• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

This blogger, who, BTW has to watch medical trends as part of his job, has made an interesting comparison of two seemingly unrelated articles of why Americans are starting to lose faith in our doctors. As a nurse and medical researcher, I have known the frustrations of medical practice from a different viewpoint and have come to a similar conclusion. Whatever your personal opinion of your doctor is, I think it is important to educate yourself as much as possible to insure quality care.

http://musiccityoracle.blogspot.com/2008/0...ed-stories.html

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Whatever your personal opinion of your doctor is, I think it is important to educate yourself as much as possible to insure quality care.

I'll give an amen to educating oneself!!! I have fired my share of drs. over the course of my illness. I firmly believe in educating yourself on all aspects of ones illness and never ever take the drs word without doing so. Drs these days for the most part are overworked for many reasons but at least here in Nevada many are due to malpractice insurance. My own dr tells me she must see so many patients a day to just make ends meet. She says she follows a sort of guideline put forth by insurance co. as to how to schedule her patients just so she can make the quota. But besides all that one should be able to sit and talk with ones dr about the best course of action for yourself and not something set forth by industry standards. Most of the drs I know/knew would never do that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

being around the medical community for quite some time now, I do know that the hospitals have a "quota" or "census" is down, the family practitioners and the E.R. crews start admitting more people rather then treating and releasing......

I know of one doctor that was fired because he failed to admit enough people to the hospital, what I do know is that the ones he did admit were in need of hospital care and not just to fill a number..... he was the one that found a problem that a lady was having, that was life threatening, and at least a half dozen other doctors dismissed it as nothing..... the lady went from 130 # at thanksgiving to less then 95 # by the time she was finally admitted on Dec 10th. AND SHE WAS EATING any thing she wanted...

Teresa was injured over 2 years ago, ON THE JOB.... she went to Work Partners ( workman's comp, doctor for the company she was working for) and they poked and prodded and sent her home telling her no lifting, no pushing, no pulling, and to come back in two weeks, that she had a strained back muscle ( she injured her back and shoulder trying to catch a patient that was falling, to protect the patient from hitting her head). Teresa went back in two weeks, saying it has not gotten any better, but worse, and they said that she is 100% fit for duty, and that she can return to full duty status..... it took about three months longer with her fighting to get some TREATMENT before they would even do an Xray (but Teresa needed an MRI, not an xray) they would never do the MRI...... now it has become permanent..... the courts have ruled in favor of the doctor that did no treatment. We use to enjoy walking through the town, (sometimes miles upon miles, even through the fire tower trail at Roaring River (3.5 miles of ozark mountain trail).... she and me have a hard time making it around the block now....

doctors? our family doctors prices just went up 50% (and that is after the discount for cash)....

crazy?????

the latest bill we have seen is right under $1000.00 for a 30 minute visit to the emergency room, not including the doctors fee.....

confidence in doctors? NOT ANY AT ALL, seems like they know less now then they did fifty years ago.....

at this moment, my dad is in pain, hard time eating, indigestion from slight in the morning, to massive in the evening, has pain at the bottom of the rib cage in front, and shoots to the right shoulder area in the back ( classic signs of gall bladder issues).... doc things it was something else, has tested for two other problems, with no conclusions, and said that will do other test if is still bad monday, sent him home for the weekend yesterday.......

COME ON DOCTORS, GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF THE SAND, DO WHAT IS RIGHT, NOT WHAT IS WHAT THE HOSPITALS WANT.

it is nothing more then a money game anymore.......

a friend of mine is awaiting a kidney stone to pass, that they have already said is TOO BIG TO PASS..... how much damage will this man have to his kidney by the time they decide that it will not pass???????

some of these doctors need to get out of the line for TRAINS, and get back in the proper one, THE LINE FOR BRAINS.......

mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

I haven't had a regular doctor since I was a kid. I had insurance a few times, but didn't need to see a doctor.

Unless I know the doctor's a true Christian, I probably can't trust one. The guy could just be out for my $ & writing perscriptions I don't need.

The point's moot, though. I can't afford a doctor or insurance.