• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

bucks, you and I have already had a "go" at each other about this same subject, and saying what someone is saying is obscene and then trying to quality it by saying your not having a go at them is ludicrous.

Scarlet I sure you really know the difference between condemning a person and condemning what they say!

An example (only) if I said (which of course I would never do) "Scarlet is a horrible person" you would have the right to get really mad at me because I would be insulting you.

However, if you made a speech to (say) the Girl Guides of America, saying that America should never have fought for independence in 1776 and I condemned that speech, that would be quite different.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Morning, you are doing an excellent job of missing the point that children are rebellious because they are sinners! Depraved just like the adults in our society and capable of the same evil.

I agree that many children are abused or neglected but that is not every case. Even if a child is a spoiled brat from how they were raised they are still held accountable for their actions and will be punished for them.

Regardless of how she got to that point this child was WAY out of line and knew better. She was rebellious, willful, violent, disrespectful, and out of control. Consequences should follow.

Well then I guess you would be okay with someone using a taser on YOUR child (I'm willing to bet you wouldn't be.) Your comment about children being sinners is ludicrous; she isn't OLD ENOUGH to be accountable or to be treated like a convicted felon. Maybe YOU missed this part....

"I believe she should have been restrained but even wild animals are usually caught in a snare; not zapped with electricity. Did you miss the part about a taser being a potential cause of death in some people? That's why I mentioned the 'portable rubber room' for minors. It doesn't exist...but it should." :cool:

You don't get a child to learn or change by hitting them with a painful and potentially lethal weapon. Look to kids that are beaten severely while growing up and note the pattern of criminality and cruelty that manifests as they grow older. (And, no, I'm NOT saying ALL of them.) They learn quickly that the biggest and most brutal gets the cookies.

If you had read my first post you would have seen that I didnt think using a taser was the best idea since she was small. My problem with your posts was the fact you put all the blame for her actions on outside sources and that is inaccurate and unBiblical. If I had a child and she dared to rebell against authority and have the nerve to strike a police officer, I would tell her she got what she deserved. I would also give her a sound spanking at home. Kids need consequences or they grow up to be wild, uncontrollable, and a danger to society.

How dare you equate being zapped with Taser, and someone beating their child.That is an absolutely different scenario. Children are humans and are capable of sin. They must be held accoutable for it.

She is DEFINITELY old enough to be held accountable for her sin. Are you joking?? Is there some magic age you have to reach, before you can be punished for your sin? No one treated her like a felon, if they had she'd have been thrown in jail and charged with assault.

You are definitely overreacting and placing all the blame on the adults instead of the child herself.

"Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child, but the rod of correction will drive it far from him."

Guest HIS girl

The point is the deputy had to think "quickly" with a physically violent student. I think even if he didn't use the taser and tackled her to the ground he would have been condemned.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

The point is the deputy had to think "quickly" with a physically violent student. I think even if he didn't use the taser and tackled her to the ground he would have been condemned.

Yes she would have. People always find something to have issue with - except the child who is to blame.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Couple of points....

To be fair, the student was arrested and charged with felony assault on a police officer and was held in Juvenile detention. This week she pled no contest.

The officer was a female. She was 5'4" and 140lbs. The student was 5'5" and 160lbs.

Guest HIS girl
Couple of points....

To be fair, the student was arrested and charged with felony assault on a police officer and was held in Juvenile detention. This week she pled no contest.

The officer was a female. She was 5'4" and 140lbs. The student was 5'5" and 160lbs.

Wow, in Aus you can physically assault an officer and get a $200 fine. Slap on the wrist really.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,832
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Kids should be chained up under the stairs and fed on bread and water until they are about 16 yo.

That'll teach 'em :cool:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I'm 6'3" @ 280lbs...I would have done the same thing to the kid because it was warranted.

Why? A guy your size can't handle a little girl's rage without a taser? How absurd. Until someone does it to one of YOUR kids, if you have any, you can talk anything. :P

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Excuses, excuses, excuses...

"The woman you put here with me