IGNORED

Is wearing a cross wrong according to scripture?

ayin jade

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  746
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/30/1988

Where I work, we design our own nametags using the blank side of a business card and colored markers. I put the cross on mine, because that is my identity-the salvation that came through Christ's sacrifice on the cross. And while not many have mentioned it, I have had brief incounters with those who also belong to Him because they saw the cross.

"Galatians 6:14:

But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world."

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/21/1957

Ive had a small cross, about 8 inches tall..Ive had this cross since as long as I can remember..It has a body of Jesus on it which GLOWS in the dark! I like this cross as it reminds me to hold on to the faith I had as a child. It doesnt have any secret powers in itself, but it is a reminder of What Jesus did for me and for all people in the world...And, it still glows! I think I'd like to be buried with it.

your friend,

john

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

If muslim extremists grew in power in the future and started crucifying christians in the streets, I really think christians would stop wearing them. If I was crucified on one, I wouldn't want people making replicas of it to give to one another to remind them of my faithfulness to God. I'd want them reminding each other of my faithfulness to God through my life. And focusing on that.

I imagine jesus would feel the same.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  823
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  10/13/1981

I don't think wearing a cross is wrong at all :thumbsup:

it is a great reminder of His Love for us :emot-hug:

Blessings, Joanna

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

If muslim extremists grew in power in the future and started crucifying christians in the streets, I really think christians would stop wearing them.

christians may stop wearing them...people may stop wearing them....But a Child of Jesus will have a cross so large that the muslim extremists will see it...we don't operate in any fear in this fallen world...especially against children of satan...Love always protects... a muslim extremists doesn't have a chance against a Child of Jesus...

Remember there will be no cowards in the Kingdom of Jesus Christ...

Like a said before on this board..there are different kinds of human kind...know your kind...I wouldn't want a yesult kind anywhere around when the going gets tough...ashamed of the cross because they might die for it...isn't that sweet...

I assure you that Jesus is not a chicken...and he wouldn't feel the same..

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

If muslim extremists grew in power in the future and started crucifying christians in the streets, I really think christians would stop wearing them.

christians may stop wearing them...people may stop wearing them....But a Child of Jesus will have a cross so large that the muslim extremists will see it...we don't operate in any fear in this fallen world...especially against children of satan...Love always protects... a muslim extremists doesn't have a chance against a Child of Jesus...

Remember there will be no cowards in the Kingdom of Jesus Christ...

Like a said before on this board..there are different kinds of human kind...know your kind...I wouldn't want a yesult kind anywhere around when the going gets tough...ashamed of the cross because they might die for it...isn't that sweet...

I assure you that Jesus is not a chicken...and he wouldn't feel the same..

Dying, or sacrificing oneself for the sake of Christ and dying or sacrificing oneself for the sake of a symbol which represents Christ, are two different things.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Dying, or sacrificing oneself for the sake of Christ and dying or sacrificing oneself for the sake of a symbol which represents Christ, are two different things.

Who is dieing or sacrificing? We are living in Jesus and the Cross. Whether it is Jesus or the Cross that represents him...there is no shame in that.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

The cross simply says Jesus won; the torture and execution which was perpetrated on Him did not succeed. It is a testament to the world and to those who are now in hell who killed Christ that they utterly failed; if that is not 'pc' well good.

However like anything else it has been overblown. I wear one sometimes on my collar and I have a cross in my home on the wall. But yeah someone made the point about people who are not believers using the cross and this is an issue if it simply becomes pop culture, which it may have become already. In some ways I think the ornamentation of the cross as jewelry causes it to lose its meaning. I think a cross should actually have a representation of blood on it, or someone mentioned wearing an electric chair, which actually would be a GOOD thing, it would remind us of the sacrifice. I would wear an electric chair or a hangman

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  01/16/1969

I used to wear a crusifix then I realized that the cross is now empty.So I wear a star of David with a cross in it.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  3

I wear a fish.