Guest HIS girl

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Ruth 2:3 So she departed and went and gleaned in the field ... And she went, and came and took up the heads of grain in the field after the cutters;

and by chance she went into that part of the field which was the property ...

Luke 10:31 "And by chance a priest was going down on that ... By chance, a priest was traveling along that road. ... "And by chance a priest was going

down on that road, and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. ...

Acts 1:26 And they drew lots for them, and the lot fell ... And they put it to the decision of chance, and the decision was given for

Matthias, and he was numbered with the eleven Apostles. ...

2 Samuel 20:1 Now a worthless fellow happened to be there whose ... ... Now by chance there was present a good-for-nothing person named Sheba, the son of

Bichri, a Benjamite: and he, sounding the horn, said, We have no part in David ...

2 Timothy 2:25 With gentleness correcting those who are in ... ... Gently guiding those who go against the teaching; if by chance God

may give them a change of heart and true knowledge ...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1938

Chance, luck and coincidence all imply that God is not in control... BAN BAN BAN those word. Well, still trying to. Anything that takes control from God, in my opinion, needs to be done away with. Especially our words.

Just like when we come home from church and say things like "Oh, the service, the worship, it was so unbelieavable today!" .

How is it unbelieavable if you just came from the church where it happened?

And other such things.

Hi Aleksander,

I would have thought that worse than words like 'unbelievable' are things like when we say, "Please be with me today, Lord," when the Scriptures clearly say that He WILL be, and IS at all times!! In fact for the Believer it's impossible to get away from Him! (not that I have the slightest desire to do so!!)

Matthew 28:20b "and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Seems like we don't really quite believe the Lord when He promises this amazing truth in so many Scriptures!

- BM

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

I'd like to see what folks think regarding the words coincidence/by chance and it's use in the language of Believers.

I HAVE heard Believers use them but rarely.

Are they words that are irrelevant/relevant to the Believers vocab?

God is in control of all things at all times. He either makes it happen or He lets it happen. There is no such thing as a coincidence or luck or by chance or anything else that speaks of God as not in control.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

What is the difference between a 'coincidence' and a 'miracle'?

I'm trying to find which Bible actually has "by chance" in the NT because I have read it..I'm thinking it's in the Amplified but I will search more.

Try the King James, Luke 10:31.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  997
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Take note how many times you here the following in the secular media:

"Unfortunately, ....................................................."

From Webster

Guest HIS girl
Ruth 2:3 So she departed and went and gleaned in the field ... And she went, and came and took up the heads of grain in the field after the cutters;

and by chance she went into that part of the field which was the property ...

Luke 10:31 "And by chance a priest was going down on that ... By chance, a priest was traveling along that road. ... "And by chance a priest was going

down on that road, and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. ...

Acts 1:26 And they drew lots for them, and the lot fell ... And they put it to the decision of chance, and the decision was given for

Matthias, and he was numbered with the eleven Apostles. ...

2 Samuel 20:1 Now a worthless fellow happened to be there whose ... ... Now by chance there was present a good-for-nothing person named Sheba, the son of

Bichri, a Benjamite: and he, sounding the horn, said, We have no part in David ...

2 Timothy 2:25 With gentleness correcting those who are in ... ... Gently guiding those who go against the teaching; if by chance God

may give them a change of heart and true knowledge ...

Wow, I didn't realise how many times the words are used......

Guest HIS girl
What is the difference between a 'coincidence' and a 'miracle'?

miracle: 'wonders' and extroadinary deeds of God. (Mounces Expository Dictionary of OT/NT words.)

miracle: an effect in the physical world which surpasses all known human or natural powers and is therefore ascribed to supernatural agency. (Macquarie Dictionary.)

Coincidence: a striking occurrence of two or more events at one time apparently by mere chance. (Macquarie Dictionary.)

Guest HIS girl
Sorry, I edited my above post but hope you find that NT verse.

BTW, Solomon wasn't jaded. He was given wisdom from God so he tried out many many things and gave us a report of that trial in Ecclesiastes. Hence the result is: Everything done under the sun without God as central worship is vanity, useless, worthless.

I disagree with you Ton80, I DO think he was jaded at this point....... :)

Doesn't mean he wasn't wise tho.....