IGNORED

Did all the different cultures begin at the tower of Babel?

Mr.Jim

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

We are working our way through Genesis at our church and I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on if God did more than just change languages at the Tower of Babel. Is it possible that overnight He changed entire physical appearences as well as cultural differences? It has never made sense to me that we all evolved due to climate etc...into such distinct groups of people.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Mr. Jim, I too have often wondered that very thing.... It makes sense to me, that not only were the languages separated, but the races as well... Of course that mho...lol :noidea:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Having fallen into sin and no longer perfect. Is it possible that the races as we know them today are variations of the original.

The whole climate thing doesn't work for me. Eskimos and certain asian groups still retain their darker skin even after having lived in very cold climates for numerous generations.

It makes sense that the early people would generate towards those who " looked " like themselves.

Guest HIS girl
Having fallen into sin and no longer perfect. Is it possible that the races as we know them today are variations of the original.

The whole climate thing doesn't work for me. Eskimos and certain asian groups still retain their darker skin even after having lived in very cold climates for numerous generations.

It makes sense that the early people would generate towards those who " looked " like themselves.

Don't forget, you can get sunburned at the snow from the suns reflection off the snow/ice etc, so Eskimos having dark skin in freezing conditions does not surprise me. Ample melanin would have to be present to combat that effect.

Curly afro hair is curled off the neck and helps keep the individual cool as well as having the curls, allows more air to circulate cooling the skull in hot temps. Straight hair keeps the head warmer due to it laying flat and close to the scalp and neck. Also the straight noses/broader noses are designed to take in more or less air for warmth/cool.

Don't forget, you can get sunburned at the snow from the suns reflection off the snow/ice etc, so Eskimos having dark skin in freezing conditions does not surprise me. Ample melanin would have to be present to combat that effect.

Curly afro hair is curled off the neck and helps keep the individual cool as well as having the curls, allows more air to circulate cooling the skull in hot temps. Straight hair keeps the head warmer due to it laying flat and close to the scalp and neck. Also the straight noses/broader noses are designed to take in more or less air for warmth/cool.

Would this same melanin rule apply to lighter skinned individuals, lets say in Siberia or the Netherlands or in the Alps.

Curly air helping circulate air and decreasing temp sounds good...wonder why Lions and hyenas have flat hair?????

Guest HIS girl

Would this same melanin rule apply to lighter skinned individuals, lets say in Siberia or the Netherlands or in the Alps.

Curly air helping circulate air and decreasing temp sounds good...wonder why Lions and hyenas have flat hair?????

I'm not saying I'm 100% right!! :noidea:

It maybe different if the hair/fur is shorter as with animals...I'm not really sure how animals with fur manage with sweating etc. Haven't read anything on that yet.

What I have proposed are some things I have read about differing features of people groups.

I'm not saying I'm 100% right!! :noidea:

It maybe different if the hair/fur is shorter as with animals...I'm not really sure how animals with fur manage with sweating etc. Haven't read anything on that yet.

Fur bearing animals control temp by panting, not moving etc.

My point of course is that all races have lived in various cliamates for numerous generations and have not changed significantly because of the environment. Which leads me to believe there has to be another explaination. The scriptures seem to be mute on the subject, but it is possible that these transformations occured along with the other changes at Babel, although one would think that something this significant would warrant mention.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/01/1971

[/

All Cats sweat through their paw pads. Hyenas are actually closely related to felines :noidea: So their fur plays no role in their sweating habits.

Juls

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

The only time I read where God changed the appearance was with Cain,

Genesis 4:15

And the LORD said to him,

• Group:  Royal Member