• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  214
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/01/1963

Hi Oakleaf..

I too have been suffering from autoimmune diseases for the past 7 years. Sjorgens, Lupus, vasculitis-neuropathy. I'm wondering if your rheumatologist has tried immune suppressants such as cytoxan or imuran? I did not respond well to these meds but many patients do well. Its a matter of calming down the T cells.

God Bless your heart and give you relief.

Dan

to all of you thanks for the responses, i know of a few sites that offer support and vast amount of knowledge thru experience, most are not christian based and the ones that are aint real popular and 1 out of 10 posts might get 1 response, im thinkin worthy is a perfect place for a forum like this because its the best christian site i know of....the people here actually care about others and freely give of themselves, other places dont....dgolvach,,,,ive had so many different meds that dont work im runnin out of options and with most autoimmune diseases what works for one doesnt mean it will work for all...my rheumy is the best in the state when it comes to my diseases, and weve talked extensively on which meds wont work and which ones might work, the list of donts is ever increasing and the mights are gettin pretty slim.....i know george is a very busy man and i aint sure if i should bother him with this idea....that and i aint sure how to go about it.....oak

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Hi Oakleaf..

I too have been suffering from autoimmune diseases for the past 7 years. Sjorgens, Lupus, vasculitis-neuropathy. I'm wondering if your rheumatologist has tried immune suppressants such as cytoxan or imuran? I did not respond well to these meds but many patients do well. Its a matter of calming down the T cells.

God Bless your heart and give you relief.

Dan

to all of you thanks for the responses, i know of a few sites that offer support and vast amount of knowledge thru experience, most are not christian based and the ones that are aint real popular and 1 out of 10 posts might get 1 response, im thinkin worthy is a perfect place for a forum like this because its the best christian site i know of....the people here actually care about others and freely give of themselves, other places dont....dgolvach,,,,ive had so many different meds that dont work im runnin out of options and with most autoimmune diseases what works for one doesnt mean it will work for all...my rheumy is the best in the state when it comes to my diseases, and weve talked extensively on which meds wont work and which ones might work, the list of donts is ever increasing and the mights are gettin pretty slim.....i know george is a very busy man and i aint sure if i should bother him with this idea....that and i aint sure how to go about it.....oak

I understand oaleaf. I was hospitalized 2 weeks ago from an allergic reaction to Imuran. Nearly died actually. I am down to trying to treat the pain.

Keep me posted and feel free to PM me anytime.

God Bless

Dan

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  214
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/01/1963

i almost died from my last remicade infusion since ive been off of all my meds...i see my doc on wed. and im gonna try to be put on one med that will help me sleep without pain, spasms, and spinal pressure...and i will be put in a wheel chair permanently then i gotta figure out what im gonna do after that......oak

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

i know george is a very busy man and i aint sure if i should bother him with this idea....that and i aint sure how to go about it.....oak

Send him a pm. Trust me, he will care.

Some of the rest of us could ask him too.

• Thumbs Up 1