• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  159
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/26/1988

hi friends,

I have a best friend who is a boy. We are every close and get along very well. We enjoy even just spending time with each other. Unfortunately we blew it by getting a crush on each other. We have submitted our relationship unto God and prayed for His guidance. He still has his crush on me. He is not married and has no other relationships. So, I guess there nothing technically wrong with his crush. We might even end up being the ones for each other. Do you think we can go back to being friends? Can we be best friends again?

Blessings.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Hi GerdaHannah,

You don't say how old you are or he is. I will assume that you are young and not ready for marraige yet. You have done the right thing by submitting this to God. Keep praying. When the day comes for you to be married, I hope that whoever God has in mind for you to marry, that you will be friends first. I think it might be difficult to go back to being just friends, but it can happen. I know of people who are able to be friends even after a divorce, so being friends after a crush just might work. Keep praying about it.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Guest Boxlock
hi friends,

I have a best friend who is a boy. We are every close and get along very well. We enjoy even just spending time with each other. Unfortunately we blew it by getting a crush on each other. We have submitted our relationship unto God and prayed for His guidance. He still has his crush on me. He is not married and has no other relationships. So, I guess there nothing technically wrong with his crush. We might even end up being the ones for each other. Do you think we can go back to being friends? Can we be best friends again?

Blessings.

The intimate relationship between a man and a woman, doesn't preclude friendship, it builds upon it. You have to be friends first and foremost for it to work. Feeling physical attraction to someone isn't a sin, it's a temptation. You can react to the temptation by sinning, or you can turn it into an increadible blessing from God in a number of different ways. My suggestion is to ask yourself what you want out of life, then ask God what he want's for your life, ask your friend to do the same, and then discuss your answers and pray together. If you decide your paths lie together, then use your attraction as motivation to build the solid relationship you seek. If you or God have other plans for you, then use it as a tool to learn the restraint and self discipline you will need later in life.

I work closely with a lot of women, many are younger and physically more attractive than my wife, and I'm sometimes tempted, but It's taught me to look beyond the immediate temptation, consider various posabilities, and the potential consequences both for myself and for others. This sometimes opens opportunities for me to see ways to make my life and relationship with my wife better, and sometimes helps me guide others to make their lives and relationships better. Temptation can be an invitation to sin, but it can also be an opportunity to overcome and recieve blessings you or they never could have realized otherwise. A few years ago, I had a divorced co-worker with children, who tempted me. Our attraction was mutual and we knew it, but I prayed about it, first considering the consequences not only for my marriage, but for her, her children, the potential for where our relationship might lead. This first enabled me to see the harm that could be done, then to see ways I could help her make a better life for herself and her children, and eventually for me to realize ways to make my relationship with my wife stronger. She's now back together and has re-married her first husband and the father of her children, and their relationship is stronger and much better than it was before. I learned that I was taking certain things for granted in my relationship with my wife, and have learned to ways to boost her self esteem, wich in turns works to boost my own. Blessings all around, because two people overcame the temptation to sin, and turned it into an opportunity to bless eachothers lives.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

hi friends,

Blessings.

The intimate relationship between a man and a woman, doesn't preclude friendship, it builds upon it. You have to be friends first and foremost for it to work. Feeling physical attraction to someone isn't a sin, it's a temptation. You can react to the temptation by sinning, or you can turn it into an increadible blessing from God in a number of different ways. My suggestion is to ask yourself what you want out of life, then ask God what he want's for your life, ask your friend to do the same, and then discuss your answers and pray together. If you decide your paths lie together, then use your attraction as motivation to build the solid relationship you seek. If you or God have other plans for you, then use it as a tool to learn the restraint and self discipline you will need later in life.

I work closely with a lot of women, many are younger and physically more attractive than my wife, and I'm sometimes tempted, but It's taught me to look beyond the immediate temptation, consider various posabilities, and the potential consequences both for myself and for others. This sometimes opens opportunities for me to see ways to make my life and relationship with my wife better, and sometimes helps me guide others to make their lives and relationships better. Temptation can be an invitation to sin, but it can also be an opportunity to overcome and recieve blessings you or they never could have realized otherwise. A few years ago, I had a divorced co-worker with children, who tempted me. Our attraction was mutual and we knew it, but I prayed about it, first considering the consequences not only for my marriage, but for her, her children, the potential for where our relationship might lead. This first enabled me to see the harm that could be done, then to see ways I could help her make a better life for herself and her children, and eventually for me to realize ways to make my relationship with my wife stronger. She's now back together and has re-married her first husband and the father of her children, and their relationship is stronger and much better than it was before. I learned that I was taking certain things for granted in my relationship with my wife, and have learned to ways to boost her self esteem, wich in turns works to boost my own. Blessings all around, because two people overcame the temptation to sin, and turned it into an opportunity to bless eachothers lives.

That's such a great testimony, BoxLock. Your decision to pray about your attraction to a coworker was the right way to go and I'm glad you stayed strong in your marriage and your faith. We all go through these things but usually, if one gives into temptation, many lives are turned upside down. And we can never forget that adultery is a sin.

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Go with God is all I have to say..

• Group:  Advanced Member

hi friends,

Blessings.

hi,

are you trying to say that no matter what, the friendship we are going to have now is going to be the base?

Will I be taking the right decision when I decide to give the friendship my best, and not worry about getting together?Because anyway this friendship is the base for even getting together? Is it a win win situation for me?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Gerda..

I can only say that many years ago I found a blessed friend who was a Christian and was caring and strong. Our friendship grew and blossomed into a loving relationship with Christ at the center. We've been married since 1997 - it has been one of the greatest gifts God has blessed me with. In any relationship you nurture and care about - make sure that Jesus is an integral part. God Bless you.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  376
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/30/1962

hi friends,

Blessings.

lets say you have the crush on him and he wants to be friends

lets just say that for a moment ,,, and lets say you two are out doing somthing like a movie and a burger thing

and while you guys are out having fun a girl you never met comes up and says somthing like ( hi love is this your friend you told me about i got off work early and im going home to shower call me ok??? )

and he gives her a kiss and cuts your fun time off to meet her later that evening

you agreed to be (just friends tho right) but you still have a crush on him

how would you feel ???

how you answer this question

answers your's

just keepin it real ,,, love in christ arrow

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

hi friends,

Blessings.

I can't see that youv'e ruined a thing. Of course you are still friends. Maybe this is God's intention.

hi,

To be very honest, initially I will feel very sad. But probably after thinking about it for around an hour or so, I will feel happy for him, pray for him and even help him out with the other girl.

I told you the crush was over, but I still do love him a lot, and I will definitely miss him when he scoots off with some other girl. But an important aspect of love is letting go, and I will definitely do it, not because it won't bother me if he has a girlfriend. It will make me sad. But I will do it because I want him happy, and if it comes through another girl, I accept it.