Scotland etc., who came to these states and sat at Ellis Island and the ones before that sat in churches and jails until work and a home was found for them. What we need is an over haul in the laws and not more laws.

I am going to start reaching out to these Mexicans and South Americans and love them. I am going to teach them English myself! I am going to love them myself! I am going to teach them American History myself! I am going to find others to join me in doing this.

I wish you luck with that since the illegals I know will only learn English when their kids come home and say something to them in English. Now there are those that do want to intergrate into American society, my gkids father made it his duty to learn at least enough English to get going and has continued to learn more as the kids grow. But I find that he is the acception to the rule. I had a friend from Salvador some years back who came here legally and in turned taught English as a second language and she was so disappointed that all they wanted to learn was enough English to get a drivers license and that sort of stuff. I would not go and live in a country unless I learned the language and that is what all immigrants should do and not just in this country.

We cannot say that because American's (esp. it seems Christian Conservative American's) are too STINKING LAZY (like me so far) to get off our BUTTS and actually DO the work of reaching out, integrating, loving, caring, sharing and changing these peoples hearts and lives so they BECOME and American.

I am not sure where you live but the illegals I know do not want any of this, they don't want to intergrate because in their minds they are and always will be mexicans. As christians we should be caring, loving and give all a helping hand you right about that and I hope and pray you are successfull in doing this with the illegals you come in contact with. I am an American and I know this country was made on the minds, sweat and tears of immigrants and I have no problems with anyone who wants to come to this country or anyother for a better life. But I want those that come here to come with the mind set they are here in America and want to be a part of the ideals that made this country what it is and not to want to continue to be separate in their thinking and ways of life. That type of mindset doesn't work when it goes against the laws of the land of course I suppose we could have mulitple sets of laws for each group of people as the mulims would like to do in England. Borderless countries may indeed be what is coming but until them I want those coming into this country to do so legally. Just my two cents.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

It is good to reach out to everyone who does not know Jesus Christ, but we are talking about a man who is running for the presidency and whether or not to vote for him.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

Well I for one am sick to death of going to the store and the person (usually) ringing up my purchases can't speak English, I for one am tired of the mind set of the illegals I know personally telling me this is their country and they have a right to do as they wish in it and I need to find out where my ancestors came from and move back there, I am tired of the gangs and drugs, though certainly not just in the mexican community. I am equally as tired of employees who treat these illegals as slave labor, I am tired of the government making it so blooming hard for anyone who wants to come into this country legally. Half of my ancestors came from Ireland, Scotland etc., who came to these states and sat at Ellis Island and the ones before that sat in churches and jails until work and a home was found for them. What we need is an over haul in the laws and not more laws.

I am going to start reaching out to these Mexicans and South Americans and love them. I am going to teach them English myself! I am going to love them myself! I am going to teach them American History myself! I am going to find others to join me in doing this.

I wish you luck with that since the illegals I know will only learn English when their kids come home and say something to them in English. Now there are those that do want to intergrate into American society, my gkids father made it his duty to learn at least enough English to get going and has continued to learn more as the kids grow. But I find that he is the acception to the rule. I had a friend from Salvador some years back who came here legally and in turned taught English as a second language and she was so disappointed that all they wanted to learn was enough English to get a drivers license and that sort of stuff. I would not go and live in a country unless I learned the language and that is what all immigrants should do and not just in this country.

We cannot say that because American's (esp. it seems Christian Conservative American's) are too STINKING LAZY (like me so far) to get off our BUTTS and actually DO the work of reaching out, integrating, loving, caring, sharing and changing these peoples hearts and lives so they BECOME and American.

I am not sure where you live but the illegals I know do not want any of this, they don't want to intergrate because in their minds they are and always will be mexicans. As christians we should be caring, loving and give all a helping hand you right about that and I hope and pray you are successfull in doing this with the illegals you come in contact with. I am an American and I know this country was made on the minds, sweat and tears of immigrants and I have no problems with anyone who wants to come to this country or anyother for a better life. But I want those that come here to come with the mind set they are here in America and want to be a part of the ideals that made this country what it is and not to want to continue to be separate in their thinking and ways of life. That type of mindset doesn't work when it goes against the laws of the land of course I suppose we could have mulitple sets of laws for each group of people as the mulims would like to do in England. Borderless countries may indeed be what is coming but until them I want those coming into this country to do so legally. Just my two cents.

The upside of this is that, regardless of what these immigrants want to do, their children learn English and when the grandkids come along they don't speak anything but. I've seen it over and over again.....the cultures are lost in America. I know what you mean about having non-English speaking workers though....I live in Houston. I am seeing a change in hiring however...almost no one will hire people who can't speak English now. Why should they? They can pick and choose among legal, English speaking people who are literate, vaccinated against disease...and out of a job. No, I don't blame those that come here unable to read and having NO vaccinations against anything; I blame their crappy governments for failure to take care of their citizens. That's why they come here. I've met some who have never been to a doctor or dentist; also many who attended school for only a couple of years. I think we're worrying in the wrong direction here.....we need to decrease the number of illegals but it's generally not these people that threaten the United States.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

regardless of what these immigrants want to do, their children learn English and when the grandkids come along they don't speak anything but. I've seen it over and over again.....the cultures are lost in America.

The kids are learning English faster these days than they used to it seems. I think for the parents it really depends on how much family they have that still adheres to their roots. When my oldest gdaughter started school she had a very hard time staying in the english language, her speech had both english and spanish words mixed in so much she had to learn to think in one language at school and her reading level is no where near grade level. I finally got it into the parents head english should be the first language and the younger two have no problems. I saw a show on PBS I think that showed that there is a trend starting where some of these illegals are now going back to Mexico as industry is increasing. Factories that are leaving are taking some of their employees with them. Also the South Americans I hear have not been coming into the country as much as they did due to an increase in jobs in Mexcio. I don't see any of the candidates doing much about the border situation though.

:noidea:

What is the Mind of God towards these PEOPLE!!??? What is His Mind towards them? What does Jesus THINK about THEM? What does Jesus think about how we treat them? What does Jesus think about our complaining, whining, worrying, moaning and blathering about in fear, dred, hate, rage and so on?

Where is Jesus? Is He there with you in church? Is there on the street corner with that "illegal" looking for work? Is He in the home of that "illegal" sitting next to him as he frets and worries about being deported? Where is Jesus? What is He thinking?

Answer that for yourself from HIM and you'll know. I sure do. For me and my house -- I am going where Christ is to do what He thinks about these people WHOM HE DIED FOR! Precious souls. Precious lives. Precious people. Every last one of them.

Seems to me Muslims fall in this category as well. Seems to me Jesus died for them too. Seems to me that while we're lambasting them as being full of hate we cannot understand, Jesus is crying out for their salvation and which one of us is getting off OUR BUTTS to go where the Muslims are in this nation and share with them, teach them about Christ, welcome them, love them, ensourage them towards faith?

Seems to me I am reading a lot of flapping gums and words, but very little doing -- INCLUDING ME! So -- in response -- I am gonna DO something based on what Jesus THINKS -- what the Father THINKS and not feed my lusts and flesh any more by sitting back and complaining and doing nothing. How about you?

Actually, I agree with a lot of what you say. You understand that Mexican immigrants are already Chrstians, right? Mexico is about 98% Christian, from what I've read. Most of them are devout; more so than we are here. As for the muslims, I don't know any...really, I don't know any and don't know where to find them! I'm not sure if I would try to reach them even if I did though. I consider them servants of satan. Yes, I know Jesus died for them too but they seem to have forgotten about that; if they ever knew.

I do believe that the Lord doesn't condone the breaking of laws though. And illegals are definitely law breakers.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  3

But I don't want one as President of the United States. I don't want a man who advocates killing babies.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Saying "Killing Babies" kind of is sensationalizing and distorting the issue, sort of like if someone was to say that "The US is murdering Iraqis."

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Abortion is premeditated murder. Life begins a conception.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

<>< ><>

Nathele

Saying "Killing Babies" kind of is sensationalizing and distorting the issue, sort of like if someone was to say that "The US is murdering Iraqis."

Grace to you,

Saying that the U.S. is Murdering Iraqi's would be acceptable if we were in fact "Murdering Iraqi's." You need to look up the definition of Murder and be sure of our intent. You would then be calling every U.S Soldier a Murderer, are you willing to go that far?

However it is a proven fact that Barack Obama advocates Murdering Unborn Babies and even those who are in fact out of the womb and in a helpless position. I am quite sure that God has commanded us and implored us to defend the helpless. In fact He has stated that if we won't, He will. :emot-pray: So it would not be a sensationalization to state that Senator Obama is complicite in Murder and also an accomplice of Murdering Doctors. :thumbsup:

Peace,

Dave

<>< ><>

Nathele

There's NO way to 'distort' murder; it is what it is. There is NO way to equate the mass killing of unborn babies to deaths caused by armed conflict. This may be a way for those who support abortion to try to find moral equivalency but....it falls flat on it's face.