IGNORED

I have a question.

Guest HIS girl

Then... there's the situation where a man... who showed up at the feast... not wearing the proper attire. Hmmmm. Obviously he CHOSE to attend in response to "whosoever" will... Why is it, the master of the feast, who originally invited all, then seemed to become a little more selective targeting certain ones... THEN... he rejects this one and casts him out of the feast into outer darkness??? Surely... this man thought... "I am as welcome as anybody to attend the feast because the invitation said "whosoever!". "Why is the master of the feast doing this to me?" "Why have you done this to me and why have you made me to suffer embarassment or humiliation like this?" "How can the master of the feast be considered a kind and generous man?" "Afterall... what people tell me is... I only had to CHOOSE to attend!" "I've done nothing but "run to and fro" in preparation and I truly CHOSE to be here!!" "Why else would I come except that I WILLED it to be so?"

Not everyone who simply believes will make it into the kingdom.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

The thing is man, if you read the Bible allowing the Holy Spirit to guide you, then you WILL notice the errors.

Some folks new to the Faith don't read the Bible like that. They try and fit the Word to what they perceive it to mean.

I agree.

Why then do you fear "that "new" Christians are getting completely mixed up by reading this thread - "?

Do you believe there is something in this thread that would cause a new believer to stumble?

Just curious.

Not only that but it doesn't matter what is writen in this thread because if a new Christian is already chosen why bother even to read the thread of be concerned about stumbling? I mean no matter what happens they are already chosen. Right?

No one is pre-chosen but all are called to recieve Christ and if they reject Christ they are not chosen.

It is interesting to read some of the more flip statements.I think they reveal interesting ideas.

Your statement here, Mass, tells me that you put a great deal of belief in the idea that man chooses to be born, does the work to clean himself up, and fails to stumble as a result of his own power and effort. Now, I do not know if this is what you think the scriptures state, but it is kinda what you just stated.

I wonder, at what point in a person's salvation does the power of GOD come into play in your undersatnding? When is it that GOD begins to alter the will of a man to be more in line with HIS will?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

The thing is man, if you read the Bible allowing the Holy Spirit to guide you, then you WILL notice the errors.

Some folks new to the Faith don't read the Bible like that. They try and fit the Word to what they perceive it to mean.

I agree.

Why then do you fear "that "new" Christians are getting completely mixed up by reading this thread - "?

Do you believe there is something in this thread that would cause a new believer to stumble?

Just curious.

Not only that but it doesn't matter what is writen in this thread because if a new Christian is already chosen why bother even to read the thread of be concerned about stumbling? I mean no matter what happens they are already chosen. Right?

No one is pre-chosen but all are called to recieve Christ and if they reject Christ they are not chosen.

It is interesting to read some of the more flip statements.I think they reveal interesting ideas.

Your statement here, Mass, tells me that you put a great deal of belief in the idea that man chooses to be born, does the work to clean himself up, and fails to stumble as a result of his own power and effort. Now, I do not know if this is what you think the scriptures state, but it is kinda what you just stated.

I wonder, at what point in a person's salvation does the power of GOD come into play in your undersatnding? When is it that GOD begins to alter the will of a man to be more in line with HIS will?

No kross you got me wrong. We all sin on a daily bases whether we know it or not. Which is one reason I ask for forgiveness for sin I don't know that I have commited. Men chooses on their own accord to be born "again". That is when Christ inters into the heart and we start making Christ like choices and try to fallow after His will for our life.

I do however place a great deal of belief in the God given choice to choose to except or reject Him.

Guest HIS girl
I'm interested to know where you think I stand larry? Am I one of the 'chosen" or am I misled?

If you and I are BOTH led by the Holy Spirit but have different views - what's going on?

Thoughts larry.

Girly Girl, :cool:

I, for one, think you are one of GOD's children, set apart, sanctified, blood bought saint of the living GOD. Regardless of how you understand which came first, THE SPIRIT or the faith (chicken or the egg) does not change who you are in CHRIST.

I believe the chicken came first because I believe in creation. The evolustionist has to believe the egg came first because what laid it was not really a chicken yet. Regardless of how it became a chicken, it is a chicken. :thumbsup:

"Make your calling and Election sure" 1Peter 1:10 which to me says "know that you know that you know"

Kross, the Holy Spirit wooed me BACK to God through the death of Christ. We are ALL lost because of sin through Adam and Eve and we ALL have hope through Christ - This is the Faith I have in the Bible - ThankYou God!

Guest HIS girl

Another thing Kross, do you think it's your own choice that you are here on this thread OR that God chooses you to be here?

Maybe you are here for a reason?????

To learn from me..... :thumbsup: ..............................................J O K E!!

:cool:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

Another thing Kross, do you think it's your own choice that you are here on this thread OR that God chooses you to be here?

Maybe you are here for a reason?????

To learn from me..... :emot-hug: ..............................................J O K E!!

;)

GOD has apointed me to be here. Perhaps to teach, perhaps to learn. With some of the things that have been said about me or to me, I think mostly to learn to stay calm. :emot-hug:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Men chooses on their own accord to be born "again".

I can say from my own experience that I was not born again of my own accord - it was what God did in my life that utterly convinced me of His reality.

First he softened me, then convinced me.... then I accepted.

I can say from my own experience that I was not born again of my own accord - it was what God did in my life that utterly convinced me of His reality.

I'll go for that.

Guest HIS girl

I'll go for that.

The Holy Spirit presents you with the Truth - it's up to you whether you accept that invitation to eternal life with Jesus/God. Just like it's up to you to continue on in sin.

I'll go for that.

The Holy Spirit presents you with the Truth - it's up to you whether you accept that invitation to eternal life with Jesus/God. Just like it's up to you to continue on in sin.

Actually when I got saved the process started because I was working with a man who was a Pentecost. I was so ignorent of the bible I thought the new testament was written by men only and should not be read. He told me I was wrong and that I should give the new testament a chance. Since I was qurious and I wanted to be a good employee I gave the new testament a chance. By the time I was finished reading the first 4 books I suddenly knew that I needed to get saved so I went to the nearest church and after a few weeks I got saved and baptized in the same night.

From My own experience I can say that the Holy Spirit used someone else to speak/minister to me about Jesus and it was my choice to recieve or reject those words of wisdom like I had so many time before I went to work for that man.

My mother has resisted the call of God all of her life. She claims to be a good Catholic and goes to a Catholic church. She even reads the bible a few times a week. But she is so filled with hate and bitterness so that nothing but poison spews out of her mouth. She no longer even talks to two of her children and she tried to rip one of them off for $80,000 but she lost in a court of law in June of last year. Can you imagine having to take your own mother to court in order to protect your self and your wife from losing everything and being thrown out on the street.

At the age of 78 she is dieing and could die any day from COPED, is doing breathing treatments every day several times a day and still smoking up a storm. In fact she lites up immediately after she does her treatments.

She could die any day and if something doesn't change she is going to die in the same spiritual condition she is in right now. If she dies in this condition of very large hatred and bitterness she will die with that in her life/heart which is antichrist like. I believe that God has turned her over to a reprobate mind and has turned His face from her.

We can refuse or reject the calling of God if we choose to do so unto death. And my mother is raw proof of that choice. She is not dead yet but if nothing changes and she dies tomorrow?