mizzdy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Everytime I read through Proverbs, chpt 8:22 keeps playing in my mind.

The Lord possessed (heb. created) me at the beginning of His way, Before His works of old. 22. I have been established from everlasting, From the beginning, before there was ever an earth.

What I read is that God created wisdom which I believe always refers to Christ. It seems the God created the Word. Following through to the verses listed I come to Job 28: 26-28 it is talking about the wisdom of the Lord, the fear of the Lord is wisdom, He prepared it and made a law for things such as rain. Ps. 104: 24 says

O Lord, how manifold are Your works! In wisdom You have made them all.

Proverbs 3:19-20 reads

The Lord by wisdom founded the earth: By understanding He established the heavens; By His knowledge the depths were broken down.

Then the verse in Proverbs is linked with John 1:1 leading me to think Pro. is about Christ or the Word, wisdom is always linked with Christ. I understand Christ was the begotten Son of God but Pro. also seems to be saying the Word was also created by God as an extension of Himself. Any ideas or opinions about this?

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

I was looking at it and reading some ideas the thing I come to understand it we need to get wisdom..which was , as proverbs tells us, since the beginning..

But Gods wisdom is different than mans..

I do not always think of God when I think of wisdom..there are different kinds ..

I was reading in !Corinthians 2 that His wisdom was hidden ..

1Co 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, which God has hidden, predetermining it before the world for our glory;

1Co 2:8 which none of the rulers of this world knew (for if they had known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory).

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard," nor has it entered into the heart of man, "the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

1Co 2:10 But God has revealed them to us by His Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Wisdom... very good subject ...

God has it ...we need it... :thumbsup:

.....seems to be saying the Word was also created by God as an extension of Himself...

It's Easier For Me To Just Read The Holy Bible And Believe

Where I Find THE WORD Was God

And All Things Were Made

By THE WORD

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:1-3

Even The First Testament Tells Me Jesus Is LORD

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Isaiah 54:5

As Does The Last Testament

for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written,

As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Romans 14:10(B)-12

Trust The Words Of Christ

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Jeremiah 15:16

And Live

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

John 15:3-4

Or Not

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ?

He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father:

(but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning.

If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

These things have I written unto you concerning them

that seduce you.

1 John 2:22-26

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/26/1969

The Lord possessed (heb. created) me at the beginning of His way, Before His works of old. 22. I have been established from everlasting, From the beginning, before there was ever an earth.

What I read is that God created wisdom which I believe always refers to Christ. It seems the God created the Word. Following through to the verses listed I come to Job 28: 26-28 it is talking about the wisdom of the Lord, the fear of the Lord is wisdom, He prepared it and made a law for things such as rain. Ps. 104: 24 says

The Lord by wisdom founded the earth: By understanding He established the heavens; By His knowledge the depths were broken down.

Then the verse in Proverbs is linked with John 1:1 leading me to think Pro. is about Christ or the Word, wisdom is always linked with Christ. I understand Christ was the begotten Son of God but Pro. also seems to be saying the Word was also created by God as an extension of Himself. Any ideas or opinions about this?

this is a very good viewpoint, and i had almost written it off until i read "but Pro. also seems to be saying the Word was also created by God as an extension of Himself." essentially i was thinking it was going to lead into a "Jesus was a creation too" kind of thing.

however, this word in the Hebrew more accurately defines "possessed" or "acquired", but Kanah, when referring to the creating of a thing, it is not the making of a thing as much as it is the establishment of a thing. like creating a star out of a nobody. the person exists already, but they have received a different, more lofty station. for context the next verse (23) says: "from everlasting I was established (even: annointed 5258) from the Head, from the antiquities of the earth." this is also used in Psalm 2 where the Lord states "...I have established (or: anointed) My King on My holy mountain fo Tziyon".

John

Wisdom... very good subject ...

God has it ...we need it...

That is so very true!

this is a very good viewpoint, and i had almost written it off until i read "but Pro. also seems to be saying the Word was also created by God as an extension of Himself." essentially i was thinking it was going to lead into a "Jesus was a creation too" kind of thing.

however, this word in the Hebrew more accurately defines "possessed" or "acquired", but Kanah, when referring to the creating of a thing, it is not the making of a thing as much as it is the establishment of a thing. like creating a star out of a nobody. the person exists already, but they have received a different, more lofty station. for context the next verse (23) says: "from everlasting I was established (even: annointed 5258) from the Head, from the antiquities of the earth." this is also used in Psalm 2 where the Lord states "...I have established (or: anointed) My King on My holy mountain fo Tziyon".

John

I really wasn't trying to get at Christ is a created being message, not at all. I was just trying to put it all into perspective. I went searching around the net and found a few things that seemed to spell it all out for me. Heres a few sentences I wrote down; 'The meaning is that God "had" wisdom and established it as foundational to the created order before He actually made anything in our physical universe.', 'Proverbs 8:22 can in some way apply to Christ. Proverbs 8:22 is part of a biblical description of wisdom, and Christ can in some sense be called wisdom, so some sort of correlation or application is plausible.'

I understand that possessed and created can be used for the phrasing in that verse what I think I finally get is that if I use the word created can be without a time line into the wording. That the wisdom even though it can be attributted to Christ is more or less an expression of God's charactor which really is what Christ is anyhow. Thanks.

Mizzdy

How do you make the "Wisdom=Christ" connection?

Well lets see Christ is refered to wisdom many times throughout the NT. Also simply that my commentary linked John 1:1 to Proverbs 8:22 so the Word was with God and all that somehow seemed to say that this wisdom was Christ.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

The Hebrew word Qanah that some have translated as create is not normally translated with that meaning. It has a normal nuance of get, aquire, possess etc

• 8 months later...

• Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

Good question, I was wondering the same thing mizzdy. I will read the reponses here to get a better understanding.