• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Aw, Neb...come on, you know I was joshin you...heck feel free to poke a little fun at me anytime ya want if it will make a clean laugh for someone.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

:glare: I hate anchovies.

I didn't eat anything within 5 hours of going to bed. :24:

And if you think dreams don't have meaning, how do you explain Joseph, Gideon, Daniel, Joseph, and the Magi's experiences? :whistling:

I think the 'anchovie' reference was inevitable; unfortunate, but inevitable. Kidding aside, I do believe that dreams have meaning. Have you checked out any of the dream sites that have interpretations of common dream symbolism?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

:glare: I hate anchovies.

I didn't eat anything within 5 hours of going to bed. :rolleyes:

And if you think dreams don't have meaning, how do you explain Joseph, Gideon, Daniel, Joseph, and the Magi's experiences? :emot-hug:

Didn't these individuals know what their dreams meant on their own and pretty quickly?

Grace to you,

Joseph told the Dreams to his brothers and father who seemed to determine what they meant, but Joseph in his youthful exuberance seemed to not get their full meaning. Much later in his life he saw the fulfillment.

Danel had to pray and seek after the meanings. Often they were not his own dreams he was interpretting. :24:

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Aw, Neb...come on, you know I was joshin you...heck feel free to poke a little fun at me anytime ya want if it will make a clean laugh for someone.

Sorry, but I didn't. Every time someone posts a dream that seemed to have significance to them, someone has to demean them with the food reference. I had no way of knowing that you weren't deriding me. So thanks for the apology.

The reason I feel this dream is significant is because it showed the Lord's protection. Yet it holds some puzzles for me. Was it a personal encouragement or a corporate message? With the way things are going these days, those storms could be the kinds that are affecting more than just me and my family.

I have heard that compass directions can hold meaning within dreams. Yes, storms usually travel from the west anyway, but if I have my bearings straight, I am sure the storm came from due west. That is incredibly rare to occur in reality (due to the Appalachian Mts., storms tend to get pushed northwardly or southwardly and thus come our way from the southwest or northwest). So does the initial storm coming from due west mean anything?

Needing to clear my vision . . . well, I think that one is self-explanatory.

Things like that.

I think the 'anchovie' reference was inevitable; unfortunate, but inevitable. Kidding aside, I do believe that dreams have meaning. Have you checked out any of the dream sites that have interpretations of common dream symbolism?

Thanks MG!

I don't know of any that I can trust to have a Scriptural perspective on dreams.

And if you think dreams don't have meaning, how do you explain Joseph, Gideon, Daniel, Joseph, and the Magi's experiences? :emot-hug:

Didn't these individuals know what their dreams meant on their own and pretty quickly?

Joseph interpreted dreams of others for them.

Gideon overheard one man telling of his dream and then a companion telling the man its interpretation.

Daniel interpreted the dreams of others as well as his own.

Are we to assume then that your dreams have the same significance as those of Joseph,Gideon, Daniel and the magi? If yes, then how do you know that?

I think you are making way too much out of a common nighttime experience. Seeking spiritual enlightenment through dream interpretation is a form of divination, which is forbidden. Be careful you don't cross the line, if you haven't already.

Why do you believe the Lord does not speak to us?

Why do you believe the Lord speaking through dreams is reserved for some elite group?

When was the last time you asked the Lord to speak to you, and you actually took the time to wait and listen for an answer?

I don't have to prove myself to you, Rufus, nor convince you of what is on and in my heart.

You have no basis for your accusation against me.

If you don't want to believe the Lord was telling me something, then fine. Don't believe.

But you are under burden of proof to explain why the Lord created us to have dreams in the first place.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I don't have to prove myself to you, Rufus, nor convince you of what is on and in my heart.

If you don't want to believe the Lord was telling me something, then fine. Don't believe.

But you are under burden of proof to explain why the Lord created us to have dreams in the first place.

I haven't accused you of anything. However, your feelings nor your declarations constitute proof. Where is your independent evidence?

The burden of proof is on you, not me. I'm not the one claiming divine revelation. It is a nice diversionary tactic, though; I suppose the next step is the argumentum ad misericordium or the "poor me, I'm so persecuted" defense. If you want to claim divine revelation from God through dreams, you best be prepared to back it up. I call.

Grace to you,

I would ask you, Rufus, to take this challenge to another Thread and into the forum in which it belongs. You are derailing the OP and it is the priveledge of her thread to keep it on topic. :thumbsup:

Peace,

Dave

Exactly. I simply asked for an analysis.

I never intended to prove anything, nor am I interested in being forced into proof of or against anything.

If your analysis is that there is nothing to analyze - fine. You've made your point. No need to drag it out.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I haven't accused you of anything. However, your feelings nor your declarations constitute proof. Where is your independent evidence?

The burden of proof is on you, not me. I'm not the one claiming divine revelation. It is a nice diversionary tactic, though; I suppose the next step is the argumentum ad misericordium or the "poor me, I'm so persecuted" defense. If you want to claim divine revelation from God through dreams, you best be prepared to back it up. I call.

Why be such a browbeater, R of C? A little lightening up on your part wouldn't hurt. Sheesh! :cool:

If you want to claim divine revelation from God through dreams, you best be prepared to back it up. I call.

Bless You Rufus

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:

So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;

Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;

Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;

Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.

Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12