SoulGrind

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  483
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Besides, isn't part of your "heavenly reward" relishing in the suffering of those in hell?

two questions...

1. Where did you get that from?

2. Why do you come here? Are you so threatend by our faith that you have to come here and attack it endlessly in hopes of maybe getting one person to turn away?

RG

Yes they are that threatened... not only that threatened they actually loath our religion to the point that it becomes their mission to 'deconvert' christians, and they become the missionary. They make up things like this, Christians relishing in suffering of others, when they themselves relish in killoing the faith of weak christians.

Tertullian was a very important person in the early years of Christianity (he advanced new theology to the Church-he coined the term "Trinity" among other things) and his belief was that those in heaven had the pleasure of continual relish in the torture of others.

"How shall I admire, how laugh, how rejoice, how exult, when I behold so many

proud monarchs groaning in the lowest abyss of darkness; so many

magistrates liquefying in fiercer flames than they ever kindled against the

Christians; so many sages philosophers blushing in red-hot fires with their

deluded pupils; so many tragedians more tuneful in the expression of their

own sufferings; so many dancers tripping more nimbly from anguish then

ever before from applause."

Now dont you think its enough givng examples od supposed christians not alking in the fruit of Christ, when we have in fact admitted this happens? Its not about how people abuse the scrptures or how they misrepresent of mislive the doctrines of Christ... its about what Christ taught

God Himself takes no pleasure in the punishment of the wicked, but its the very course THEY themselves choose, and this is stated in scripture... so why not simply admit that men abuse and misrepresent the teaching of Christ, and that Christ teaches love and patience? Why not admit that God doesnt take pleasure in the punishment of the wicked? Why not admit that REAL christians are known by their love?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Plus the whole scare tactic thing. You do know that's how totalitarian rules keep the power. That "power struggle" doesn't exist. Besides, isn't part of your "heavenly reward" relishing in the suffering of those in hell?

This shows how little you know.....No, Christians don't want anyone to go to hell. Nor does God.

Now dont you think its enough givng examples od supposed christians not alking in the fruit of Christ, when we have in fact admitted this happens? Its not about how people abuse the scrptures or how they misrepresent of mislive the doctrines of Christ... its about what Christ taught

God Himself takes no pleasure in the punishment of the wicked, but its the very course THEY themselves choose, and this is stated in scripture... so why not simply admit that men abuse and misrepresent the teaching of Christ, and that Christ teaches love and patience? Why not admit that God doesnt take pleasure in the punishment of the wicked? Why not admit that REAL christians are known by their love?

Supposed Christians? This guy gave you the Trinity. "He is perhaps most famous for coining the term Trinity (Latin trinitas) and giving the first exposition of the formula. Other formulations that first appear in his work are "three Persons, one Substance" as the Latin "tres Personae, una Substantia" (itself from the Koine Greek "treis Hypostases, Homoousios"), and also the terms vetus testamentum ("old testament") and novum testamentum ("new testament")."

I'm going to go with this guy was Christian and believed what he was preaching.

"Real" Christians are hard to define. And even on this forum, there are those who are live by the love of their God/god (and I've named a few before) and it would be nice if all Christians were like them. But they aren't. Not even on this forum.

I've met Christians who have homosexual friends and don't preach to them or attempt to "change" their sexual orientation. But I've also met Christians who hate homosexuals and tell them they are going to hell. So, I'm not sure what you mean by "real" Christian given that there are so many interpretations.

"This guy" did not give us the trinity. The trinity is a doctrine that has its roots in the OT, and if you knew anything about christianity enough to debate it on a message board, youd know this :thumbsup:

Christians hate no one... real christians are bold to warn people of the end result of their sin, but this is out of compassion...

Again a REAL christian follows the precepts of Christ Himself... its that simple

Supposed Christians? This guy gave you the Trinity. "He is perhaps most famous for coining the term Trinity (Latin trinitas) and giving the first exposition of the formula. Other formulations that first appear in his work are "three Persons, one Substance" as the Latin "tres Personae, una Substantia" (itself from the Koine Greek "treis Hypostases, Homoousios"), and also the terms vetus testamentum ("old testament") and novum testamentum ("new testament")."

"Real" Christians are hard to define. And even on this forum, there are those who are live by the love of their God/god (and I've named a few before) and it would be nice if all Christians were like them. But they aren't. Not even on this forum.

I've met Christians who have homosexual friends and don't preach to them or attempt to "change" their sexual orientation. But I've also met Christians who hate homosexuals and tell them they are going to hell. So, I'm not sure what you mean by "real" Christian given that there are so many interpretations.

"This guy" did not give us the trinity. The trinity is a doctrine that has its roots in the OT, and if you knew anything about christianity enough to debate it on a message board, youd know this :thumbsup:

Christians hate no one... real christians are bold to warn people of the end result of their sin, but this is out of compassion...

Again a REAL christian follows the precepts of Christ Himself... its that simple

Here

Its open to interpretation.

In your own words Matrix, what would you say are the precepts of Christ Himself?

"This guy" did not give us the trinity. The trinity is a doctrine that has its roots in the OT, and if you knew anything about christianity enough to debate it on a message board, youd know this :P

Here

In your own words Matrix, what would you say are the precepts of Christ Himself?

Well, given what I read on that site, not very nice. Given how many "different" Christians exist in the world, I really wouldn't know what the teachings of your God/god are because I'm not sure who to listen to. On the one hand, you have such nice people on this forum with good hearts and a good attitude and on the other hand you have others who are insulting and the kind of people I can see having heated conversations in life with others after telling them they're going to hell. It seems only some of you try to convert while others have the live and let live philosophy (perhaps because it cuts down on the stress and anguish of always having to defend your case). Some seem to take "God loves everyone" strictly to heart and actually go about their lives loving everyone. Others seem to take that as only the "saved" and in turn try to convert non-believers (or others of another faith) and those they deem to be too sinful (homosexuals for example). So I don't know, depends on who is talking.

Im not interested in what you find on sites, and that wasnt the question...

Try the bible for a source and tell me what are the very precepts of Christ Himself please

"This guy" did not give us the trinity. The trinity is a doctrine that has its roots in the OT, and if you knew anything about christianity enough to debate it on a message board, youd know this :P

Here

Well, given what I read on that site, not very nice. Given how many "different" Christians exist in the world, I really wouldn't know what the teachings of your God/god are because I'm not sure who to listen to. On the one hand, you have such nice people on this forum with good hearts and a good attitude and on the other hand you have others who are insulting and the kind of people I can see having heated conversations in life with others after telling them they're going to hell. It seems only some of you try to convert while others have the live and let live philosophy (perhaps because it cuts down on the stress and anguish of always having to defend your case). Some seem to take "God loves everyone" strictly to heart and actually go about their lives loving everyone. Others seem to take that as only the "saved" and in turn try to convert non-believers (or others of another faith) and those they deem to be too sinful (homosexuals for example). So I don't know, depends on who is talking.

Try the bible for a source and tell me what are the very precepts of Christ Himself please

Matrix

You keep avoiding this^^^^ why?

Again ^^^ you keep avoiding this... why?

Matrix

You keep avoiding this^^^^ why?

Well, the Ten Commandments aren't really up to date, plus they include 3 commandments forbidding any other god or idol. And there are grey areas so I'm not going to go with that (at least I would hope no one follows them strictly without having an open mind to grey areas).

From what I can read, a lot are picking and choosing. For example, I don't know many people who fast nowadays given how unhealthy it is. So that can be scratched.

Given that false prophets should be killed, I'll scratch that one as well and hopefully get no rebuttal on this one.

Divorce is also thrown out.

Seem a little out of date. There is the most famous one to "love your enemy" but reading other parts of the Bible, killing witches and homosexuals seems a little harsh.

Impatient Wolf jeez. A little time would be nice to formulate a post.

So you dont believe love and killing can exist together?

Also it doesnt appear youre really very able to construct a detailed thought on what Christ Himself actually taught

What did He teach on humility and love? How about protecting your family as man of the house? How about forgiveness? How are we to treat those who abuse us?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Matrix, try reading the bible instead of cutting and pasting from the net, or ask someone with the faith to understand the verses to help you. Or ask someone here what the difference between living under the law or fulfilling the law means. Or what justification means.

And instead of quoting one liners, try and read the whole chapter, or even better the book in context. If not for any other reason than it might make your arguements more coherent? I like my discussions with meat on them, and one liners don't do it for me. One liners are not going to convince anybody on these boards of anything.

I mean, below is a one liner, but there is a lot more to it than just that one line, see what I mean?

Mat 7:6 Do not give that which is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn again and tear you.

Be blessed.

Matrix, try reading the bible instead of cutting and pasting from the net, or ask someone with the faith to understand the verses to help you. Or ask someone here what the difference between living under the law or fulfilling the law means. Or what justification means.

And instead of quoting one liners, try and read the whole chapter, or even better the book in context. If not for any other reason than it might make your arguements more coherent? I like my discussions with meat on them, and one liners don't do it for me. One liners are not going to convince anybody on these boards of anything.

I mean, below is a one liner, but there is a lot more to it than just that one line, see what I mean?

Mat 7:6 Do not give that which is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn again and tear you.

Be blessed.

I understand the context from which it came. I know that what you quoted is in context of not judging others. But, I find it hard to reconcile with blatant instructions to kill and steal and it seems no context can justify it.

As well as the verse about slaves. In what context should a slave be obedient to a master who is perverse? What does perverse mean in that context? I could look up the definition of perverse and find that its meaning doesn't make the verse any less appalling.

Where do you get blatant instructions to steal? Where do you get blatant instructions to KILL outside of warfare or punishment for crime? You say you believe warfare is sometimes justified yes? Straight answer yes or no please...

Do you believe some crimes are worthy of death?

Now... about the new testament... WHY arent you allowing Christ to declare to you what a christian is? Shouldnt you accept HIS word over that of someone who may just not be a true follower?

and HERES a question for you... what IS a 'follower' in the literal sence of the word?