IGNORED

Where to look in the Bible

Guest Annabelle

Guest Called
Not to make too much light of this but hey...this is some hard words for us ladies to swallow...see called I am "getting over myself

:D:D:D

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

Okay KMB got a hold of me.  Here is a verse that my husband thinks I should memorize that deals with sex within marriage.  :D

Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry.  But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband.  The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife.  Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. I say this as a concession, not as a command.

Corinthians 7:1-6

I hope this helps!

Not to make too much light of this but hey...this is some hard words for us ladies to swallow...see called I am "getting over myself"... :D

Sometimes our own pride is the hardest thing to swallow :D

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Dop! I feel like I've just been dissed!!!!!! :D

Dop! I feel like I've just been dissed!!!!!! :D

nothing personal... its true for all of us :D

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  09/27/1976

I agree with nebula. Some forms of religion don't believe in cutting your hair, wearing makeup etc. I think if you are dressed modestly (no daisy dukes, tummy t's etc) and wear make-up to enhance your beauty then you are fine...sorry don't know of any specific verses.

As far as the whole submission thing is concerned, the main verse is in Colossians 3:18 which simply states for wives to submit to their husbands because it is fitting to the Lord. There are other verses that speak to this as well. Alot of times men take this out of context. Marital decisions should be made with both partner's opinions being taken into consideration but ultimately the man makes the decision and answers to God for his decision. The only time that you would not submit to your husband would be if it is something that is contrary to God's word. Might I also take this opportunity to say that this is why it is so important for us wives to lift our husbands up to the Lord in prayer!

Some other good passages to read is found in 1Peter 3:1-8

good post! I agree!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Hey, nothing wrong with moles. I got 'em too. Concentrate more on how God will use us if we let Him. Nothing is more beautiful than a person that glows from God's love.

t.

Hey, nothing wrong with moles. I got 'em too. Concentrate more on how God will use us if we let Him. Nothing is more beautiful than a person that glows from God's love.

t.

nothing but Christ himself :D but yeah outer appearance honestly means NOTHING in the scheme of things... the body you are in is but a temporary vessel and shall be shed for a perfect body in heaven

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/12/1972

There's nothing wrong with wearing make-up at all. Just don't put on so much that it looks like you put it on with a putty knife. The inner appearance is what matters to God. Wear make-up modestly if you want to wear make-up.

Guest LadyC

kmb... most women can live without sex? huh? i've never met a woman who could happily live without sex, except maybe my mother, LOL. well, and any woman going through menopause! God created us ALL as sexual beings... men and women alike!

annabelle, the way you worded it makes me wonder, and if you've answered this later in another post, forgive me, i haven't read them all yet. but do you look at sex as only an obligation? i'm not trying to make you uncomfortable, really... i'm just thinking that if you find no joy in sexual intimacy with your husband, there must be an underlying cause that perhaps some counseling could help you with.

sexual intimacy is the most wonderful of all the gifts God gave to married couples. it's meant not just for reproduction, but for pleasure... the woman's pleasure AND the man's pleasure, which is why God is so clear that men are likewise not deny their wives sexual fulfillment.

now, i'm probably getting ahead of myself here since i don't know your circumstances, but.... you said you're 44 years old, and because i'm not sure from your post if you actually desire your husband. i'm only 39, and am going through peri-menopause... a while back i posted a thread on this subject, very confused because i would CRINGE when my husband would touch me... i'd often start bawling my eyes out just because he wanted sex, and i had zero desire anymore. i have one word for that situation...

ESTROVAN!!!!

i can't even begin to tell you how helpful estrovan has been. i have desire, my body responds, and fulfillment is not only possible, it is predictable. FINALLY! it's also done wonders for those nasty little hot flashes and dozens of other little annoying symptoms of menopause that i was beginning to experience.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

t.

That was so nice....