SoulGrind

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Atheism... I cannot imagine the utter grief of emptiness and believing that one only has oneself to rely upon and answer to... that after this... "life" - that there is no other.
What you imagine I feel is really only what you think you would feel if ever you learned that there is no God. You are imposing your own feelings on what you think I must feel. I can only speak for myself and a few close family members who are atheists, there is no grief.

That's why I said "I"... And I cannot imagine it because from the other side of the veil - I have such amazing peace and grace in my life from God... I never had it before I was a Christian. I was just ... here. Breathing in and out and doing what I needed to do .... Now.. there is just a Peace and Love that I cannot adequately describe to one who does not have God. It's not easy to put into words. My life is not perfect - far from it, but with God, I have the security of a well-loved child. If I did not have faith and hope in God - I really would not want to be here. I cannot (again "I")imagine going back to the emptiness. Blessings to you Hitchey.
Yes, I remember those childhood days. I suppose I can see a certain advantage in having the sense that those days were not quite gone, that God was taking care of everything as a parent would.

You said that you never had that sense before you were Christian. You are not suggesting you were once an atheist? Did I ask you this before?

How's your Mum?
Doing about as well as we could hope. I didn't realize I had talked about her previously.

OH NO - Never have been an atheist... I was born and raised in the church and I've always believed in God. But there is a distinct difference between acknowledging His existence and ... Believing - really believing. I was always a "Christian"... but when I was 19 - I became a CHRISTIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a catharsis that I never imagined. I went through all the motions, but was "luke-warm" in my beliefs... I knew that God loved me - but it did not seem real until I truly gave my life to Him. It is a peace like none other. Yes, you've told me you take your Mum to get her hair done... I used to do that for mine also.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you imagine I feel is really only what you think you would feel if ever you learned that there is no God. You are imposing your own feelings on what you think I must feel....

Dear One

Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Revelation 22:16-17

This Is The Opposite Of Learning

Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:

For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:

Proverbs 1:28-29

This Is Learning

Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God.

Isaiah 58:2

This Is Sin

Of sin, because they believe not on me;

John 16:9

This Is Salvation

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

John 11:25

Can You Hear God Calling

Still....

>>>>>()<<<<<

....I can only speak for myself and a few close family members who are atheists, there is no grief....

Ah!

They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.

He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

Psalms 122:5-6

We Grieve

Still....

>>>>>()<<<<<

.... It is a version of Pascal's gambit.

This Is No Game

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 6:23

For God Gave His Son

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 5:8

That You Might Live Eternally

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 3:36

Your Move

Still....

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/27/1985

It's where all the cool kids kick it. :laugh:

Is that what they are?

You'll either come to know Jesus as the Great Redeemer, or the Grim Reaper. 'Unbeliever' isn't cool.

"Cool" is always a matter of personal taste. :cool:

• Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

According to the Oxford Dictionary, atheism is defined as:

atheism |ˈāθēˌizəm|

noun

the theory or belief that God does not exist.

Let's look at the word 'theory' a little closer. As described by Oxford...

theory |ˈθēərē; ˈθi(ə)rē|

noun ( pl. -ries)

a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, esp. one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained : Darwin's theory of evolution.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Shiloh62,

re:

• Topic Count:  66