• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1957

The latest book I've read that spoke to my heart about a lot of things is called Created to be his Help Meet by Debi Pearl. Very challenging!!!

Have any of you read a book lately that has been very thought provoking in a helpful way?

Yes, I know you've been reading your Bibles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

What is it that you are looking for dear sister?

A friend in Him.

Lou F.

I'm not looking for anything special. Just wanted to see if there were any books you all have read and found really good.

The Shack was awesome!!! Really some eye opening stuff in there, wasnt there!. It had answers to all kinds of questions non believers(and believers) have brought up so many times!!

I recently discovered Ted Dekker books..VERY UPLIFTING books!! One of my favorites is "Blessed" the first ov two....About a little boy...with faith.....Wonderful book!!...Black, Red, And White were cool too...alot of jumping back and forth in 2 dimensions sort of, but very good!

your friend,

john

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

The latest book I've read that spoke to my heart about a lot of things is called Created to be his Help Meet by Debi Pearl. Very challenging!!!

Have any of you read a book lately that has been very thought provoking in a helpful way?

Yes, I know you've been reading your Bibles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :32:

What is it that you are looking for dear sister?

A friend in Him.

Lou F.

I'm not looking for anything special. Just wanted to see if there were any books you all have read and found really good.

The Shack was awesome!!! Really some eye opening stuff in there, wasnt there!. It had answers to all kinds of questions non believers(and believers) have brought up so many times!!

I recently discovered Ted Dekker books..VERY UPLIFTING books!! One of my favorites is "Blessed" the first ov two....About a little boy...with faith.....Wonderful book!!...Black, Red, And White were cool too...alot of jumping back and forth in 2 dimensions sort of, but very good!

your friend,

john

Ok I need to ask an admin for help with this, partail quotes do not work for me :ph34r:

But I wanted to say Annette you are so welcome; you can buy them online too, Amazon for one. Or check out her website .. google mitford series..

you'll love them .

annette..and johnnybigfish, I only partially read The Shack and gave it to my husband to read (in disgust, lol)

then I mailed it to a friend of mine that lives in a remote community up north.

Later on I saw the author on a christian tv program and once I understood his reasoning behind the book, then I felt convicted for judging him :24: and thought I should give it another go.. it's still sitting on my nightstand awaiting a tackle :emot-hug:

my biggest issue with it was the way he portrays the Holy Spirit, I was not sure if it bordered on blasphemy or not :taped: but I did think it was cool that God likes coffee :) haha. I know that this is just a work of fiction but it has become very controversial in christian circles.

but I see also that it really helps people and that is a good thing!

ok i know im a charismatic catholic and i just wanna suggest this book cuz anyone can get something out of it

it is by my spiritual mother

"answers not promises"

by mother angelica

lv yr sis in christ

manie

oooooo manie I have seen her on tv.. she is one wise lady !

have you read Linda Schubert's "Miracle Hour" is a good minibook, jammed with powerful insights and prayers.

also Rev. Robert DeGrandis,S.S.J. is a mighty man of God!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Well.. I'm currently reading "Multiple Bles8ings" its about that family that had 8 babies Jon and Kate. They have a TV show on Discovery called "Jon & Kate plus 8"... its about their life and how they met and the birth of their twins and then the sextuplets that came afterward. They are a Christian family and I wanted to see how they went through those tough times when they realized how many children they had to take care of!!! Very Interesting stuff! (God Will Provide)

Here are some of my favorite Christian books though...

1. The Bait of Satan (highly recommended)

2. Journey of the Wild Heart (Not to be confused with Wild at Heart)

3. The Richest Man Who Ever Lived: King Solomon's secrets to Happiness, Wealth and Success

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Have you ever heard of Jan Karon.. she rocks my world with her fictitous tale of an Episcopalian priest in The Mitford Series. They are worth the expense. I have the entire collection almost. These are so entirely homespun without the harlequin romance garbage thrown in..

I love the Mitford series. Its quite a pleasant read. I went out and got the entire series.

http://www.mitfordbooks.com/

You can read the first chapters of her books on that site too.

Have you ever heard of Jan Karon.. she rocks my world with her fictitous tale of an Episcopalian priest in The Mitford Series. They are worth the expense. I have the entire collection almost. These are so entirely homespun without the harlequin romance garbage thrown in..

I love the Mitford series. Its quite a pleasant read. I went out and got the entire series.

http://www.mitfordbooks.com/

You can read the first chapters of her books on that site too.

TYSM AyinJade,

I bookmarked that site again. I am currently on book#2, "A Light In The Window" from that series; it's my 3rd time through...

They are so delightful!!! I bought the first book in the Father Tim series as soon as it came out in paperback that's kind of why I decided to rerun the whole gamut from the beginning...

God Bless!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/09/1990

The Love Dare.

Great book, if you're in a relationship. It takes scripture and 'dares' you to apply it with your significant other.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

The Love Dare.

Great book, if you're in a relationship. It takes scripture and 'dares' you to apply it with your significant other.

Is it good really? I'm debating if I should get it..

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  159
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/26/1988

I read "Fifth Mountain" by Paul Coelho. It is spiritual fiction. The best part is you can get it free on the net. And since it is short, you can read it in les than an hour. But you will think about it for a lot of days. Everyone of us will relate to it.

Don't miss it.

Read it and tell me your comments.