Orr v'emet

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know if this should go here or in the Fellowship part but here it goes none the less. Everyone always talks about the more controversial gifts like prophecy or speaking in tongues but what about the others...teaching, mercy, encouragement etc. What gifts do you feel God has blessed you with? Do you feel it drives what you do as far as a career is concerned? Do you feel that it is the one thing in your life that you get the least of from others (i.e. mercy...do you give it but feel it is nonexistant in your life etc...)

BTW, I will share later...I need to go do some work.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  557
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

Well in talking about the fruits of The Spirit, everyone is commanded to have all of them, and if they do not then they need to receive God's grace to have them. Even the fruits are gifts of The Spirit, why because we can not get any things from God, except if He gives them to us as gifts, thus all are gifts, but we refer to the fruits, as everyone must have all of them, then if people will have the gifts of The Holy Spirit, this is good, for everyone including themselves, and to Love God, and The Christ, and to bring people to the MeSHiaCH, so they may have a relationship with Him, thus, if someone has one of those gifts which are fruits, they should use them, but they also should develop more of them, we must have all the fruits, all are love, and yet have been separated for us to understand them more. We also should receive, and seek all the gifts of The Holy Spirit so we can love God better, and our Master Messiah, and everyone else, and ourselves, by having fellowship with The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/01/2003

A group of us going on a mission trip together took a test and did a study to learn what our gifts are. The test was based on Romans 12 and had these seven gifts:

Teaching

Leadership

Prophecy

Exhortation

Serving

Giving

Mercy

(...as a side note, there were 7 of us on the team and all seven gifts were represented. That was totally a God thing!)

At that time, I tested highest in Mercy and Serving. I have since retaken the test and am now highest in Leadership and Serving.

What I loved about the study was that it listed characteristics of each gift, so that even after you went through the test, you could be sure the gift applied to you. (And one of the people on our team tied with Teaching and Leadership and after reading the characterisics, knew he was more of a leader than teacher.) Along with those characteristics were misuses of your gift - which were very helpful. An example of misuse is someone with the gift of serving often feels resentful if they do not get thanked for their service.

The really great thing about learning the misuses was that I learned where my weak areas were to work on. And also, whenever someone on the team did something that upset me or others and it was something we learned about in the study we could remind ourselves that it was their gift and something they simply needed to work on. (And may not even intentionally be doing it.)

The seven of us really grew as individuals and as a team so much that summer. It was very valuable, and I still refer to it today.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

A group of us going on a mission trip together took a test and did a study to learn what our gifts are. The test was based on Romans 12 and had these seven gifts:

Teaching

Leadership

Prophecy

Exhortation

Serving

Giving

Mercy

(...as a side note, there were 7 of us on the team and all seven gifts were represented. That was totally a God thing!)

At that time, I tested highest in Mercy and Serving. I have since retaken the test and am now highest in Leadership and Serving.

What I loved about the study was that it listed characteristics of each gift, so that even after you went through the test, you could be sure the gift applied to you. (And one of the people on our team tied with Teaching and Leadership and after reading the characterisics, knew he was more of a leader than teacher.) Along with those characteristics were misuses of your gift - which were very helpful. An example of misuse is someone with the gift of serving often feels resentful if they do not get thanked for their service.

The really great thing about learning the misuses was that I learned where my weak areas were to work on. And also, whenever someone on the team did something that upset me or others and it was something we learned about in the study we could remind ourselves that it was their gift and something they simply needed to work on. (And may not even intentionally be doing it.)

The seven of us really grew as individuals and as a team so much that summer. It was very valuable, and I still refer to it today.

Great post, I would love to get my hands on a copy of that test :t2:

God Bless,

Dave

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Teaching

Leadership

Prophecy

Exhortation

Serving

Giving

Mercy

This is what I was referring to. I know about the whole fruits of the spirit thing.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  614
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Teaching

Leadership

Prophecy

Exhortation

Serving

Giving

Mercy

Great post, I would love to get my hands on a copy of that test :t2:

God Bless,

Dave

me too..

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

I honestly have no idea- I've never thought about it :t2: Something to think about though...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/22/1983

i think mine is the gift of mercy. i did one of those spiritual gift tests before, too, but i don't remember exactly what i got on it. then i did a study kind of like what rocks did, and figured out that i was mercy. the list of abuses was very helpful! i think the study i did was from a bill gothard's basic life principles (it belonged to my roommate, so i don't have it with me).

edit: i just found it online... Spiritual Gifts Inventory

Edited by pamjane

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

Thanks for the website pamjane! :rofl: I'm going to look into it!

Guest gover

...there are also 4 or 5 more prominent or (brought to attention by those profeesing) including the the 7, then others that are many,

perhaps some person can type them here quicker than me...

Edited by gover