• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I remmeber dreaming about transportation around DC. Let's see how to describe what I can remember about that. I remember my dad and my brother in the dream. For some reason we needed to travel south - which from where I live means we need to get through or around DC. But we needed to take public transportation (the implication was that this was a mix between a requirement and a choice, because mass transit is better for the environment and all that - for the record, in real life my dad and my bro could care less about that!). What I remember is that we found it quicker to park the car north of DC, take a bus around the DC beltway to the other side, then pick up the sub/train to continue south; this was rather than taking the sub through DC. (For some reason I remember though that we were to take the subway south of DC...but in reality the subway doesn't extend very far outside of DC, so I'm figuring there was a point to the dream portraying that?)

Anyway, in this part of the dream, I recall having done the trip, and we were doing it again, and we were also explaining to others how taking the bus around DC was faster than taking the sub through DC.

At some point, the scene changes and we are in our house, and I see the darkest storm cloud (front) I've ever seen was approaching (from the west). I was seeing this out the window of my work room, which faces the back yard. As the cloud was passing over and the winds were blowing, my cat started freaking and hid in a cubby-hole. Then I heard a whistling. I have heard people describing tornados as being accompanied with a whistle-noise. So I mentioned this and began looking for the tornado. As I looked out the back window I saw trees being uprooted - first in the neighbor's yard (on the west side) and then form the wooded section of and behind our back yard. I prayed for the Lord's protection over the house. A tree feel that scraped the house outside the window but didn't break anything. Then I saw the tornado. I ran to my bedroom (which faces the front yard) to open the window - I have heard that having a window open on the other side of the house from the tornado helps equalize the pressure so the house won't collapse. When I got to my room, the window I wanted to open was dripping hard with rain. Opening the window would result in a lot of rain pouring into my bedroom and onto my bed, which was by the window. I opened the window only a little, hoping that would suffice. I return to my work room to see what's going on with the tornado. I'm also concerned about my cat. I see her, she's OK! Not long later, the skies rapidly clear. It is sunny and pretty outside. Feeling relieved, I go to the kitchen/living room/dining room area, which is at the east side of the house. The skies look dark again - not dark clouds moving away, but stormy clouds above the east side (why couldn't I see these clouds from the other window?). There is also something about someone walking around outside, but I don't remember what he was doing, or if we invited him to come inside due to this second storm-wave or something else????). I go to the basement, and I see that the tree that had fallen and scraped the house had broken the window at the basement level, and there was water coming in. Someone (I can't recall if it was my brother or someone else) was cleaning up the water. I go back upstairs and look for my cat. She's still OK. It's raining again. for some reason I go to my bedroom, and I am looking out the windows (my bedroom forms a corner of the house) to see if there are any more tornados. I think I see one moving down the street, but when I moved closer to the window to see, I can't see it. Then I see movement again, then I can't see it. I wonder if my eyes are playing tricks on me. . . . like my contacts need to be readjusted or lubricated or something kind of problem? I'm trying to fix my focus. Then I see a tornado in the front yard! I recalled a woman in my prayer group telling how she commanded a thunderstorm away so that it wouldn't interrupt her quiet time (she was vacationing on an island and was outside having her devotions), and the storm changed direction. So I did the same, I commanded the tornado away . . . but then realized the direction I pointed sent it directly to my neighbor's house (on the east side). I changed the command to, "Go away - either go down the road or through the woods - but don't harm any houses."

I looked to see where the tornado was and was going, but I woke up.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

I am not really sure but because you were travelling around DC and the storms could be that you feel or have been shown that stormy days, economically along with the rest of what is going on in the world is causing everything to become uprooted and chaos is all around. I wonder about the whistling, trumpets maybe? The rain could refer to delusions or some sort of hiding something. Could this be the coming of America's complete down turn in the world. Like I said I really don't know for sure. :)

I took the whistling to mean the "warning signal" that there was a tornado coming.

I also saw that despite a little water getting into the house - one broken window to the basement, and my need to open the window in my room - the Lord had protected us from damage.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Too many anchovies????

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Too many anchovies????

I was going to say pretty much the same thing but I didn't want to rain on Nebula's dream. Oh, what the hey; it's too late! :hmmm:

:rolleyes: I hate anchovies.

I didn't eat anything within 5 hours of going to bed. :whistling:

And if you think dreams don't have meaning, how do you explain Joseph, Gideon, Daniel, Joseph, and the Magi's experiences? :hmmm:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Look at what's going on in D.C. and then look to see that every one had to go through or around D.C.

Smart folks were going around D.C. ( I know Neb's family personally. Her Father is salt of the earth and his son takes after him. :hmmm: )

It looks like there's a real series of storms coming too and from all directions.

Don't let your house get broken into or damp with the wrong kind of dew and pray that the Lord upholds and protects you.

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

P.S.

1Jo

Thanks, Dave! :hmmm:

Oh, and thanks, too mizzdy (sorry forgot to say it :rolleyes: ) :whistling:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

For several years now I have had repeated dream about tornados. It is always me trying to warn people but not being able to warn them fast enough