• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

GOD put a Lying spirit in the mouth of the prophets of Ahab (1Kings 22:22), HE sent an evil spirit to Saul (1Sam 16:14), and a demon to buffet Paul (2Cor 12:7), GOD sent an evil spirit (Jud 9:23)

How is it you say GOD does not use evil to accomplish HIS will?

GOD has created all thing and for HIS pleasure (Rev. 4:11), All things were made by HIM (John 1:3),

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

Allowing something to happen is not the same thing as causing it to happen. A lot of the things you have posted are taken out of context.

It seems you are saying, basically that man has no choice over anything. If that's the case then why did Christ die? If the end is decided before hand then Christ died in vain.

We have choices and they may not line up with God's will for ourlives, but he allows them to happen. Not the same thing as God forcing them to happen in spite of what we choose.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

God didn't put a lying spirit into their mouths: the spirit said "I will go and do this". God didn't order the spirit up, but because he petitioned God, God allowed it.

"And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the Lord, and said: I will deceive him. And the Lord said to him: By what means? 22 And he said: I will go forth, and be a lying spirit, in the mouth of all his prophets. And the Lord said: Thou shalt deceive him, and shalt prevail: go forth, and do so."

This is nothing new - Satan petitions God all the time for things. Remember Job? Satan petitioned God for every tangible thing that Job had.

The same is true of 1 Sam 16:14, in which it says: "and he was tormented by an evil spirit sent by the LORD."

This doesn't mean God conjures up evil spirits to just send down to people - they come to God, and God allows them to go. You may be thinking, why does God allow it? Because God's power is always stronger than that of demons. Therefore one only needs to TRUST IN GOD to help him against the spirit, and you will have no problem:

1 Corinthians 10:13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Edited by Sgtazur

God didn't put a lying spirit into their mouths: the spirit said "I will go and do this". God didn't order the spirit up, but because he petitioned God, God allowed it.

"And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the Lord, and said: I will deceive him. And the Lord said to him: By what means? 22 And he said: I will go forth, and be a lying spirit, in the mouth of all his prophets. And the Lord said: Thou shalt deceive him, and shalt prevail: go forth, and do so."

This is nothing new - Satan petitions God all the time for things. Remember Job? Satan petitioned God for every tangible thing that Job had.

The same is true of 1 Sam 16:14, in which it says: "and he was tormented by an evil spirit sent by the LORD."

This doesn't mean God conjures up evil spirits to just send down to people - they come to God, and God allows them to go. You may be thinking, why does God allow it? Because God's power is always stronger than that of demons. Therefore one only needs to TRUST IN GOD to help him against the spirit, and you will have no problem:

1 Corinthians 10:13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

This is classic. The Bible says GOD sent the evil spirit. You say HE allowed the evil spirit. Hummmm, which source should I believe?

And GOD used them to do HIS will. worked out a plan with them. Put the verses back into context. GOD uses them to do HIS will. And HE blesses their efforts.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

GOD put a Lying spirit in the mouth of the prophets of Ahab (1Kings 22:22), HE sent an evil spirit to Saul (1Sam 16:14), and a demon to buffet Paul (2Cor 12:7), GOD sent an evil spirit (Jud 9:23)

How is it you say GOD does not use evil to accomplish HIS will?

GOD has created all thing and for HIS pleasure (Rev. 4:11), All things were made by HIM (John 1:3),

what? God blesses the efforts of who, the demons? kross, i think you're a little confused.

If GOD tells the lying spirit to go and he will prosper in his efforts, than GOD has blessed it to prosper.

And GOD commanded the spirit "to go and do so" So, it was at the command of GOD that the sin took place and GOD established that the plan would work.

what? God blesses the efforts of who, the demons? kross, i think you're a little confused.

If GOD tells the lying spirit to go and he will prosper in his efforts, than GOD has blessed it to prosper.

And GOD commanded the spirit "to go and do so" So, it was at the command of GOD that the sin took place and GOD established that the plan would work.

There Is No Sin In God

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights,

with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17

And No Juice For Lying Spirits

And the LORD God said unto the serpent,

Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle,

and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: Genesis 3:14

And Prosperity Is Found In God's Love

But as it is written,

Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard,

neither have entered into the heart of man,

the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 1 Corinthians 2:9

And In The Hearts Of Those Who Trust In The Son And Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,

that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

There Is No Sin In God

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights,

with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17

And No Juice For Lying Spirits

And the LORD God said unto the serpent,

Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle,

and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: Genesis 3:14

And Prosperity Is Found In God's Love

But as it is written,

Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard,

neither have entered into the heart of man,

the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 1 Corinthians 2:9

And In The Hearts Of Those Who Trust In The Son And Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,

that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

I guess to you all this means that GOSD did not send the evil spirits to do HIS will as it is written in the Bible?

To me this means that you choose to interpret one scripture by ignoring the light of another scripture that shines just as bright.

Guest shiloh357
I guess to you all this means that GOSD did not send the evil spirits to do HIS will as it is written in the Bible?

To me this means that you choose to interpret one scripture by ignoring the light of another scripture that shines just as bright.

No kross, it just means that we know the difference between legitmate interpretation priniciples and the shoddy, unskilled approach you employ.

You see no problem attributing sin to God, and that flaw in your understanding of God's sovereignty contaminates the rest of your theology and how you read the Bible.

God did not literally send the lying spirit. It is a case of God simply giving Ahab over to his wickedness. Ahab wanted to be led by false prophets and God simply gave Ahab his wish to his own destruction. When you examine the passage in the light of how God is revealed throughout the entire Bible, it is consistent with His methodology. It is no different than God giving the irretrievably wicked over to their own hardness of heart and stubborn impenitence.