IGNORED

why is polygamy allowed in the Old Testament?

givennewname

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

No. Woman was not taken from a place close to the man's heart. I know it sounds great and all but it is not true. Woman was taken from the man's flesh and bone and formed from that just as the Church is formed out of Christ giving up his.

Careful here, Christ did not have a bone moved out of place. We are born of His Spirit by the shedding of his Blood and our Just punishment poured out upon His Flesh. We are born from above and have not yet realized what we will be. We are chidlren of Adam by our flesh born of the will of man and we are bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh, just like the women we came from. God entered our reality from above born of a woman and thus the flesh of a man however, His nature was that of God and having no Father save God Himself he inherited not our nature.

We become children of God by Faith. By Faith we inherit the full promise of a new anture however, we do not fully become bone of His bone and felsh of His flesh until the completion of that promise attained by Faith.

When is the fulfillment of that promise attained? When we see the Marriage feast of the Lamb and fully become His Bride. We then become bone of His bone and Flesh of His Flesh. Until then we merely have a promise by Faith and have been taken as it were from His side to stand by His side.

Likewise as a picture of the completion of Gods work and the fulfillment of His economy we see woman taken from man. (The literal meaning of the word woman is; from man.)

Woman was taken from man and she being part of Him was found to be his completion and help mate she is a part of his nature thus she also is a part of his fallen nature as well. Christ has set about taking a Bride from the world and she is His help mate she is a very crucial part of His plan of redemption for the world. She was indeed taken from His heart because His heart and will from the beginning was for mankind to know Him. God has cleaved unto His people whom He foreknew.

Peace,

Dave

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grace to you,

As for Polygamy. It was never allowed and you cannot find a scripture where God condones it. It was merely tolerated and then used by God for His Glory. Just like often we see a life of sin turned on it's head and bringing Glory to God. I would urge you to examine the situations where Polygamy was practiced and see if ignoring Gods Good and Perfect will for our Lives produced anything short of heartache. :huh: The heartache then was used by God for His Glory.

God is right and man is wrong. Even great men of God were simply nothing more than sinners dwelling in the Glory and the Presence of God by Faith :emot-hug:

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

Grace to you,

No. Woman was not taken from a place close to the man's heart. I know it sounds great and all but it is not true. Woman was taken from the man's flesh and bone and formed from that just as the Church is formed out of Christ giving up his.

Careful here, Christ did not have a bone moved out of place. We are born of His Spirit by the shedding of his Blood and our Just punishment poured out upon His Flesh. We are born from above and have not yet realized what we will be. We are chidlren of Adam by our flesh born of the will of man and we are bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh, just like the women we came from. God entered our reality from above born of a woman and thus the flesh of a man however, His nature was that of God and having no Father save God Himself he inherited not our nature.

We become children of God by Faith. By Faith we inherit the full promise of a new anture however, we do not fully become bone of His bone and felsh of His flesh until the completion of that promise attained by Faith.

When is the fulfillment of that promise attained? When we see the Marriage feast of the Lamb and fully become His Bride. We then become bone of His bone and Flesh of His Flesh. Until then we merely have a promise by Faith and have been taken as it were from His side to stand by His side.

Likewise as a picture of the completion of Gods work and the fulfillment of His economy we see woman taken from man. (The literal meaning of the word woman is; from man.)

Woman was taken from man and she being part of Him was found to be his completion and help mate she is a part of his nature thus she also is a part of his fallen nature as well. Christ has set about taking a Bride from the world and she is His help mate she is a very crucial part of His plan of redemption for the world. She was indeed taken from His heart because His heart and will from the beginning was for mankind to know Him. God has cleaved unto His people whom He foreknew.

Peace,

Dave

There is a manuscript that reads the same as Genesis, 'bone and flesh', though obviously if this part which is not found in other manuscripts is accurate, it's metaphorical and who would say otherwise? Even you used it in a metaphorical way in you post.

I mean, we are not going to be transformed into Jewish people are we?

Woman was taken from man and she being part of Him was found to be his completion and help mate she is a part of his nature thus she also is a part of his fallen nature as well

This, if I understand you correctly, I do not agree with. She sinned therefore she became a sinner of her own accord. Now since Christ came through a virgin birth he did not inheret sin passed on through the male. At this time, this is what I understand. Problem is, if the woman had not sinned and the man had only, you seem to be saying that she STILL would have inherited his fallen nature, of which makes no sense. God promised in Gen 3 that through the woman's seed Christ would come, because she was deceived into eating and did not rebel as the man did with eyes wide open, and so she does not pass on the sin nature.

Christ has set about taking a Bride from the world and she is His help mate she is a very crucial part of His plan of redemption for the world.

Uh, we are going to have talk about this one, but I'm not interested at this time, I've to much to do. Let's keep it in mind for a discussion sometime down the road!

She was indeed taken from His heart because His heart and will from the beginning was for mankind to know Him. God has cleaved unto His people whom He foreknew.

I'll just say, this is not the same for the first man and woman though.

peace ~

Grace to you,

This, if I understand you correctly, I do not agree with. She sinned therefore she became a sinner of her own accord. Now since Christ came through a virgin birth he did not inheret sin passed on through the male. At this time, this is what I understand. Problem is, if the woman had not sinned and the man had only, you seem to be saying that she STILL would have inherited his fallen nature, of which makes no sense. God promised in Gen 3 that through the woman's seed Christ would come, because she was deceived into eating and did not rebel as the man did with eyes wide open, and so she does not pass on the sin nature.

This a fundamental scriptural foundation. Every man woman and child born into the world have inherited their fleshy fathers fallen nature. We are inherintly sinners and have at our heart the full capacity to sin and we will. No one will escape it outside of Christ.

Ge

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

and to think people think King Solomon was the wisest man that ever lived..... HOW WISE CAN A MAN BE TO HAVE 900 WOMEN TO CARE FOR, SHEEEEESH, not wise in my book.... lol.... one is all i want, and she is the bestest

.... because feminism at it's base is not necessarily a bad thing. :wub: Looked at Biblically what feminism bound by the Word of God can provide for and support are the same things that God provides for and supports women with. :o

:thumbsup:

Amen!

The Bridegroom's Love

""Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2

Will Not Fail Her

:thumbsup:

She

"Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies."

"The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil."

"She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life."

"She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

"She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar."

"She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens."

"She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard."

"She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms."

"She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night."

"She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff."

"She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy."

"She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet."

"She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple."

"Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land."

"She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant."

"Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come."

"She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness."

"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness."

"Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her."

"Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all."

"Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised."

"Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates." Proverbs 31:10-31

Trusts In Her Daddy

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."

"In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Loves Father God

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father." Romans 8:15

And Her LORD

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Jeremiah 29:11

Jesus

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:"

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

With All Her Heart

Hallelujah!

Amen

:laugh:

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

"The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:"

"The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:"

"The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace."

"And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them." Numbers 6;24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

:blink:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

"For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come."

"By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name." Hebrews 13:14-15

Maranatha!

:24:

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

BlindSeeker,

1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

8 For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man.

When a woman aligns her life with the principles established by God to govern the role of a woman/wife, she becomes the glory of her father/husband. However, when a woman challenges the man

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

In Ephesians we can see as well how our role of man and woman, husband and wife proclaim the gospel.

Who's we?

Well, I would have to say it excludes you.

However, the

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  324
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/16/1964

Thank you all for yr answers..

The problem with all the answers is that it does raise more questions than it answered, which is why would a holy God overlook sin in some circumstances and why he punishes sin severely and immediately. Are some sins more serious than others? Paul say sin is sin and if one breaks one sin, he breaks them all. Why should should a holy God overlook and tolerate something he has condemned like sin of polygamy???

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Grace to you,

This a fundamental scriptural foundation. Every man woman and child born into the world have inherited their fleshy fathers fallen nature. We are inherintly sinners and have at our heart the full capacity to sin and we will. No one will escape it outside of Christ.

Ge