mead

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  871
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

Morning brothers and sisters, I am not sure if this question has been posted before but here goes. I thought about this for a few minutes the other day and wanted feedback from others on what they thought.

We know that sin seperates us from God, dums us down overall so to speak. There are so many examples of what can happen when the Lord draws close:wisdom, strength and protection are just a few to name. What about a completely sinless person(aside from Jesus)? I am not suggesting a superhero, lol, but could they have had a much higher intelligence, senses or ? Being sinless and SO close to the Lord, could they have been extraordinary in ways before sin?

Thoughts? :th_praying:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

I think if you look at Jesus you see a sinless man walking in our flesh.

Scripture has this to say;

1Jo

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Morning brothers and sisters, I am not sure if this question has been posted before but here goes. I thought about this for a few minutes the other day and wanted feedback from others on what they thought.

We know that sin seperates us from God, dums us down overall so to speak. There are so many examples of what can happen when the Lord draws close:wisdom, strength and protection are just a few to name. What about a completely sinless person(aside from Jesus)? I am not suggesting a superhero, lol, but could they have had a much higher intelligence, senses or ? Being sinless and SO close to the Lord, could they have been extraordinary in ways before sin?

Thoughts? :th_praying:

I find myself having to agree with you, granted Adam and his direct descendants were not super human, however I do believe that they were of higher intelligence, in the sense that they directly knew more about God than what we do.

This is a huge topic, and is subject to speculation.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

It's possible that they had telekinetic and telepathic capabilities as well. As a previous post stated, it is all speculation though. :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

IMO,there "superhuman" abilities would have been spiritual. they had a spiritual relationship with God that sin had not yet marred.

When sin came into the world it broke that spiritual relationship with our Lord.

Jesus came to restore our relationship with God.

JUst as today, those who spend more time with God have more wisdom, and spiritual knowledge than those who don't.

Guest HIS girl

I'm not sure about superior mental abilities...would we have needed to be telepathic etc? When you look at the human body - communication for us is VERY physical...from speech to showing emotions with our limbs etc - God made us that way. Did we lose anything mentally speaking with the Fall? - that is an interesting question. If so - has THAT hindered our relationship with God?

I do know that since being saved - I "think" differently - especially in regards to reading the Bible...having said that, it is with the help and guidance of the Holy Spirit to "open" things for me. It is not MY own doing.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I'm not sure about superior mental abilities...would we have needed to be telepathic etc? When you look at the human body - communication for us is VERY physical...from speech to showing emotions with our limbs etc - God made us that way. Did we lose anything mentally speaking with the Fall? - that is an interesting question. If so - has THAT hindered our relationship with God?

I do know that since being saved - I "think" differently - especially in regards to reading the Bible...having said that, it is with the help and guidance of the Holy Spirit to "open" things for me. It is not MY own doing.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  871
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

It's possible that they had telekinetic and telepathic capabilities as well. As a previous post stated, it is all speculation though. :)

I agree brother, I think before the fall they used 100% of their spiritual,mental and physical capabilities.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The way I tend to see it is as fragmentation. Adam would have carried in his makeup the best of what different humans now possess.There have been and are giants and it seems before the Fall everything was on a much larger scale and the tendency after the Fall has been backward and downward to entropy etc - jimc

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Thoughts? :)

I doubt it. For that to be true we would have to believe that the fall made man less intelligent. There is nothing in Scripture which indicates that, nor is there any evidence in human history that man has become less intelligent. Quite the opposite, in fact, Man has generally become more intelligent though the passage of time.

We need to be very careful about presuming things that the Scripture does not prove or lend evidence to. While it may be nice to imagine that man was at one time more intelligent or had "higher facilities" before the fall, we should keep it just to that: a fanciful imagination. We should never allow such imaginations to become a part of what we believe or, especially, what the Scriptures say.