Yesterday in church, our pastor said that

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

One would think it would go without saying that all of our hopes and expectations are with the Lord. I place confidence in NO mere man.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

It appears that there is more then just hope that we have to worry about. I receive daily emails from WorldNetDaily and it appears that the Catholic Church has something to say about this "movement". Warning issued over 'spirit of adulation' of president. As I drilled down through the links they provided, I came across this blog that is pretty critical of how we see Obama. Is Barack Obama the Messiah?

Even though I firmly believe that we should pray for those in government and hope that God reaches their hearts, I am also staying aware of what others think of Obama as the nation, and world, look to him to provide answers that no other world leader has been able to give in the past. It is scary to see how much trust is placed on any one person.

It appears that there is more then just hope that we have to worry about. I receive daily emails from WorldNetDaily and it appears that the Catholic Church has something to say about this "movement". Warning issued over 'spirit of adulation' of president. As I drilled down through the links they provided, I came across this blog that is pretty critical of how we see Obama. Is Barack Obama the Messiah?

Even though I firmly believe that we should pray for those in government and hope that God reaches their hearts, I am also staying aware of what others think of Obama as the nation, and world, look to him to provide answers that no other world leader has been able to give in the past. It is scary to see how much trust is placed on any one person.

The strange thing is that the President has never claimed to be the messiah, or anything else, other than a man running for President. Anyone who would even ask such a question as "Is Barack Obama the Messiah?" is ignorant beyond measure. And spiritually deceived as well.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

The strange thing is that the President has never claimed to be the messiah, or anything else, other than a man running for President. Anyone who would even ask such a question as "Is Barack Obama the Messiah?" is ignorant beyond measure. And spiritually deceived as well.

Well, Sister, there are a lot of deceived people out there who do worship Obama in their own ways. Just look at the posts here at Worthy ... :blink:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

One would think it would go without saying that all of our hopes and expectations are with the Lord. I place confidence in NO mere man.

You would think that, but clearly that isn't the case. One needs only to look at the website I mentioned to see that people view him as their 'hope."

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I don't think there is anything wrong in being 'hopeFUL'. I am hopeful that our leadership (ALL the leadership) can work out some plan to help this critically ill economy. I'm hopeful that there will be a turnaround in the job situation and the state of affairs of our country. But... I worship the Lord and not any man. That said... I don't think Obama is the Messiah any more than I think he's the Anti-Christ. There have long been various sites on the internet declaring any number of people as the "Anti-Christ". I think we all need to pray for our leaders and our country. God Bless America.

I don't think there is anything wrong in being 'hopeFUL'. I am hopeful that our leadership (ALL the leadership) can work out some plan to help this critically ill economy. I'm hopeful that there will be a turnaround in the job situation and the state of affairs of our country. But... I worship the Lord and not any man. That said... I don't think Obama is the Messiah any more than I think he's the Anti-Christ. There have long been various sites on the internet declaring any number of people as the "Anti-Christ". I think we all need to pray for our leaders and our country. God Bless America.

I agree, Believer, especially with the sentence in bold. We can pray for our leaders and have confidence in them (although I don't, personally) but worshipping any person is idolatry and, therefore, a sin. :blink:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Our ultimate hope should not be in anyone but the Lord. Conservatives, liberals, and all ilks have made this same mistake, trusting in the election of certain politicians to solve their problems.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/21/1953

The only one person that I have hope in is Jesus! I think Obama means right the opposite. The way some of the people that voted for him was acting, they do think he's God. After being elected and coming out on the stage, the camera showed some of the women crying. Give me a break!! :whistling: