• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  324
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/16/1964

Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but that he may steal, and kill, and destroy: I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly.

Can anyone who has been given abundant life please tell me what is meant exactly?? All i have found since i became a christan is abundant troubles!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

In this world we will have troubles. Jesus told us that. Of course we have abundant eternal life, but I've found that it applies to life on this earth as well. The life we have isn't something the world values. We trust Jesus for our every need. We no longer have to go it alone. God is with us. We have the joy and peace that comes from knowing that our sins have been forgiven and we have been redeemed and are being transformed.

Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but that he may steal, and kill, and destroy: I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly.

Can anyone who has been given abundant life please tell me what is meant exactly?? All i have found since i became a christan is abundant troubles!

The abundance that comes from knowing Jesus and our relationship with Him. It's not about wealth or riches, but the relationship with Christ. In Christ we have the resources we need to live in this fallen world and not have to face all those troubles without outside help. Jesus gives us the strength to do what is needed, when it is needed. I never realized how messed up my life was until Christ turned on the light -- and changed me from the inside out. I no longer want to do the things I did before salvation, the desire for most is completely gone. I don't have to fight a life-long battle to stay sober because Christ freed me from all that. I'm free to serve Him, and that is the abundant life, what ever might come my way.

Remember: All the trouble we go through in this life has a meaning -- even if we won't know what it is until after we see Jesus.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Being content with what you have and where you are in life, no matter what the situation, as did Paul in prison.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

You are sitting at a computer, connected to the internet. Your clothes are clean and dry. You ate food today, a type probably of your choosing.

You or someone who cares for you has seen to it that these things were provided.

Stop and think of the troubles of the earliest christians, when just being a christian would mean your immeadiate death.

We are not told that our lives will be without trouble, but overall, life, lived according to G-ds word and will is far better than the alternative.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Welcome to the club... :emot-pray:

If being born again meant having an easy life, it would have a certain appeal, but not a lasting one.

Many people in countries like India Africa and Asia have to weigh up the cost of becoming a Believer in the L-rd Jesus, because it could mean they will automatically be killed or even tortured and killed...do they have life more abundantly?

The answer is for all of us...yes yes YES. Even the thief on the cross entered into that abundant life....which starts the moment you believe, but stretches into eternity.

The thief...the Devil...utilising sin and self, has only one object in mind, and that is to keep you from entering by the narrow gate, and to remain on the broad path that leads to destruction.

My dear brother/sister...rejoice that your name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

As for your troubles...share them with friends and others you may trust, especially those of the 'household of faith', commit them to G-d, and believe and seek him during these hard times....be faithful in the times of want and be content in times of difficulty...he knows your heart, and weighs the path you choose.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

Sometimes, during lifes darker days, trusting God may be difficult. Yet, whatever our

circumstances we must continue to plant the seeds of faith in our hearts, trusting that

in time, God will bring forth a bountiful harvest.The work required to build and sustain

our faith is an ongoing process. Nourish your faith.

Romans 5:3-4

We also have joy with our troubles, because we know that these troubles produce patience.

And patience produces character and character produces hope.

:emot-pray:

desi

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/20/1938

Great topic and great repiles!

I've just hit the big 7-oh and been a Believer 51 years. I do have abundant life - of walking daily with the Lord and having a personal relationship with Him. This has come via learning it all from the New Testament of God's Holy Word, and often I did it the hard way and the long way round *some people are a bit dull-headed or something...!*

I also have a hard life. Make that a very hard life - but I wouldn't change even one minute of any of it! Some here have spoken of this hard life, and I know it well. Via hardship we grow. One of my really difficult times was when I was put out of the workforce at age 40, and spent 3 years in bed. During that time the Lord showed me some amazing verses that not too many people ever quote (I wonder why!!) May I set them down here:

Hebrews 12:5-11

5 And have you forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to children - My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when you are rebuked by him:

6 For whom the Lord loves he chastens, and scourges every son whom he receives.

7 If you endure chastening, God is dealing with you as sons; for what son is there whom the father chastens not?

8 But if you are without chastisement, of which all are partakers, then you are illigimate, and not sons.

9 Furthermore we have had fathers in the flesh who corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not then be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10 For they truly for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Verse 6. If you're one who God loves and has received, then He will chasten and scourge you. ("Scourge" there is from the same Greek root as Jesus' scourging prior to Calvary, which most prisoners never even survived to make it to the cross!)

Verse 7. If you endure God's chastening and hardships, then be assured that you are God's son

Verse 8. If you're not being chastised and punished, God says, then you're illigimate and not my sons at all! *heavy!*

Verse 11. THE GOOD NEWS: No hardships and hard times for now seem nice or good! *what a practical and honest God we have*; but go through the difficulties, God promises, and you will receive and gain a great wad of personal righteousness (living right) into your life!!

After reading those verses, I can't see how any Believer can ever again say that life's too hard. If you will endure hardships, by which He teaches and trains you to be like Him - then you can and will experience abundant life. They rather go together!!

Bask in His love today,

- BM

I make $194.23 a week. $50 comes off the top of that for rent and utilities. I live in the biggest room in that house. I have access to everything, laundry, kitchen, garage, tools, whatever. There's a TV in every room, a huge largescreen in the living room that I can watch at any time, night or day. I have the internet and free phone service.

I have a car that looks like it should belong in the junkyard, but it runs. It gets me where I need to go and back again. The tires don't like to stay inflated, but the Lord has seen fit to provide free air at local gas stations.

I have a heart condition and I'm required to take medication on a daily basis. The cost of that alone is almost $500 a month, but the Lord has provided me with free meds.

I could go on and on about how the Lord is providing for me, but I won't.

Does the devil ever come up against me? You bet he does, every day. But every time he slams a door in my face, the Lord just opens another one.

You have be content and thankful with what you have and the Lord will provide you with all of your needs, and every once in awhile, He'll dish out a little extra.

James 1

2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,

3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.

4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

One more thing.

After reading Shlomo's post, this came to mind.

I have peace of mind. I have no worries whatsoever, because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I have nothing to worry about.

If I keep my faith in the Lord and try my best to walk in obedience, He will remove every obstacle and stumbling block that is in my path. I don't have to worry about temptations because they just won't be there. And in the rare occurrence when they do raise they're ugly head, He is able to snatch them away before they do any damage.

As Shlomo stated, it's all about faith.