• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Okay, so a couple weeks ago I was listening to a podcast about family finances from Focus on the Family, and after I heard it I felt convicted about me not giving up my finances to God...so I prayed "Lord, okay, I'm trusting you with our finances. Teach me to use money wisely, not the world's way, but as You would want me to use it."

Yeah, that's one of those "dangerous" prayers, isn't it? :emot-handshake: I mean, not literally dangerous, because it IS in God's hands and He is faithful, but man, it FEELS dangerous.

So, my friend calls me yesterday, and tells me that she's stranded in the city (she lives in my old college town) because her radiator's shot. I get some engine coolant to her and follow her limping car to the repair centre. They do an estimate, and the rad and all the hoses need to be completely replaced, coming to about $640.00, which they don't have...not even close.

Now, it's been a long time since I've felt God telling me something so clearly, but I'm telling you it was so clear to me it was practically audible. God was telling me "help them out and lend them the money for their repairs."

:whistling:

:blink:

"Seriously, God?? We can't afford that right now!! We have vehicle repairs of our own needing done and it's almost Christmas and--"

"Pay for their repairs."

"Okay..."

Anyway, I asked my husband what to do, and he must've been feeling the same leading, because he immediately agreed to do it (like I said, we can't really afford it, and he knows that).

So...anyway...my husband's on his way to do that now.

And now I'm FREAKING OUT.

I mean, talk about jumping into the deep end!! I was kinda hoping God would let me start small...you know, hand a guy ten bucks for a meal on the street, or something like that. :b: Haha. Yeah, not so much.

Anyway...has anyone ever had something like that happen??? I really need some faith-building stories here, because this is a HUGE leap for me.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Well, I was forced to take a leap of faith when my ex-husband dumped me out on my own, in my 50's, after never having had to be on my own. I began tithing, which he had never let me do, and I've made it just fine. It's now 8 1/2 years later. I've made it as good or better than when we were together.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

I have staarted 4 ministries (counting the one I just kicked off last week) All of them by the LORD's leading and all of them with no money and no help. I was unemployed everytime with no visible means of support. I have never gone hungry or failed to have some place to sleep.

I once had $900 in pocket and a friend needed $700 to pay some bills. I gave it to him.

I do not lend money. I give it away. GOD always has replaced it.

In all of that are a lot of little stories about provision. Suffice to say, GOD is faithful even when we are not. Sometimes it is hard to realize that HE is the one who owns all of what you have to begin with. So, HE has always been the provider and will not cease just because you finally acknowledge that.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Iryssa! :emot-handshake:

I am positive you heard the Lord! Now just rest in Him, knowing that you have obeyed Him, trusting that He will pay you back---and you will be better off than before. He may not return the money with extra added (yet He may!), but He will enrich your life.

I am sure that the Lord is very pleased with you and your husband for being faithful servants and giving where He wanted to give. You were His hands and His provision to your friend!

A great motto for life is,"See and need and fill it." You have begun that new way of thinking!

Guest HIS girl

I tithe on every bit of money I have coming in and I am NOT in want - God is faithful to His Word of being THE Provider.....He looks after myself and my 4 sons.

With the tithe, I put money aside for the Church and the rest is however God leads me. This could be to help someone out, buy items from the local Christian shop to send to people to encourage or whatever the case may be at the time. :emot-handshake:

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Thanks guys :emot-handshake: reading your stories and your words of encouragement has really helped!! Now maybe when my husband gets home I can take a nap instead of tossing in bed wasting the time my son gives me when he's napping.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

This doesn't have to do with money, but it reminded me of the story of when Abraham was waiting on the Lord for a son. He and Sarah were in a foriegn land and he told them Sarah was his sister. The king took Sarah to be his wife, then the Lord shut up the wombs of every woman and beast in the land. Abraham retrieved Sarah and prayed for the females in the land to be blessed with offspring. I don't remember how long after that had happened when Sarah conceived. The point was God blessed this nation through Abraham's obedience and prayers before giving Abraham and Sarah the same blessing. God often blesses the righteous after we have been obedient and faithful in blessing others. God is good like that. :emot-handshake:

Guest Beauty1

You need a faith building story! I most certainly have one... However; I will make a long story short..

I am a single mother with two kids.. I had recently moved into a new area and met another single mother who didn't know the Lord.

She was living with her live in boyfriend. The Lord used me to win her over for Him. Her boyfriend didn't want a christian girl so he dumped her and kicked her and her two kids out... She had no furniture except for her kids bed. She got another apartment with NO furniture. The Lord told me to give her my couch and 3 chairs. I said Lord what will me and my kids sit on? no response. I knew I had to obey the Lord... So I did. The very same day she took my furniture I had received a check in the mail for over 3 Thousand dollars. I went and bought brand new furniture. I was only without for a couple of hours..PRAISE BE TO GOD. He knows what he is doing.

Guest Beauty1
Well, I was forced to take a leap of faith when my ex-husband dumped me out on my own, in my 50's, after never having had to be on my own. I began tithing, which he had never let me do, and I've made it just fine. It's now 8 1/2 years later. I've made it as good or better than when we were together.

The law of Reciprocity... Sowing and Reaping. I live on it! :noidea:

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

You need a faith building story! I most certainly have one... However; I will make a long story short..

I am a single mother with two kids.. I had recently moved into a new area and met another single mother who didn't know the Lord.

She was living with her live in boyfriend. The Lord used me to win her over for Him. Her boyfriend didn't want a christian girl so he dumped her and kicked her and her two kids out... She had no furniture except for her kids bed. She got another apartment with NO furniture. The Lord told me to give her my couch and 3 chairs. I said Lord what will me and my kids sit on? no response. I knew I had to obey the Lord... So I did. The very same day she took my furniture I had received a check in the mail for over 3 Thousand dollars. I went and bought brand new furniture. I was only without for a couple of hours..PRAISE BE TO GOD. He knows what he is doing.

Welcome to Worthy, Beauty1!