• Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Then where did it come from?

Human minds!

Can you back this up with Scripture?

Or let me ask you this -

How does the Lord regard these other religions and beliefs?

:24: Beautiful?

Yes. Beautiful! The simple fact is that people wouldn't follow it if there wasn't something there to be enticed by.

That doesn't make it beautiful in the eyes of the Lord - does it?

And where did Mohamed claim to have gotten his teaching from?
He claims to have received the message direct from Allah! Why?

Are you sure he made it up?

Are you sure he wasn't actually visited by a demon?

But a lie is still a lie.

And who is the Father of Lies?

Siddhartha Gautama certainly did not see Buddhism as a lie.

Jezebel didn't see the worship of Baal as a lie, either. :24:

At best, we Christians can say he was "mistaken". His fundamental assumptions about the nature of suffering and attachment are flawed (from a Christian perspective, that is - others might say our assumptions about salvation are equally flawed; we would, of course, disagree with them).

It is not therefore right to simply say it's a "lie". It is then too easy to simply reject anything anyone else says. We may believe a person is mistaken, but remember that they believe the same about us. If we reject what they believe as a "lie", how do they view us? Without critically looking at what other people believe and (probably more importantly) why they believe what they believe, there is no way to bridge that gap of understanding. All parties will simply end up repeating what they believe while rejecting out of hand everything the other person is saying. With such limited communication, our ability to share the gospel is already hamstrung to an extent.

It may be wrong, but it is not necessarily a "lie". though with that said, because Satan is the tempter, it is possible that some things are indeed the work of Satan.

:24:

It's not truth, but it's not a lie.

I do not understand your logic at all.

However, pointing fingers at him seems too much like trying to justify any action by saying, "the Devil made me do it".

No, it's not. The devil didn't make anyone believe Islam anymore than he made eve believe the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil was good for food - but he did entice her with thoughts that directed her that way.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I can only Judge by your fruits, MG. I could be wrong, and that is why it is not my place to lay Judgement (condemnation) on others. Only God can do that. I hope that God sees a different side of you than I do.

I can also judge by fruits, my friend. I see a tolerance for evil in yours and we, as Christians, are not required to do that. I also defer to the Lord to decide and, just so you know, God doesn't expect me to mushmouth my views on the greatest evil the world has ever known.

I am not naive. I just haven't demonised those you consider the enemy. Christianity was once a cult, and that is FACT. Now it has grown beyond such constrictions. The same is said for Islam. When Islam is held by over 1 billion people, it cannot be a "cult". Unless Christianity is also a cult, of course.

Are you a muslim, PA?

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that quoting the Qu'ran here was against the Board Rules. I won't ask that again. My point was simply to show that there is a context to everything, even the Qu'ran. Muslims who follow the Qu'ran would say that you are taking their holy book out of context, just like we would tell non-Christians that they are taking the Bible out of context if they try to tell us that God commands us to slaughter our enemies.

edit: I just checked out those Qu'ran references for myself. I'm not sure how these are evil passages that make Muslims worth deporting. Indeed, some of them mirror very closely what the Bible actually says (perhaps that's what you find so evil about it???). Thanks anyway

Quoting the Qu'ran here would be heresy. You have said it all above; if you see no evil in a 'god' who actively works to populate hell and to deceive the faithful...then you're blind. Who exactly do you think is saying this?

After all, if it wasn't beautiful to them, they wouldn't have chosen it in the first place, would they? Once we see that someone else came to their beliefs logically and rationally, we can then move to proper discussion of our various beliefs. If we simply dismiss everything they say as irrelevant, what kind of discussion can come? Would they even be willing to entertain listening to what you believe if you aren't going to listen to what they believe? If it turns out that they convert, then fantastic. If they don't, then at least you can live together in peace and understanding rather than intolerance.

Though as an aside, I would be interested to find out how deporting a Muslim will help their soul

:24:

Don't look now but most muslims don't CHOOSE islam and they certainly can't leave it regardless of whether they are born into it or convert. Faith doesn't hold adherents by the threat of death; that would be a cult.

Deporting muslims might not help their souls. However, we are not to consort with evil or idolaters. As for peace and tolerance...I'd hand that one over to the Israelis; they could tell you, first hand, all about that.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

I just want to chime in and say I support MG's thoughts on this issue 100%.

Islam is without ANY doubt a cult. The fact that they are "religious" doesn't have ANY bearing on their cult status. Have you guys never heard of a "religious cult???" In fact, most cults are religious in nature. I don't see why there is any debate on that. :45:

Islam is a cult...maybe this will help

I just want to chime in and say I support MG's thoughts on this issue 100%.

Islam is without ANY doubt a cult. The fact that they are "religious" doesn't have ANY bearing on their cult status. Have you guys never heard of a "religious cult???" In fact, most cults are religious in nature. I don't see why there is any debate on that. :45:

Islam is a cult...maybe this will help

I'm glad you see the truth about this evil cult, Axx. So many are blind to reality. :24:

Depending on the definition you are using Christianity is a cult.

By any objective use of the word, Islam is a religion, even if we don't agree with what it teaches.

Ummm....NO. :45:

Depending on the definition you are using Christianity is a cult.

By any objective use of the word, Islam is a religion, even if we don't agree with what it teaches.

Ummm....NO. :45:

that is because you are not objective.

"Objective" is relative; it all depends on one's perch. :24:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Jesus Himself said this, recorded twice in scripture ...

Matthew 12:30

He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.

Luke 11:23

He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

This topic reminds me of why I stopped coming to the Worthy Forums.

So I shall give my opinion.

1. Put a bounty on Muslims? How many times did Jesus say "Go out and make followers of me, and if they resist, stick em in bags and throw them out of the country!". Maybe that's in Hezekiah somewhere...

2. Now to argue the other side. Giving the Muslims a prayer space and refusing a similar demand from the Christians is discrimination. And if it happened in the US, everyone would be bending over backwards to help the Muslims and attack the hateful Christian fanatics who would DARE to think their religion should have precedence. Furthermore, I highly doubt the person who suggested the creation of a Muslim prayer room would be getting hateful calls from Christians. Short of maybe Fred Phelps bunch of loonies that is.

History - Past, Present And Future

The Father

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

And The SON

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2

Are Denied By Most

"Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son." 1 John 2:22

But God Will Not Be Denied Forever

"For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God" Romans 14:11-12

So If You Love Them, Even Just A Little, Pray And Tell The Truth

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

Jesus Is Salvation

"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." John 3:36

Jesus Is LORD

"And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2:11

Believe Him

"Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:" John 11:25

And Live

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  11/27/1979

Can you back this up with Scripture?

Or let me ask you this -

How does the Lord regard these other religions and beliefs?

I have no doubt that God is not a fan of these other beliefs. They take away from worship of the true God. However, this does not mean that it was started by Satan. It might be Satan, but I can't stand the dichotomy of "if it's not from God, it's from the Devil". The world is just not that simple!

:) Beautiful?

Yes. Beautiful! The simple fact is that people wouldn't follow it if there wasn't something there to be enticed by.

That doesn't make it beautiful in the eyes of the Lord - does it?

I didn't say it was "beautiful in the eyes of the Lord", did I? I simply said there was beauty in there.

And where did Mohamed claim to have gotten his teaching from?
He claims to have received the message direct from Allah! Why?

Are you sure he made it up?

Are you sure he wasn't actually visited by a demon?

NO, I'm not sure he made it up. Are you sure he WAS actually visited by a demon? That's exactly my point right there. For all we know there might be some influence from Satan, but there very well might not be. So it seems rather impulsive to simply dismiss something as the work of the Devil. It certainly hinders two-way communication with people of those beliefs. Imagine a conversation with a Muslim if the first thing you tell them is that their beliefs are straight from Satan??? I'm sure that will help understanding and lead to better opportunities to share the gospel....

Jezebel didn't see the worship of Baal as a lie, either. :b:

:thumbsup:

It's not truth, but it's not a lie.

I do not understand your logic at all.

I'm sorry you don't understand it. I just think the best way to promote understanding is to see things from their point of view. In this vein, I have studied many different beliefs. Whenever I look at another religious viewpoint, I tend to look at it from the point of view of those who believe it. It helps me understand them better, and in understanding them, I find that the best way to lead to healthy and productive discussions about our beliefs.

So when I see Buddhism, I don't see a "lie", even though I don't agree with it. When i see Islam, I don't see a lie even though I don't agree with it. I see people who have found something beautiful in those systems. The only way for proper discussion that leads to Christian repentance is to recognise these beauties and discuss them. Demonising them won't help but will only lead to further conflict.

No, it's not. The devil didn't make anyone believe Islam anymore than he made eve believe the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil was good for food - but he did entice her with thoughts that directed her that way.
So if the devil didn't make anyone believe Islam, then who's to say the devil made Islam?