• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

Jesus said that his sheep knows his voice. Has anyone ever really heard his voice?

I'm asking for an important reason.

God Bless

Jacqueline

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  706
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Keslc I believe has. I can't say I heard an audible voice. But I have heard a voice in my head, that is really my own (talking to myself) where God reveals alot to me. (That sounds weird, but I can't explain it differently right now). Like my conscious. It is audible in my head, but not out loud to where I would turn around to hear it.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I don't hear an audible voice either but when I pray and wait, suddenly I know things. I get my answer or I'm told a bunch of things at once. It sort of like knowing 5 things all at once in the time it would have taken to say 1 sentence. Instant knowledge I guess.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Knowing the Master's voice does not necessarily mean that you have to hear Him literaly. When Jesus walked he told His disciples, "Follow me..." and immediately they left their occupations to follow the Lord. It wasn't the Lord's voice but His attractiveness that drew the disciples. It's the same with us. The Lord speaks to us in a simple way, yet we know His voice because of who He is, not what He says. The Lord Jesus is like an immense magnet in the universe, drawing all the sons of peace to Him.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I have never heard an audible voice either but I know most of the time when God is speaking to me. I believe that he speaks to us through several means...1) mature christians, 2) our circumstance, 3) The bible, and 4) prayer time with God. I have found that usually more than one of these things will occur when I am seaking God's voice on something or if he is trying to tell me something for that matter. Hope this helps... :)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

I believe this means that the true sheep (followers) will recognize and understand his message. Unbelievers don't understand the Gospel, because they're not in tune with it.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

This is going to sound really weird (I am sane, I promise) but over a year ago I had a dream-a voice was talking to me- and I know for a fact it was God. I wish I could remember quotes, but He was pretty much telling me to get my life together (before I was born again). And the stupid thing is, I was feeling convicted afterwards but I did not change my life then. That didn't happen until March 1st. Praise God for His patience with me!!!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I certainly believe in hearing the Lord's voice, but not outloud. It is more of a change of the desire.

It brings about conviction of sins and leading to do what is right.

Click on my testimony to hear about my experience with hearing the Lord's voice. :blink:

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Jacqueline,

Let's consider this verse:

Luke 8:17-18 For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad. 18 Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.

We can be listening with our ears and totally miss what the "spirit is saying", or we can be careful HOW we hear and hear the words of the Holy Spirit as Christ speaks to us through Him.

A few years ago, in late fall, I awoke to a frightening dark oppression that was over our home. It was like a black cloud had somehow invaded our property. My bones chattered as if it was abnormally cold, but I felt it more in my spirit. I could not understand what was happening. I immediately began praying and I arose and walked through the house, all the while rebuking whatever this darkness was - in Jesus Name. But I couldn't understand why NOTHING was happening. The oppression remained, and all of a sudden as I was returning from the family room, I heard as it were, almost an audible voice within my spirit/mind say simply: "Remember the blood". With that came an immediate understanding and I envisioned a picture of the blood over the thresholds of the Hebrews when they were in Egypt. And I remembered the Blood that was shed by our Lord that cleanses us from all unrighteousness. And even as these thoughts began to coalese(sp?) I began to pray that the blood of Jesus cover this household and all that were in it. IMMEDIATELY, and I really mean IMMEDIATELY, the darkness lifted and my body became still with no more shaking as though it was in a freezer.

The next day I told this incident to my wife. She then told me of some dark clothed strangers that had wandered through the neighborhood the previous day or so. They appeared to be the picture of evil clothed in black robes and seeming to be saying/doing things that suggested that they were up to perhaps cursing various homes in the area.

Here in Oregon, there is a lot of witchcraft and darkness and we have had other incidents or run-ins with this type of evil. So yes, God DOES speak to us and I believe that the more of the Word we have in us, the easier it is for the Holy Spirit to make things plain to us. The Kingdom of God wherein we actually reside (in the spirit) has its own language which I sometimes refer to as God-ese. When Jesus was tempted in the desert, He kept repeating "It is written...." and this is the defense we have against the temptations of the evil one.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Guest LCPGUY

I personally have never heard His voice verbally with my ears as in sound waves. But I have heard His voice in my mind, or spirit should I say. I know His voice and can easily discern between Him talking to me as opposed to one of Satan's ilk.

Bro John