• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/21/1973

One Light thank you for your post here. :whistling: it says everything what the Holy Spirit is.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,079
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

I'm beginning to believe that The Holy Spirit can be felt, experienced, discussed with etc, and it teaches us through our hearts what reality is.

What are your thoughts on the Holy Spirit?

My very first thought is:

The Holy Spirit is not an "it!"

:)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,079
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

The Holy Spirit is Jesus in Spirit. He left this earth physically so He could come in Spirit. All His character, and His authority is mine as His Spirit takes up residence in me. This way Jesus is in the world still, working the plan of God from person to person. That is why Jesus calls us the light of the world and the salt of the earth, and why we are able to do the things that He did and even more, for He has never left us.

The Holy Spirit is the sweet presence of Christ in us.

:)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/21/1973

The Holy Spirit is a divine person equal with God the Father and God the Son and of the same nature.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

The Holy Spirit is a divine person equal with God the Father and God the Son and of the same nature.

Amen, dear one!

• Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I've split off the "heated debate" over oneness doctrine for the sake of this topic and for the sake of peace :th_praying:

If anyone wants to salvage any of that (some of it is salvageable) and debate the issue of Oneness, I would be happy to restore those posts in a new thread in the Controversial forum. PM me if you want that to happen. Otherwise, please stay on-topic.

Grace,

~O

Hi guys,

It is my opinion that a lot of people (including myself ) don't understand what the Holy Spirit is.

Over the years Christians just gloss over it (him?).

People can quote bible verses, but I want to know the experiential part.

I'm beginning to believe that The Holy Spirit can be felt, experienced, discussed with etc, and it teaches us through our hearts what reality is.

The Holy Spirit is the third Person of the Godhead. He is the presence of the Father and the Son in us when we come to faith in Christ, and it is He who reveals, instructs in the Word and in righteousness, and empowers us to live for God. As Jesus knew He was leaving, and unable to influence the entire world at one time, He sent the Holy Spirit, His presence into the world, working through His people to do more than He could ever do physically.

Hi guys,

It is my opinion that a lot of people (including myself ) don't understand what the Holy Spirit is.

The Holy Spirit is the third Person of the Godhead. He is the presence of the Father and the Son in us when we come to faith in Christ, and it is He who reveals, instructs in the Word and in righteousness, and empowers us to live for God. As Jesus knew He was leaving, and unable to influence the entire world at one time, He sent the Holy Spirit, His presence into the world, working through His people to do more than He could ever do physically.

I would correct one thing, sis. According to John 14 each Person of the Godhead lives within the believers: The Father, Son, Holy Spirit each indwell us individually and corporately. There is no verse or passage in the Bible which tells us that the Father and Son indwell us by virtue of the Spirit. The Spirit's function in the believers is to impart the divine life and become the vehicle for transformation in this life.

Hi guys,

I would correct one thing, sis. According to John 14 each Person of the Godhead lives within the believers: The Father, Son, Holy Spirit each indwell us individually and corporately. There is no verse or passage in the Bible which tells us that the Father and Son indwell us by virtue of the Spirit. The Spirit's function in the believers is to impart the divine life and become the vehicle for transformation in this life.

Colossians 1:27

For God wanted them to know that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too. And this is the secret: Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing his glory.

Romans 8:9

But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.)

Romans 8:10

And Christ lives within you, so even though your body will die because of sin, the Spirit gives you life because you have been made right with God.

Ephesians 2:22

Through him you Gentiles are also being made part of this dwelling where God lives by his Spirit.

1 Corinthians 3;16

Don

Hi guys,

Colossians 1:27

For God wanted them to know that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too. And this is the secret: Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing his glory.

Romans 8:9

But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.)

Romans 8:10

And Christ lives within you, so even though your body will die because of sin, the Spirit gives you life because you have been made right with God.

Ephesians 2:22

Through him you Gentiles are also being made part of this dwelling where God lives by his Spirit.

1 Corinthians 3;16

Don