• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

About six years ago I went on a diet and losr 90lbs in about 6 months, and even though this is my second pregnancy sice then, I still have not put the weight back on.

For me it was more about what I ate, I already had a very physical job, (chasing 2yr olds around all day) :thumbsup:

But I am a salty junk food junky. So I stopped all salt intake, I quit drinking soda all together (Pepsi was my drug of choice), instead of going to Burger King or Mcdonalds for luch I would bring a salad from home.

Instead of fried foods (which I love), I began to bake my meats, and steamed veggies instead of cooked with loads of butter. Instead of white breads and such, I began to eat whole grains, and pita pockets were great to make sandwhiches with.

It's a healthy balance of food and exercise. And drink lots of water before your meals, it helps fill you up. Also use smaller dinner plates so you think your eating larger portions than you realy are.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I highly recommend learning to discipline yourself to eat less.

I know this isn't easy, as I'm a food addict myself.

But if you will discipline yourself to eat slower and pay attention to when you feel satisfied and stop eating then (rather than eating until you feel stuffed to the gills), you will decrease your caloric intake by default.

Also, if you aren't hungry, don't eat. If someone is passing out snacks, see if you can hold the snacks somewhere until your body tells you it needs food (I know, easier said than done, but still...).

Finally, if you feel you are craving a certain food, chances are your body needs the nutrients that food provides, so it is best to eat according to the craving.

I lost I dropped 4-5 dress sizes simply by learning and applying this principle.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

settingcaptivesfree.com

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

:taped: .... see what honesty gets you ... :sad030:

dowses onelight with the eight glasses of water you are supposed to drink daily :P:24:

:beehive: ... :P

You trying to poison me??? Have you ever drunk the water in Lebanon?? :blink:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1978

:) Edited by keysha

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I take this very seriously, forgive me if i dont laugh at your joke, I dont find things funny when i take them to heart! if you do have advice, i will listen!!

Oh, keysha, don't get all sideways; they're just piling on OneLight because he can't gain weight! Believe me, I take your weight loss concerns seriously and I know they do too...along with millions of other Americans who want to lose weight. While it's a big problem... we are blessed to have so much when so many have so little. :)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1978

I take this very seriously, forgive me if i dont laugh at your joke, I dont find things funny when i take them to heart! if you do have advice, i will listen!!

Oh, keysha, don't get all sideways; they're just piling on OneLight because he can't gain weight! Believe me, I take your weight loss concerns seriously and I know they do too...along with millions of other Americans who want to lose weight. While it's a big problem... we are blessed to have so much when so many have so little. :)

OOh, I see, Iguess that another issue I have to work on; Taking things too seriously! Please forgive me for taking things too personal, I want to say thanks again for all of your support and understanding! I love you all, and i believe that why we're here: to help one another. Thanks morning glory for straightening that out for me OK! Again, I sorry and I love you all!!

(Edited because I misunderstood what keysha was saying.) You'll do okay in your weight loss efforts, keysha, and I'm sure EVERYONE (except OneLight!) can relate to your struggles. Know that I am pulling and praying for you to succeed, sister. :thumbsup:

:help: .... see what honesty gets you ... :thumbsup:

dowses onelight with the eight glasses of water you are supposed to drink daily :P:24:

:emot-hug: ... :P

You trying to poison me??? Have you ever drunk the water in Lebanon?? :laugh:

You scared me for a minute...I was picturing you living in the shadow of Hizbollah! So.....how bad IS the water in New Hampshire? :24: