• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/05/1971

Is if OSAS were true, I could take a deep breath and know that I can try again every morning and if I fall, I'm still his, and try again.

But if it is not true, as I fear, every day I try and fall and try again not because I'm loved but because I'm not winning my battles of sin, and I don't want to go to hell.

My life has been so bad, I want eturnity to be good, not worse.

So I think I'm trying for the wrong reasons.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Is Once Saved Always Saved true.

I know that my only hope is Jesus. I know that salvation can come by no other way.

But can I lose it.

If my life doesn't produce good fruit?

Will Christ reject me if I don't forgive my fellow brother for wronging me.

I was born again at 22. I truely believe that when I asked him to be my Lord and saved me, that I meant it, every word.

What if when I asking him to be my Lord and Savior, the answer was no.

I have so many question and would like to hear your thoughts of both sides of the coin.

Is Once Saved Always Saved, true or not.

Hi Kitty,

Believe the Scriptures.

Jesus promised that He would not loose any the the Father gave to Him to save. He cannot fail. Paul tells us that He that bagan a good work in us WOULD complete it. If it is left unfinished that would mean that God had not kept His word through Paul. The scriptures tell us that the saints will persevere to the end. Those that do not persevere were never saved in the first place. Jesus also said that His sheep would never perish under any circumstance. If you are one of the elect of God you are already glorified and already have eternal life. Eternal life cannot be eternal if it ends.

LT

But what if the Father never gave me to him.

What if I am Satan's joke.

Not wanting to burn.

Wanting to serve Jesus, but producing no fruit because I want to be saved for the wrong reasons.

I want to be his

I want a loving Father

but I can't seem to get it right, and when I read my bible. I feel like every vile sin, unworthy and unchanging.

I feel like the millioniar who walked away because he couldn't give up his money.

My pray life is sorrowful and fearful that I will be rejected, because I can't get it right.

First not wanting to go to hell is a fine reason to believe. The bible says that fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom. But second the fact that you are even worried about this shows you are saved you have the Holy Spirit inside of you working with you and on you. So, you feel like you are failing, I do also, so you feel like every vile sin, I do also; I have committed many of them. Once we are made aware of the true impact of sin in our lives and in the world we then notice our own sin and feel it deeply. But Christ has the grace to defeat ALL sin, every last bit of it. If you raise and love your children, pray, work, and worship God you do well, do not let Satan torment you with worry and feeling so defeated. You are no more or less sinful than any other human being saved by the grace of God alone.

I would say that you need spiritual nourishment, meaning you need to find some sort of a Church, you need to go to communion, you need to be baptized if you are not baptized, and these things will strengthen you spiritually and start to drive these doubts away.

You will not be rejected because you cannot get it right. The key is the striving. None of us get it right, some get it more right than others, most get it more right than me, but none of us get it right.

Christ told us to be still and know that He is God, He told us not to worry about anything but caste all of our worries on Him, so those things are things I try to do, and they do help.

Guest shiloh357
Yes that is my struggle the lack of, maturity, growth, discipleship, assurance,etc.

I truly gave my heart the day I was saved but what if Jesus said no because he knew that I would have to be cut off like the branch that did not bare fruit.

Most importantly I want to change before it's to late and I miss out.

I am a slow learner, like a child handing in her homework late only for it to full of mistakes.

If you were not saved, it is likely you would not care about changing, pleasing God and so forth. The thing is, you cannot change enough to please God. No one can.

No one can ever be good enough to keep themselves saved. In fact, the very idea that you can be good enough by virtue of what you do is offensive to what the Bible teaches about the reality of our human condition.

What some people teach (incorrectly) is that once you are saved, you must do A, B and C, but avoid X, Y and Z in order to maintain salvation.

What this means, is that regardless of what Jesus did on the cross, the final determination of whether or not you make it to heaven is YOU. Good works are then not the product of a grateful heart for the salvation you have received, but the product of a mind and heart motivated by fear that you are not saved because you slipped up over there, the other day.

So operating in that paradigm, it would ultimately be YOU, and not Jesus, who is the Savior. Jesus got you in the door, but whether you STAY inside is now resting on your shoulders.

If that is the case, then the ONLY times you have assurance will be the times you are satisfied that you have lived up to a certain prescribed behavior.

Here is the problem with that mindset. The only way you can be pleasing to God enough to maintain or keep yourself saved is if you can fulfill the righteousness contained in all of God's commandments, which means you have to fulfill God's righteousness and the only person who ever successfully accomplished that was Jesus. Jesus did not merely keep all of God's laws, but he fulfilled the righteousness of them.

What does "fulfill the righteousness of the law" mean? It means that Jesus was the sinless expression of God's commandments. Jesus was able to keep God's laws sinlessly. You see, even if a person keeps God's laws, all of them, he does so with the stain of Adam's sin, which all of us have inherited from Adam (Romans 5:12-29). So our best works are still nothing in the sight of God. Nothing we can do as human beings will ever satisfy God's righteousness. If we could, then we wouldn

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Do you think I am saved, if I bare no good fruit.

Maybe I am afraid of burning and who wouldn't want a better life after this one,

So I have to work for it

It's not enough to ask Jesus for it?

start with just a part of your question. what is your idea of the good fruit you should bear? i think this is a very important part of your question. maybe even more than the OSAS issue.

James2:19-20 You believe that there is one God. Good: Even the demons believe that and shudder.

You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless.

I try clothe meself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

but then I think.

Even the parent who is evil can give a good gift.

I think what have I done for others, NOTHING.

Just my children

I go to work and raise my girls, I'm not a part of my community, or a church.

and because of wrong chooses, I have no means to get envolved with a church and no time for community, I'm resentful, alone and very confuzed as to my place with the Lord.

I don't feel worthy and rightly deserve the punishment he bore for me.

I just thought that when I became a Christian the Lord would help me with the direction of my life but I don't hear him.

It make me think that maybe I wasn't ever saved.

I dream of one day taking my children and serving the Lord so where, but every time I have to take a step, it's the wrong one.

This is why I was wondering about OSAS, because that seemed to be the only time in my life I got it right, and now I'm not even sure any more, because tho the fire and love for him is still there, it's harder then ever, because the big change I got from being born again is realizing my sin and wishing I could stop.

To be Christ like.

you are only doing what all of us do. we go to work and raise our children. it's all a little mundane. what is the difference? we are born again, a new creature in Christ. half the time, no one would know i'm a christian. how could they? maybe they would hear me listening to christian music. anyone can do that. maybe they would see me driving to church. so what? don't we all know there are unbelievers going to church for networking or to make social contacts? what about contributing time or money to a good cause? lots of people do that. it doesn't make me a christian.

you just need to use your faith. you are seated with Christ in heavenly places. that's all there is to it.

Yes that is my struggle the lack of, maturity, growth, discipleship, assurance,etc.

I truly gave my heart the day I was saved but what if Jesus said no because he knew that I would have to be cut off like the branch that did not bare fruit.

Most importantly I want to change before it's to late and I miss out.

I am a slow learner, like a child handing in her homework late only for it to full of mistakes.

If you were not saved, it is likely you would not care about changing, pleasing God and so forth. The thing is, you cannot change enough to please God. No one can.

No one can ever be good enough to keep themselves saved. In fact, the very idea that you can be good enough by virtue of what you do is offensive to what the Bible teaches about the reality of our human condition.

What some people teach (incorrectly) is that once you are saved, you must do A, B and C, but avoid X, Y and Z in order to maintain salvation.

What this means, is that regardless of what Jesus did on the cross, the final determination of whether or not you make it to heaven is YOU. Good works are then not the product of a grateful heart for the salvation you have received, but the product of a mind and heart motivated by fear that you are not saved because you slipped up over there, the other day.

So operating in that paradigm, it would ultimately be YOU, and not Jesus, who is the Savior. Jesus got you in the door, but whether you STAY inside is now resting on your shoulders.

If that is the case, then the ONLY times you have assurance will be the times you are satisfied that you have lived up to a certain prescribed behavior.

Here is the problem with that mindset. The only way you can be pleasing to God enough to maintain or keep yourself saved is if you can fulfill the righteousness contained in all of God's commandments, which means you have to fulfill God's righteousness and the only person who ever successfully accomplished that was Jesus. Jesus did not merely keep all of God's laws, but he fulfilled the righteousness of them.

What does "fulfill the righteousness of the law" mean? It means that Jesus was the sinless expression of God's commandments. Jesus was able to keep God's laws sinlessly. You see, even if a person keeps God's laws, all of them, he does so with the stain of Adam's sin, which all of us have inherited from Adam (Romans 5:12-29). So our best works are still nothing in the sight of God. Nothing we can do as human beings will ever satisfy God's righteousness. If we could, then we wouldn

Guest shiloh357
So you believe Once Saved Always Saved?

I very much want to believe this too!

I meant it when I asked him to be my Savior, I put my hope in him, because it is all I can do.

A better way to express it is "Eternal Security." The reason being is that OSAS tends to give the impression that a salvation is permission to live in sin. Eternal Security implies the emphasis on the power of God to keep a person. It is also closer to the biblical definition of salvation.

In that analogy I gave you about the test, remember that Jesus has already passed the test. He scored 100% and he offers you his "score." In other words, He offers you his righteousness. All you have to do is to accept it, and salvation is accomplished. All that is left is for you to live in obedience to His commandments out of a grateful heart in full dependence on His grace, and the power of Holy Spirit as a response to that.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  324
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/16/1964

in the bible it says not even the angels can pry me from his hands

thats sounds pretty permanent to me

arrow

Unless we choose to be pried. It's all about our choice.

It is not all about human choice and human choice is not above God's sovereignity. Jonah the prophet's choice was to run away as far as possible from Neneveh, Paul the apostle's choice was to persecute Christian but God soverignity says otherwise.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

It is a beautiful picture, but what I don't understand is why in my tearful cries for help, could I not here him, and ended up making the wrong chooses.

When this happens to me, it is because I am focused so intensely on my problem, I am neglecting to hear His answer. Other times, I have found that He has already answered, but again, I did not hear Him or I did not want to accept what He has said as the answer, for one reason or the other. I guess what I am trying to say it that when I check "me", I found the problem. He had always been there, I was just not paying enough attention to notice, but instead, swallowed up in my misery.

So then the gift of salvation is ours if we accept it and no sin can cause us to loses it, with the exception of blasphamy.

You reap what you sow when you sin.

which affects this life but not our destination. Right?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

You know something has been discussed a lot with an acronym like OSAS can be used and everyone already knows what you are talking about. But, I wonder if anyone is learning anything or if anyone is changing their opinion. As believer in the Eternal Security of a Believer, I would like to know what your interpretation of the parable of The Son Who Stayed Home in Luke 15 is. Oh, you probablky know it as the parable of The Prodigal Son. But Jesus' point was about the harsh judgment of the critical son who stayed home, but didn't have the heart of the father.