• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/06/1961

OneLight, I am concerned with what you wrote about meditating...I used the word Mantra, David didn't...he was just concerned with me not sleeping and thought it would help me as it had him. He is not a Hindu, so I am confused. He says it is just a way to relax the mind and have it be free to allow sleep. We had been aprt for a few days as things weren't well between us...but it was my fault, I wasn't sleeping and therefore a little grumpy :thumbsup: anyways, he emailed me the short meditation...and it worked..nothing else was. It is the one time during the day or night that I feel free and relaxed...that I don't feel the heavy darkness. Not sure what I should do????

Dear Sister,

I was not implying that he was of the Hindu religion. I was trying to show you where meditating with a mantra came from. Since I am not privy to the email, I can not truly understand what his instructions were, nor can I know what form of meditation you used and what the "mantra" was.

As I mentioned above, we are to meditate on Him, whether it be His words or what He has done in the lives of someone. Scripture tells us what to meditate on.

Philippians 4:8-9

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I think I understand what you are saying now.

I asked David what the meditation meant he said it translates loosley to

"admire the morning, sleep to the morning, direct me to the morning" He says it is an old Indian saying.

The actual meditation I say is "mahalal heylel atsab heylel yarash basar machmad heylel"

Said 5 times before bed. (don't ask how its pronounced, I use phonetics!)

But thinking about the scriptures you shared...this is probably not from God, but it doesn't seem bad either. Maybe it is just a coinsedence that I have been sleeping better with a silly meditation. I know I am old enough to know better...but I feel something each night saying it. I thought maybe this was from God...giving me sleep...involving David to maybe help him see God too.

However I don't see how it is concentrating/meditating on God...so how could it be from him???

hmmmm...now I am...Puzzled in Pennsylvania :emot-hug:

Kim

Blessings to you Sister, from the Lord!

I have to admit that my first impression of your mantra did not set well with my spirit. I have to ask how you came these words? Did you read it somewhere or did someone give them to you? I feel that I have to warn you about how well the New Age beliefs, including the teachings and ways of the American Indians, have been brought into today's church. Many, these days, take from other beliefs and try to incorporate them into their so called faith in God. His words tells us all we need to know Him. Please, be very careful what you do and believe.

If you wish to keep this discussion separate from this thread, I would encourage you to PM me. If not, then we can discuss how the Emergent Church is becoming very popular by watering down the Bible and adding other faiths into their beliefs in order not to insult anyone. This movement is drawing many away from the truth of God and causing them to believe a lie.

In His Love,

OneLight

Thanks OneLight

My boyfriend, David gave me the meditation. He isn't New Age, however he is not a believer in God...I am very conflicted. The more I try to pray or read, the more muddled things become. I know I have to have faith that he is with me...and I do...I am trying

Thanks OneLight

My boyfriend, David gave me the meditation. He isn't New Age, however he is not a believer in God...I am very conflicted. The more I try to pray or read, the more muddled things become. I know I have to have faith that he is with me...and I do...I am trying

Blessings Kim,

I encourage you in the Lord, to continue to seek His will in your life. Do not be led astray by pleasing words and empty promises. Just remember, Sister, confusion is not of the Lord. His ways are clear and His truth is in His word. The Holy Spirit will guide you if you seek Him. Jesus is the only way to the Father.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,

And lean not on your own understanding;

In all your ways acknowledge Him,

And He shall direct your paths.

God Bless and in prayer for you.

Your Brother In Christ,

OneLight

Guest HIS girl

Matt 10 v 28

"And do not fear those who can kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." (Jesus of Nazareth.)

Jesus Teaches the Fear of God - (NKJ study Bible.)

Blessings Kim,

I encourage you in the Lord, to continue to seek His will in your life. Do not be led astray by pleasing words and empty promises. Just remember, Sister, confusion is not of the Lord. His ways are clear and His truth is in His word. The Holy Spirit will guide you if you seek Him. Jesus is the only way to the Father.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,

And lean not on your own understanding;

In all your ways acknowledge Him,

And He shall direct your paths.

God Bless and in prayer for you.

Your Brother In Christ,

OneLight

Thank you for the prayers, I am beginning to see that I need them. I am doing everything I can think of to seek him. I guess I have been waiting to feel him in my life again...but maybe I won't for awhile. I have to fight the thoughts that tell me I won't ever feel him in my life again. It has been 10 years since my husband and little girl were killed. I know I am the one that walked away from God...and it took a long time for me to start looking for him again. I am very sorry for turning my back on him...I never realized how far I had drifted. I am praying, reading the bible...asking him to guide me. I don't know what else to do. It is encouraging reading all the posts on here, helping to build faith but also seeing how many people have questions and that is ok. So here I am...and I iwll keep reading etc...hoping to find him again

thank you

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

We don't have to live by feelings, dear. We live by faith. We believe God and all he says. When He says He is always near and will never forsake us, we believe Him. He is not deterred by your lack of feeling Him--He is still right there beside you just the same! That is the miracle of God!

Don't consent to what your mind tells you, but rather believe by faith all that God tells you in His Word. When we believe that God may not be near, then we are assigning perhaps a human quality to God, thinking that there is a waxing and waning in His love toward us and His pleasure in knowing us. That is far from the truth and needs to be overcome. Our minds lie to us a lot. The mind is a battlefield!

I will pray for you regarding this difficulty you are having. Jesus is always right there, living His life in and through you. :emot-hug:

Thank you for the prayers, I am beginning to see that I need them. I am doing everything I can think of to seek him. I guess I have been waiting to feel him in my life again...but maybe I won't for awhile. I have to fight the thoughts that tell me I won't ever feel him in my life again. It has been 10 years since my husband and little girl were killed. I know I am the one that walked away from God...and it took a long time for me to start looking for him again. I am very sorry for turning my back on him...I never realized how far I had drifted. I am praying, reading the bible...asking him to guide me. I don't know what else to do. It is encouraging reading all the posts on here, helping to build faith but also seeing how many people have questions and that is ok. So here I am...and I iwll keep reading etc...hoping to find him again

thank you

Dear Sister,

Jesus will never leave nor forsake us. When I turned from God years ago, He never left me. It takes faith in Him to hear His voice, and faith comes from hearing, or reading, the word of God. Do not trust your "feelings" to tell you if He is there ... just believe He is. His word tells us that we are His and He would never leave us to the world.

You can post a prayer request in the Prayer forum for others saints to lift your need to God.

God Bless, my friend!

Your Brother In Christ,

Alan

Dear Sister,

Jesus will never leave nor forsake us. When I turned from God years ago, He never left me. It takes faith in Him to hear His voice, and faith comes from hearing, or reading, the word of God. Do not trust your "feelings" to tell you if He is there ... just believe He is. His word tells us that we are His and He would never leave us to the world.

You can post a prayer request in the Prayer forum for others saints to lift your need to God.

God Bless, my friend!

Your Brother In Christ,

Alan

Thank you Alan. The faith has been wavering I know. I do believe in him though...and will continue to pray and read his word. Not sure why the 'feeling' is so important to me, except I was hoping it would replace the heaviness and emptiness I feel now. If that would start subsiding, maybe I would not struggle as much???? But I understand what you all have been saying...Faith..regardless of what or how I feel...I have to have faith. Even if I never feel him...he is there.

thank you again....

Kim

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/04/1963

Jorge...a spiritual attack? I don't know about that. I never thought that was really possible????? I plan on finding a church here. Just have to make myself do it...I travel so much that freqently I am out of town and find it hard to go somewhere new all the time. But that is just an excuse I know...

Dear Kim

Satan and his demons are spiritual beings. You may not see them but they are real and cause trouble by influencing your mind negatively and operating in more physical ways over your body and/or your surroundings; therefore you may have unexplained afflictions, confusion, depression, suicidal tendencies, illnesses, accidents, etc, etc, etc.

It might be difficult for you to fight back on your own and that's why I insist you visit a church. I will continue praying for you.

Blessings.