• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Grace to you,

My wife and I were a bit older when we had our last child and they asked us the same thing. I looked the Doctor square in the eye and said," it doesn't matter what condition this child will be in, it will be a gift from God and He will gain all the Glory. We aren't interested in the tests, our Faith is in Jesus." Then my wife nodded and agreed. The only tests we took were the ones that tested for bacteria and such that might cause problems with the delivery. Those tests are incredibly error prone and I know of many women who have tested false positive for a whole rack of maladies.

Stand your ground beloved of God and let them know who the Lord is. :blink:

You should also read our fearless Leader at Worthy's testimony. George and his wife were told to abort their baby because he was going to be born with a malady. However, after George peeled his wife Rivka's fist off of the Doctors forehead, :( (just kidding) they put their Faith in God and prayer.

The child was born perfectly healthy and normal and is one doggon' handsome kid. He is a sincere blessing and I know because I got to hold him when he was a wee little baby.I also had the deepest honor one can have in this life, partnering with the Faithhful and God in praying for a child like this.

May the Lord Himself watch over your child and fearfullly forming him/her in the image of our alltogether Lovely Savior Jesus, in complete health so that God may gain all the Glory, Amen! :laugh:

Peace,

Dave

Thank you Dave!!! It's awesome testimonies like this that build our faith in the goodness of our Lord and savior!

I am definately standing my ground in faith. My baby is a glorious gift from God and he/she will be made in His image.

God bless you dave

stacey c

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  376
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/30/1962

As some of you may know I'm expecting baby # 8 in June.

Due to my advanced age :blink: I have to have certain test done to ensure the health of my child.

Yesterday the doctor's office called me to scheduel a 2nd degree ultra sound. The first hospital they called for an appointment couldn't set an appointment until the end of February. My doctor informed me that was too far away, because if the test came back positive for these deseases I needed time to terminate my pregnancy. :(

I let the doctor know in uncertain terms that that is not even a concideration no matter what the test results were!!!!!

How could parents, who are having a baby, take care of the mother and baby, seek health care, and go thru that far in a pregnancy, then say "kill my baby because something MAY be wrong"

How disgusting, disturbed, and selfish is that!!!!

how disgusting,distured,andselfish that is ,,,, you are so right stacey ,,, my wife had our last child at 38 and refused the test ,,, we let the cards fall as they may and olivia is a blessing and would be one no matter what ,,, i hear ya ,,, arrow from god

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

stacey c, may the Lord bless you and your unborn child. I pray the Lord will be glorified by this blessed event. Praise to you for your strength and faith. You are a powerful example...God bless you.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/15/1959

stacey the doctors tried the same thing with me when I was 37 and expecting my second child! I refused testing because after 12 yrs I was supriseingly pregnant!!!! But I refused the test and Praise God daughter was healthy.

Love cecc

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Due to my advanced age :laugh: I have to have certain test done to ensure the health of my child.

Yesterday the doctor's office called me to scheduel a 2nd degree ultra sound. The first hospital they called for an appointment couldn't set an appointment until the end of February. My doctor informed me that was too far away, because if the test came back positive for these deseases I needed time to terminate my pregnancy. :laugh:

I let the doctor know in uncertain terms that that is not even a concideration no matter what the test results were!!!!!

How could parents, who are having a baby, take care of the mother and baby, seek health care, and go thru that far in a pregnancy, then say "kill my baby because something MAY be wrong"

I have friends, that have been told their baby was misformed because of certain results of certain test.....

they ignored..... rebuked the doctor when the doctor said they should terminate the pregnancy..... and well, God took care of the situation..... and the babies were just fine.....

personaly, should some one not want their child, let us know and we will take care of the child.....

a prayer we pray, Lord, send us the ones no one else wants.......

if you are uncomfortable with this doctor, i believe it is time to find one that holds human life sacred.......

blessings....

mike

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Due to my advanced age :laugh: I have to have certain test done to ensure the health of my child.

Yesterday the doctor's office called me to scheduel a 2nd degree ultra sound. The first hospital they called for an appointment couldn't set an appointment until the end of February. My doctor informed me that was too far away, because if the test came back positive for these deseases I needed time to terminate my pregnancy. :laugh:

Just keep trusting the Lord, this little life HE has entrusted you with is for a reason and may God bless

The word "No" leaves no room for negotiation. I suggest you say it in such a way that the doctor and his staff are left with no doubt as to where you stand.

believe me Rufus, they know exactly where I stand. And I shall not be moved!!!!

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. :emot-hug:

What an awesome God we serve. :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Stacey,

Congrats on #8. My husband had 8 kids in his family which included two sets of twins (all boys) eighteen months apart. There was only one girl.

I had my last child when I was 38, and I had a perfectly healthy boy.

I feel that our heavenly Dad is sifting the chaff from the wheat maybe even more so than He's done in the past. His first priority is finding out whether we're going to trust Him or our selves. He wants a people that is sold out--lock, stock and barrel--to Him! There's absolutely nothing like standing firm and seeing Him move on your behalf. Oh, my WHAT JOY awaits those who are completely HIS.

I'll be praying!

Hugs,

Darlene (riel)

Edited by riel

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

They offer the same tests to those of us who are younger too (woo hoo I have 4 yrs till being called advanced maternal age). I always refuse them. They are frequently wrong, and no matter how my child turns out they are still my child and I will love them regardless. Weather they live a lifetime, or if that lifetime is one minute I will love them anyway, and want only what God wants for them. Stand your ground hun!