Guest LCPGUY

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  614
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

I have to deal with the idiot California drivers so please, PLEASE pray for me. :t2:

...oh wait, I am one of those idiot drivers! :blink:

just kidding..........

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

I heard a theory once that stated that when we enter a vehicle, we tend to be what we really are!

Something about the enclosure makes it safe for us to let it all out. Me against the world type of thing.

Kinda makes me wonder if there is still stuff inside of me that hasn't changed all that much yet......

t.

Guest Angel_Eyes721

Yes...alot of people struggle with this! I actually recieved an email devotional that mentions this just last week. Here it is: (from ThisDaysDevotional.org)

HARMONIZE -- 1 Peter 3:8-9

"To sum up, let all be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit; not returning evil for evil, or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing."

I heard a story once about a man who had a terrible temper... especially on the freeway. He almost made a hobby of shaking his fist and calling epithets after every car he passed, judging everyone's driving to be inferior to his own. Then he found the Lord. As a matter of fact, he found the Lord so well, he ended up a minister.

One day, he ran into an old friend who had ridden in the car with him many times prior to his conversion. When he told his friend the good news, the friend asked if the Lord had helped him get his temper under control, especially behind the wheel. "Not entirely," he answered. "But I don't want to be a bad witness for the Lord, so now I hold my fist UNDER the dashboard when I shake it!"

Well, now, that's not exactly what the Lord meant -- but at least he was giving it a shot! At least he was more concerned about his witness for Jesus than he was for his own short-tempered ways. I'm sure that it wasn't long after that when he learned to grin and bear it on the freeway, and finally, to really smile and wave -- returning blessing for an insult.

That's what we are all asked to do -- give back good for evil. It isn't easy, but it's do-able. Trust me. Better yet, trust Jesus.

From Bonnie Ricks, Newsong Ministries

Much Love,

Krystal :laugh:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

When people think they have a right to be angry, because they do not get there way this is quite often against God's will, and one reason for this, is people in the U.S., have not experienced to often not having alot, thus they are spoiled, and they think they have the right to get angry, which leads to the wrath of man, which is wrong, and these are some reasons.

AllforJesus: Man, you speak words of wisdom! :laugh: I kinda joke about "men" and "road rage"....I love my husband dearly and I have to deal with his flesh daily.

I'm on my KNEES before our God in prayer for him, believe me!

I joke about it being a "guy thing" because it seems peculiar to men but some women as well.

I'm calm and relaxed in traffic. I turn on praise music and sing and just enjoy the journey....

If someone needs to enter a lane, I try to be kind and gracious and allow them entry...

If someone shows me kindness and allows me in, I wave in appreciation. They see my mouth motion, "Thank you!"

I don't know why people get so angry when driving but I tend to think a lot of it is our society and the demanding nature so many people have.

I also tend to think some of it's more hormonal (men do tend to be more aggressive as a rule...but we see more manly women these days, too).

You're absolutely right, though...we've become a selfish, self indulgent society that expects the world to revolve around us. Amen and amen.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  557
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

When we are not content with what we have, we can desire things which are going past desiring God.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

mostly, i am pretty good about it, thou I am really puzzled about somethings others...... like where did they get their license,

i mean like you are on the freeway (4 lane) traveling speedlimit and a guy is tailgating you for the last half hour, and there is no traffic. then you see him passing you, and you start thinking its about time. then he pulls in front of you, where you have to hit the breaks cause his rear bumper is about to lock up with your front bumper, then you no more get back up to speed and he is hitting breaks to turn off at the next exit.

another wonderful thing is to be following some one on a two lane hwy, that has a 65 limit, with a 40 minimum limit, and have some one going 30..... but only doing 30 when there is traffic coming or you are in a no passing zone, speeding up when the traffic is clear and have a clear passing zone.

I just love those that make a left turn from the right lane, when there is also a left turn lane.....

or those that just have to be in front, passing on bridges ( two lane hwy ), passing when there is not just double yellow, but also when they are hash marked out for left turn lane on super two hwys, that intersect, even traveling around traffic pillons that separate the on coming traffic....

I use to have fun when I was working in KC MO...... I would get on the Hwy in Lee Summit, and get in the far left lane, and never change lanes and not exceed the speed limit, it would not be long, and this girl ( lady ) would pass me like i was standing still, weaving in and out of traffic. 10 miles later, i would be at my turn off, which would be a right turn, mind you i never changed lanes and was ready for a right turn. as I sat there waiting on the light and traffic, she would be pulling up beside me..... this would happen time and time again..... it was almost as thou i had found a fold in the time space continuium.... lol.....

a lot of states have adopted laws against road rage, Missouri is one of them, and i have yet seen anyone convicted of it ( they publish the court findings in the paper)...

everyone makes mistakes, even the best drivers, but i think we have gotten away from DEFENSIVE driving and have become OFFENSIVE drivers.

well, I hope we all do better, me included......

mike

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

oh, just a passing thought,

do the angels obey the laws while they are here on earth protecting us?

if they do, then you best not be going over the speed limit for they wont be flying faster then the law says......

just a thought, let us not out run our guardian angel.

mike