• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/23/1965

The two passages of I Corinthians 15:51-58; I Thessalonians 4:13-18 our use by people who believe in the Pre-Trib Rapture I don't believe in this theory but am honestly confused. I don't see how the rapture can come in I Corinthians 15, basically because I see death being swallow up in victory (v.54-55), my question is if the pre-trib rapture takes place here how can death be destroy here?

A second of three questions is in I Thessalonians 4:13-18, v. 15 says "...we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep." This seems to be talking about Jesus second coming, how then is this the pre-trib rapture?

A third question I think or maybe it just a statement of my poor study habits. When I first came to Christ I love to read the book of Revelation, but not for the right reason but instead to learn of the end times and the anti-christ not about our saviour Jesus Christ. Does anyone know of a good book for the study of the Book of Revelation where the author keeps his/her eyes on Jesus?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

The two passages of I Corinthians 15:51-58; I Thessalonians 4:13-18 our use by people who believe in the Pre-Trib Rapture I don't believe in this theory but am honestly confused. I don't see how the rapture can come in I Corinthians 15, basically because I see death being swallow up in victory (v.54-55), my question is if the pre-trib rapture takes place here how can death be destroy here?

A second of three questions is in I Thessalonians 4:13-18, v. 15 says "...we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep." This seems to be talking about Jesus second coming, how then is this the pre-trib rapture?

A third question I think or maybe it just a statement of my poor study habits. When I first came to Christ I love to read the book of Revelation, but not for the right reason but instead to learn of the end times and the anti-christ not about our saviour Jesus Christ. Does anyone know of a good book for the study of the Book of Revelation where the author keeps his/her eyes on Jesus?

Revelation Illustrated and Made Plain by Tim Lahaye or Revelation Unveiled by Tim Lahaye

• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

Revelation Illustrated and Made Plain by Tim Lahaye or Revelation Unveiled by Tim Lahaye

Minus the fact that you will not agree with his escatology.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/07/1981

Tim Lahaye is GREAT! I also recommend Escape The Coming Night by Dr. David Jeremiah and Forward by Tim Lahaye.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from General Discussion to Eschatology

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

I recommend neither of the above. They take the past and try to place it into the future. Personally, I like David Chilton's little pamphlet The Great Tribulation and Jay Adam's pamphlet The Time Is At Hand. These authors give concise historically based information on Revelation. The pamphlets are easy enough to read without being boring and do a great job of explaining the information. A Reformed bookstore should have them, even though both are older works.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Jesus emphatically states numerous times that the Resurrection occurs on the Last Day. Not before. The rapture is merely the change of the live saints into glorified bodies at the Resurrection, therefore it ALSO occurs on the Last Day.

If you want to learn about antichrist, read 1st and 2nd John, not Revelation. John never mentions antichrist once in Revelation, but 5 times in his letters.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  324
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/16/1964

Jesus emphatically states numerous times that the Resurrection occurs on the Last Day. Not before. The rapture is merely the change of the live saints into glorified bodies at the Resurrection, therefore it ALSO occurs on the Last Day.

If you want to learn about antichrist, read 1st and 2nd John, not Revelation. John never mentions antichrist once in Revelation, but 5 times in his letters.

Jesus emphatically states numerous times that the Resurrection occurs on the Last Day. Not before. The rapture is merely the change of the live saints into glorified bodies at the Resurrection, therefore it ALSO occurs on the Last Day

It really depends on the usage of the words, the last days...

Peter used it to refer to the Pentecost when the Holy Spirit was poured out 2000 years ago...

Act 2:17 And it shall be in the last days, saith God, I will pour forth of My Spirit upon all flesh: And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, And your young men shall see visions, And your old men shall dream dreams:

Act 2:18 Yea and on My servants and on My handmaidens in those days Will I pour forth of My Spirit; and they shall prophesy.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

A third question I think or maybe it just a statement of my poor study habits. When I first came to Christ I love to read the book of Revelation, but not for the right reason but instead to learn of the end times and the anti-Christ not about our saviour Jesus Christ. Does anyone know of a good book for the study of the Book of Revelation where the author keeps his/her eyes on Jesus?

Watch out for Tim Lahay. He peaches the pre-trib rapture witch is a lie from the pits of hell and any man that will twist scripture and make millions on twisted scripture can not be trusted on any other biblical subject. The pre-tribers focus on 1 Thess 4:13-18 because they have twisted what it is talking about. These verses are talking about the resurrection but do not speak a word about when the resurrection will happen. Before or after the tribulation period. These verses also speak of how those who are asleep in Christ will rise out of the grave. But wait a minute. I thought every body who has died was already in heaven and not still in the grave. Guess those who have already died and went to heaven will be coming back to the grave so Jesus can come and resurrect them out of the grave so they can meet Him in the clouds. Some what of a down grade don't you think? Corruptable becomes uncorrupted so they can return to corruption to become uncorrupted again.

The pre-tribers also focus on these verses because they can't reconcile 2 Thess 2:1-12 to their beliefs. Especially verse 3, nor can they fit Matthew 24:29 into their beliefs. "Immediately after the tribulation of those days" is really quit plain.

I wouldn't recommend reading any of the other authors that have been recommended to you because the are still the opinions of men.

If you want focus on the book of Revelation, let God guild you and keep Jesus in the fore front you need buy some old but good study tools like a Strong's Concordance, a Thayer's or other Greek Lexicon, a good Hebrew Lexicon, maybe Holman or other good bible dictionary and a good Interlinear bible like the J.P. Green's and research almost every single word of the book of Revelation for your self.

You will find that Jesus is glorified through out the book of Revelation, that the book of Revelation is connected to every other book in the bible and your understanding of the word of God will grow more rich.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

If you read 1st Cor 15 closely it is about the resurrection of the dead not the rapture per sa, the rapture is a side note of the real event which is the resurrection of the just. Death is swallowed up in victory because the dead will be raised, however the rapture does occur immediately after the resurrection. The rapture is when the living are change into their immortal bodies after the dead have been resurrected into theirs.

You are right the resurrection of the just as well as the rapture is at the post trib 2nd coming of Christ not before the Tribulation.

The book of Revelation itself is about Jesus.

Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

I agree Ezekiel.