• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  214
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/01/1963

oak... just hang in there bud...i will pray too....blessed is the man who trust in him......i sorry they are not being good.......but God is above all.....Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

shanee, i try real hard to rely on the LORD but its times like this i dont know what to do....part of me says stay and try to get over the abuse and the other part says leave and start a new life.....which one is satan and which one is GOD tallin me what to do......oak

oak, i'm praying for you.

all of you that are prayin id like to say thank you perhaps an answer will come to me......oak

doc told me to stay off my feet until my torn muscles in my spine and shoulder are healed, i told my wife this so she told me to clean the house, take the trash out, do the dishes and cook dinner...i can barely walk standing puts so much pain and pressure on my spine that makes my legs buckle and i fall down which causes more injuries......last night when i went to sleep i used a spare blanket to caver up with and i got chewed out this morning for it and now i dont have a anything to keep me warm when im tryin to sleep.....can anyone tell me why i should keep living in these conditions..... :th_praying:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/06/1949

:emot-hug:im praying for you oak my heart goes out to you ,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Oak,

I don't know what to tell you really. Maybe a trial separation might help? :o There are times in our life, like you are going through, that we make decisions based on pure emotions. It seems you have tried to find solutions to your problems and no one wants to try them at all. I don't know you or your family but could it be a possiblity that your wife is also frightened, scared or any other emotion like that, simply because you are now disabled? We all handle stress, pain and uncertainity in many ways including becoming abusive. I do know that stress will make us all do things we normally wouldn't do as well as wreck havoc on our health. Have you tried talking to your wife about the abuse or that you are thinking about leaving? I am so sorry you are in this postition and I wish I had firm hard answers for you, I will continue to pray for you and your family.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

(((((((((((oak))))))))))))

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

on a recent post i made callled am i alone i stated all my illnesses, i had a serious fall a few weeks ago that did some serious muscle and ligament damage. i saw my doc and she wants me to have at home physical therapy and wants me to get a hospital bed to help me sleep at night...what im at a loss about is my wife of 18yrs refuses to pt and getting the bed even if it means my feelin i bit better if i got them....there aint a whole lot i can anymore like bending standing a can barely walk i cant do any real physical work anymore but she constantly makes me do it anyway...i should say she yells at me calls me names and get down right mean and nasty if i tell her i cant do those things...my oldest daughter lives here and she wont lift a finger to help and they are perfectly healthy....i know GOD doesnt like divorces and im tryin to keep my marriage but the worse i get the worse they get....ive tried counceling but my wife refuses to come to any sessions.....i just dont know what to do....should i stay and continue with this unhappy marriage or should i leave them....i hate bein disabled and i hate my life and where it is goin.....oak

Dear Oakleaf, as a Christian God is at work in our lives and He always does that which is right for us. i.e. Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." If you're interested in learning more of what can be happening and why, I suggest you read a pamphlet I wrote wrote titled "Christian Sufferings" which is presently on page 5 of "General Discussion" - Hope it helps

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

doc told me to stay off my feet until my torn muscles in my spine and shoulder are healed, i told my wife this so she told me to clean the house, take the trash out, do the dishes and cook dinner...i can barely walk standing puts so much pain and pressure on my spine that makes my legs buckle and i fall down which causes more injuries......last night when i went to sleep i used a spare blanket to caver up with and i got chewed out this morning for it and now i dont have a anything to keep me warm when im tryin to sleep.....can anyone tell me why i should keep living in these conditions..... :group-hug:

I don't mean to tell you what to do, but I don't believe God wants us to stay in abusive situations.