Bryanfromiowa

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I recently hear some christians bashing, condeming whatever term you like some mainstream secualr books. namely Harry Potter and the Twilight series.

Now I haven't read the twilight series but I've heard other christians (my own daughter included) defend the book as being primarily about self control. My first question is then why should we as christians condem the book just because it contains a nonbiblical fairytail creature of darkness.

Second the Harry Potter series which i know is even more controversial due to the witchcraft. But its a book about good vs evil, its about love and friendship, on a deeper level there it deals with the duality of man the evil inside us. There are even some judeau (sp) christiqan symbology in the series. Couple that with the fact that its not a satanic view of witchcraft or even a wiccan/ nature worship view of witchcraft, Its more like the wizard of ozz than either of those. I ask why should i condem this book.

For those of you who will say that the forces of darkness use these things to forge a foothold in our mind and that is reason enough to ignore any good content. I say fine you may be right, but if thats your answer. Let me ask you about music do you listen to david Crowder, Licoln Brewster, Michael w smith, Stephen Curtis chapman. If so i can itroduce you to some people who will swear that you are under demonic influence because that music has electric guitar ,drums and sounds like rock and roll.

I guess my point to all this is where do you draw the line. how do you know something is eveil and not simply something you personally find distasteful.

Blessings

I recently hear some christians bashing, condeming whatever term you like some mainstream secualr books. namely Harry Potter and the Twilight series.

Now I haven't read the twilight series but I've heard other christians (my own daughter included) defend the book as being primarily about self control. My first question is then why should we as christians condem the book just because it contains a nonbiblical fairytail creature of darkness.

Second the Harry Potter series which i know is even more controversial due to the witchcraft. But its a book about good vs evil, its about love and friendship, on a deeper level there it deals with the duality of man the evil inside us. There are even some judeau (sp) christiqan symbology in the series. Couple that with the fact that its not a satanic view of witchcraft or even a wiccan/ nature worship view of witchcraft, Its more like the wizard of ozz than either of those. I ask why should i condem this book.

For those of you who will say that the forces of darkness use these things to forge a foothold in our mind and that is reason enough to ignore any good content. I say fine you may be right, but if thats your answer. Let me ask you about music do you listen to david Crowder, Licoln Brewster, Michael w smith, Stephen Curtis chapman. If so i can itroduce you to some people who will swear that you are under demonic influence because that music has electric guitar ,drums and sounds like rock and roll.

I guess my point to all this is where do you draw the line. how do you know something is eveil and not simply something you personally find distasteful.

Blessings

God is very clear in his word about having nothing to do with sorcery and magic. That is how satan and other people say Oh, its good verse evil. The devil trys to mix it up so you will be confused and watch it. That is how he gets out children to watch fairytales. I don't care if it is make believe or not, if it has magic then you are disobeying god and opening the door to the enemy and then he has every legal right to attack you. I will give you scriptures so you can read the word.

Hosea 4:6- My people perish for lack of knowledge

Acts 19:19- Burn magic items

Ezekiel 13:18- God not please with charms

Acts 8:9-13- Simon becomes converted from sorcerer

I Samuel 28:7-25- Saul consults with the dead spirits (necromancer-witchcraft)

Leviticus 20:6 & 20:27- Psychics-Mediums

Deuteronomy 18:10-12- Abomination to the Lord

Leviticus 19:31

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Proverbs 1

24 But since you rejected me when I called

and no one gave heed when I stretched out my hand,

25 since you ignored all my advice

and would not accept my rebuke,

26 I in turn will laugh at your disaster;

I will mock when calamity overtakes you-

27 when calamity overtakes you like a storm,

when disaster sweeps over you like a whirlwind,

when distress and trouble overwhelm you.

28 "Then they will call to me but I will not answer;

they will look for me but will not find me.

29 Since they hated knowledge

and did not choose to fear the LORD,

30 since they would not accept my advice

and spurned my rebuke,

31 they will eat the fruit of their ways

and be filled with the fruit of their schemes.

32 For the waywardness of the simple will kill them,

and the complacency of fools will destroy them;

33 but whoever listens to me will live in safety

and be at ease, without fear of harm."

Laugh a little...cry a little... Take movies for what they are...entertainment. God says he laughs at his creation's calamity, when they didn't heed to his warnings and wisdom. I enjoy watching Access Hollywood. We call it Access Hollyweird. Look at all the calamity in these people's (the world calls them stars...I call them glorified sinners) lives...it's funny and sometimes very, very tragic....but you can't say God isn't merciful and just....We use the same principle for movies..y not laugh at their calamity..whether witchcraft or the occult..only fools get involved with darkness and they will reap what they sow...laugh a little..cry a little

I think back on all the calamity in my life when I insisted on doing it MY WAY...God had a great laugh...I'm just glad he gave me and anybody that wants it a do over...a rebirth...the straight and narrow is so much more enjoyable...and such a peace of mind...I guess it is to boring for the hollyweird type...but they and their movies do keep me entertained...but I will never put what they do in their lives to practice... or glorify in their lives or in their movies to practice...I just get a laugh at their calamity...its funny....if there is a real Harry Potter (Harry Pitter is what I call him) ..he will enjoy his pit in hell for eternity..so what?..it is his choice...no excuses for anybody when Almighty God came to earth and showed you the way to eternal life...but only a few take it seriously..the rest are in for a whole lot of calamity...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

IMO christians spend way too much time looking for the devil in everything. Yes his influence is in the world and in things of the world, but we are giving him exactly what he wants...ATTENTION.

God is the one who gives people their talents and imaginations to create art....i.e. books, stories, music, theatre...ect....

I have no problem reading or watching all kinds of books or movies, if something disturbs me I don't see it or read it, I know the difference between fantasy and real life. If some one has a difficulty discerning between the two stay away from it.