irishcowboy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

I sure wish we had a security camera on the house New Years Eve.... there was some excitement that we just found out about this evening.....

Teresa, Isaac and me went to the Kings Chapel in Carterville Missouri, for a Watch Night Service that started at 9:00. we left the house at about 5:00 so we could pick up a accompaniment CD's (store closing at 6:00) then we went to have dinner at one of Isaac's favorite places PIZZA!!!!! YEAH...

the service was wonderful, lots of good music and song, plenty of prayer, praising and worshipping and then a good message. of course there is also the fellowship and after Midnight, BREAKFAST.... well, good food anyways..... lots of it....

We didn't get back until almost 3:00 am.......

Oh Yea, we got stopped, was happy to have been stopped, the officer noticed an out of state tag (we are from Kansas, and we are in Missouri) ensuring we were where we are suppose to be (working with the youth at Kings Chapel and also others associated with the House of Prayer in Enid.... we thanked the officers, and anyways, wonderful night....

when we got home, I made a comment some one had been by the house to Teresa (Isaac was snoozing really good so he was not hearing me...hehehehe...) the gate on the porch had the spring disconnected (auto close so the dog can only go from the house to the fenced in section of the yard, the porch has two gates, one in front, one on the side to the yard).... we didnt think anything more about it.....

this evening Butch, our neighbor, and a former customer of mine and also a good friend.... came up, Princess let us know he was there, the barking she was doing was that of some one she knows.... so I wnt out and well, he was just getting to the edge of the porch..... we talked for a bit and he asked me if there was anything missing from the porch, I said no, not that i have noticed ( have a wire spool for a table and a plastic chair and a wooden foot stool and a couple bird feeders)

He told me his wife and him were watching a movie, thinking about crashing soon as it was over (about 10) on new years eve...

when the dogs in the neighbor hood went crazy, starting with mine, said she was getting really upset, and his dogs were howling good and the hunting dogs the other neighbors were going so much that they could not hear the TV. so he got up and looked out and seen some one running towards our house, hit the railing did a flip over and hit his head on the porch, as Butch gabbed his bat and called the police to get down here asap..... the guy got up and started pounding the door and when he could not get anyone to answer he tryed to open the door and then Butch said he tryed getting in by using shoulder.... he hit the door several times when butch was about half way to our house, he yelled at him and he took off down the alley, as the police pulled up they heard him trying to get in the back door......

the police officer knew him, told him to get his self home..... after the police left, and Butch went in the house, the guy was on Butches porch..... he called the police again, just as the officer was making a "round the block" trip before heading out.... they caught the guy this time and he got an all expense paid trip to the County Jail.....

Butch was telling me that the guy was shaking the house hitting the door so hard, no damage to the front door or jam or anything (the door is a metal door with just a entry lock set, with a wooden door frame) the back door has a 27"wide x 36" high window in it, again no dead bolt, just entry lock set..... wooden door, wooden door frame for the back......

Butch was surprised about how hard he was slamming the doors and could not get in..... I am not, I am not surprised at all....

God is in control, God is our protector, confounds the wise of the world.....

God is soooooo gooooood....

mike

by the way,

Tuesday evening, we were spending some time (about 2.5 hours) on the phone with one of our mentors.... he gave us some verses, and other things..... Teresa wrote them out on sticky notes and has them placed in different areas of the house, one place is the inside of the front door (the one that took the greatest beating.....lol) she did this Wednesday morning.....

here is what is on the sticky notes:

Faith is

1. God can not lie,

His Word tells no lies,

His Words to me is no lie,

What He has told me in my heart He will do.

2. God Says I have no failures,

I Died so there would be none,

What God made will never fail.

3. God says I am never late,

I am right there at the point of your need,

Is 49:25 But this is what the Lord says; Yes, captives will be taken from warriors and plunder retrieved from the fierce; I will contend with those who contend with you, and your children I will save.

Is 41:10-13

10. So do not fear, for I am with you: Do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand

11. all who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced; Those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish.

12. Thou you search for your enemies, you will not find them. Those who wage war against you will be nothing at all.

13. For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you do not fear I will help you

Matthew 16:19

I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven: What ever you bind on earth will be bound in Heaven, And what ever you loose on earth will be loose in Heaven.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  04/05/1959

God is soooo good truly brother. Glad they caught him and all is well. Blessings

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Wow! That is a wild story! What a blessing your neighbor was there and the police responded so quickly. God was certainly watching over your home.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

What a wonderful, faith-building story. God is indeed awesome. Thank you for sharing this experience :-)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Wow, what a wonderful testimony..... Ain't GOD good???? That was awesome... Thank you for sharing that, as I needed to hear the first thing written on the sticky note... GOD does NOT lie... WHOO HOO thank you, Ineeded that right this minute... Double duty is what your friend did... Helped YOU and helped me!!!!! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/08/1954

Our God is very awesome. Praise Him forever!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  231
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

God's angels certainly had charge over yours! Did the police ever tell you what the guys problem was :noidea:

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

God's angels certainly had charge over yours! Did the police ever tell you what the guys problem was :emot-pray:

problem; sin..... bondage...... bound to the flesh...... more specificly, drugs.

new years eve, the police had as many as they could on duty, and then had to call in assistance from the county there was so many break ins happening

what the kicker is, the back door is just a regular 27in x 36in single floated glass..... like in you go to the hardware store and tell them the size you need, they cut it and then it breaks before you get home type glass........

mike

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

wowzers Mike you are blessed. A great reminder that all of us are blessed because of our mighty God!