• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

What i think is sharing the gospel and engaging the parents will ultimately do the child a world of good better than having the parents thrown in jail and the child placed in a system that may not do him very good.

Why is it that you feel talking and sharing the gospel is so bad and detramental to the child?

There's nothing wrong with sharing the gospel, but shouldn't the welfare of the child be your main concern?

Does every person you share the gospel with fall on their knees in repentance? What makes you so sure the parents of an abused child will?

If you are a citizen of this world, your main concern will be for the things of this world. I am not. I am a citizen of the kingdom of GOD, my first concern is for the spread of the gospel and the saving of souls.

At some point I would call the authorities after all other means had failed. I have faith it would not come to that.

That is irresponsible. If your heart was really for the things of the Kingdom, then your heart would be for people themselves. Having a heart for the Kingdom of God means more than just viewing people as objects you can preach at.

If your heart is really in tune with God's then your primary concern would be for the child since the child is God's creation.

The Kingdom is full people who love to hear themselves talk, but who don't really care about the people they are supposedly called to preach to. They like having audience to stroke their ego, but at the end of the day, all they care about is "preaching" and have little interest in genuine ministry.

SHi,

You really need to read everything that was said instead of taking this out of context. Just as JESUS loved by teaching and sharing and revealing GOD to the people, that is the only way we will ever make a difference. Eternal things still are what matter most.

Guest shiloh357
I often take some heat in these posts because I do not believe in the power of government over GOD. I see the plight of the world and I know that only GOD can make the changes we want to see.

There is no place in all of the teaching and scriptures that tells us Christians should be all wrapped up in the concerns of the world. We are supposed to be singularly focussed on the spread of the gospel and the saving of souls. What good we do, we are to do for the honor of GOD and the glory of JESUS CHRIST.

I come here to try to undo decades of bad teaching and wrong ideas of what we are supposed to be in the world. Most importantly, to undo the teaching that sitting on the couch and praying will not get it done when this is the most important thing we can do, take our hands off and let GOD have it.

For God so Loved the World....Jesus defeated Satan on the cross with Love...of course the World is cursed..thanks to darkness...and we know the end of the story..in the mean time...Jesus wants to see us display his love and obediance and faithfulness thru light...this isn't a big game of tag your saved like many want to believe...everybody is tested everyday ...your attitude, behavior, and actions...are they godly or ungodly...Godly loving or satan hateful...

Love always protects...you better be concerned about the world...I want my family in a safe, Godly loving environment....and it is not easy because of people like you...if your not striving for that and don't care...then the enemy sneaks in and brings about wickedness and destruction...

As a child of God, Jesus is suppose to be within us...we are suppose to be wheat amongs weeds...light amongst darkness...I disagree with you totally...I think Children of Jesus should be striving for positions of authority....whether Government, Corporations, Entertainment, etc. .and proclaiming and living the Love of Jesus...And instill his way into this world...and not just talk it...but live it...

I never saw JESUS doing that in the scriptures. I guess i will have to go back and look. Seems to me HE told us to seek the position of a servant, not authority.

I feel sorry for you. You think you can do better than GOD. Have at it.

Actually Jesus Himself was in a position of authority. Jesus, Himself was a Rabbi. He was a public Torah teacher which is why He was allowed to teach as He did. He had disciples and He placed them in positions of Authority.

The New Testament teaches us to to engage our culture. We are not to be swept up in the ungodliness of our culture, but are still in this world and we have to engage the world and those in it. The other option is to become reclusive and go live in the desert or something.

Sorry, but that is not true. JESUS was called by the Religious Authorities a man with no education and no papers and it was said that HE had no authority to teach. I am not gong to look up the scripture at this time.

That was because Jesus was a Gallilean Rabbi, who were looked down upon by the Rabbis trained in South in the Jerusalem schools. That fact was that Jesus was a Torah teacher and was respected as a Rabbi. He would not have been allowed to teach in the temple.

They were simply discrediting Jesus and downplaying his qualifications. I am rather surprised that Christian would actually accept as factual the critique of Jesus by His enemies who known to consistently spread lies about Him and even hired false witnesses to lie about Him at His trial. Try coming up with something more credible and biblical.

So, from what I am reading here, all the great careers in leadership and politics are to be held only by unbelievers? Our nations and corporations are led by spiritual dead men?

No--God elevates His people into places of authority. He has done it all through Scripture. Look at Moses, David, the shepherd boy, Esther the beautiful Israeli queen, Nehemiah, the cupbearer to the king....alongside countless ordinary people placed in positions of great authority.

There are many in places of authority who are desperate to hear the message of Jesus Christ! God sends his servants there to rub shoulders with them to influence them for Christ. We have many Christian MP's in our government. Glad they are there!

http://www.nhop.ca/pages/home.php

http://www.ihop.org/

Actually, I already said that

Guest shiloh357
What i think is sharing the gospel and engaging the parents will ultimately do the child a world of good better than having the parents thrown in jail and the child placed in a system that may not do him very good.

Why is it that you feel talking and sharing the gospel is so bad and detramental to the child?

There's nothing wrong with sharing the gospel, but shouldn't the welfare of the child be your main concern?

Does every person you share the gospel with fall on their knees in repentance? What makes you so sure the parents of an abused child will?

If you are a citizen of this world, your main concern will be for the things of this world. I am not. I am a citizen of the kingdom of GOD, my first concern is for the spread of the gospel and the saving of souls.

At some point I would call the authorities after all other means had failed. I have faith it would not come to that.

That is irresponsible. If your heart was really for the things of the Kingdom, then your heart would be for people themselves. Having a heart for the Kingdom of God means more than just viewing people as objects you can preach at.

If your heart is really in tune with God's then your primary concern would be for the child since the child is God's creation.

The Kingdom is full people who love to hear themselves talk, but who don't really care about the people they are supposedly called to preach to. They like having audience to stroke their ego, but at the end of the day, all they care about is "preaching" and have little interest in genuine ministry.

SHi,

You really need to read everything that was said instead of taking this out of context. Just as JESUS loved by teaching and sharing and revealing GOD to the people, that is the only way we will ever make a difference. Eternal things still are what matter most.

It would not appear that you have a very good grasp of what has eternal value. Until you love the people you are preaching to, your "preaching" will not have any eternal value at all. Jesus didn't preach nearly has much as he met people's needs.

We have enough people running their mouths. What the Kingdom of God needs are people who are willing to get their hands dirty and actually do those things that are of eternal value. Anyone can preach. Loving the people takes a level of commitment that goes beyond what many so called "preachers" want to be involved with.

Guest Biblicist

Kross:

"I feel sorry for you. You think you can do better than GOD. Have at it".

"When I speak and teach people, I am smiling and laughing and telling it the way it is".

"Why i am on a sight dedicated to the gospel is to help people like you get it right". :th_praying:

Oh be careful little mouth

what you say...

GOD:

Proverbs 12:18 Reckless words pierce like a sword,

but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

Psalm 59:12 For the sins of their mouths,

for the words of their lips,

let them be caught in their pride.

For the curses and lies they utter,

Psalm 64:3 They sharpen their tongues like swords

and aim their words like deadly arrows.

Proverbs 2:11 Discretion will protect you,

and understanding will guard you.

12 Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men,

from men whose words are perverse,

Proverbs 6:1 My son, if you have put up security for your neighbor,

if you have struck hands in pledge for another,

2 if you have been trapped by what you said,

ensnared by the words of your mouth,

3 then do this, my son, to free yourself,

since you have fallen into your neighbor's hands:

Go and humble yourself;

press your plea with your neighbor!

Proverbs 10:19 When words are many, sin is not absent,

but he who holds his tongue is wise.

1 Corinthians 13:1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

3 If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

SHi,

It would not appear that you have a very good grasp of what has eternal value. Until you love the people you are preaching to, your "preaching" will not have any eternal value at all. Jesus didn't preach nearly has much as he met people's needs.

We have enough people running their mouths. What the Kingdom of God needs are people who are willing to get their hands dirty and actually do those things that are of eternal value. Anyone can preach. Loving the people takes a level of commitment that goes beyond what many so called "preachers" want to be involved with.

It would appear to me you do not understand me or what i say. Why would anyone try to save souls if it is not out of love? Why would anyone put eternal things first if it is not out of love for the souls of people? All of my posts are about feeding the hungry, housing the homeless and loving people where they are with the intent of saving souls and growing the kingdom. In so doing, effecting social change.

JESUS was a proponent of social change, not political change.

Kross:

"I feel sorry for you. You think you can do better than GOD. Have at it".

"When I speak and teach people, I am smiling and laughing and telling it the way it is".

"Why i am on a sight dedicated to the gospel is to help people like you get it right". :th_praying:

Oh be careful little mouth

what you say...

I'm Sorry, aren't you the one who said that my being here was some how proof that I am not concerned about the spread of the gospel?

Does that hold true for you?

So why are you here? So far it just seems you come to pick fights.

I often take some heat in these posts because I do not believe in the power of government over GOD. I see the plight of the world and I know that only GOD can make the changes we want to see.

There is no place in all of the teaching and scriptures that tells us Christians should be all wrapped up in the concerns of the world. We are supposed to be singularly focussed on the spread of the gospel and the saving of souls. What good we do, we are to do for the honor of GOD and the glory of JESUS CHRIST.

I come here to try to undo decades of bad teaching and wrong ideas of what we are supposed to be in the world. Most importantly, to undo the teaching that sitting on the couch and praying will not get it done when this is the most important thing we can do, take our hands off and let GOD have it.

For God so Loved the World....Jesus defeated Satan on the cross with Love...of course the World is cursed..thanks to darkness...and we know the end of the story..in the mean time...Jesus wants to see us display his love and obediance and faithfulness thru light...this isn't a big game of tag your saved like many want to believe...everybody is tested everyday ...your attitude, behavior, and actions...are they godly or ungodly...Godly loving or satan hateful...

Love always protects...you better be concerned about the world...I want my family in a safe, Godly loving environment....and it is not easy because of people like you...if your not striving for that and don't care...then the enemy sneaks in and brings about wickedness and destruction...

As a child of God, Jesus is suppose to be within us...we are suppose to be wheat amongs weeds...light amongst darkness...I disagree with you totally...I think Children of Jesus should be striving for positions of authority....whether Government, Corporations, Entertainment, etc. .and proclaiming and living the Love of Jesus...And instill his way into this world...and not just talk it...but live it...

I never saw JESUS doing that in the scriptures. I guess i will have to go back and look. Seems to me HE told us to seek the position of a servant, not authority.

I feel sorry for you. You think you can do better than GOD. Have at it.

Actually Jesus Himself was in a position of authority. Jesus, Himself was a Rabbi. He was a public Torah teacher which is why He was allowed to teach as He did. He had disciples and He placed them in positions of Authority.

The New Testament teaches us to to engage our culture. We are not to be swept up in the ungodliness of our culture, but are still in this world and we have to engage the world and those in it. The other option is to become reclusive and go live in the desert or something.

Sorry, but that is not true. JESUS was called by the Religious Authorities a man with no education and no papers and it was said that HE had no authority to teach. I am not gong to look up the scripture at this time.

That was because Jesus was a Gallilean Rabbi, who were looked down upon by the Rabbis trained in South in the Jerusalem schools. That fact was that Jesus was a Torah teacher and was respected as a Rabbi. He would not have been allowed to teach in the temple.

They were simply discrediting Jesus and downplaying his qualifications. I am rather surprised that Christian would actually accept as factual the critique of Jesus by His enemies who known to consistently spread lies about Him and even hired false witnesses to lie about Him at His trial. Try coming up with something more credible and biblical.

I am inclined not to believe what you have said about JESUS. HIS ministry was not from men. HIS authority was not from the system of men. All of what HE did was not of men. We will not continue this aspect of the conversation because we will never agree on this point.

Peace

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/09/1977

I'm having a real problem understand the logic of this statement in contrast to the statement you just made.

At one point, you are telling us that we shouldn't be concerning ourselves with things of this world. Then you tell us that you feed the hungry and house the homeless. Are they not things of this world, or are they just more important than the hypothetical child that is being abused by his parents??

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/10/1975

I've been reading this post for a couple of days now and wow!

First and foremost Kross do you preach this kind of contridiction in your church? I'm really confused here with the different things you are saying.

Just very confused