stacey c

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I think the point is that we are all called to represent Christ, but not always called to preach the gospel. Sometimes the gospel is just simply "I believe in Jesus Christ and love Him with all my heart and soul," and leave it at that.

:blink:

That is truly about all I can get out with those people..... I just tell them I love Jesus and I'm His and that's it.... :blink:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

In my dad's case, he worked with the JW so he had the opportunity to speak with him on many occassions during breaks. I am not suggesting you can simply have 2 JWs show up at your door and they will be converted if you can answer them.

But, if every believer gave them the time of day, and they were continually hearing the truth, it could happen.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

They are good at twisting the words.

this is the trick that satan used against Eve....

becareful with them.... I would have to agree, do not invite them in....

I had a lady one time bring a young teen with her, and she started talking about how Israel is no longer the chosen people. this is where I had to stop her and set her straight, that the Gentile is the Adopted child, but Israel is the Natural child. that just because Israel does not believe that Christ, Jesus, IS the SON of GOD, does not mean that they are no longer the children of God. The Annointing IS still there. the young teen was glued the entire time, and when she opened the door for that, I continued on with the church age ( the age we are in ) and the sequence of events and how it was going to take place.....

she wanted to leave her books with me to read, and I declined cause she would not accept mine. the teen age girl, well, her appitite had just been started, and she is very vulnerable at the age she is.....

J.W. do not believe in the full diety of Christ.... they use to say that only 144,000 would make it to heaven.... now it is changed (they change their doctrine and teachings and are very inconsistant) it is now that 144,000 will live in the New Jerusalem and everyone else that gets there will live in the subburbs... their cult (reason I call them a cult is they twist the Word of God, do not use it in context, will take a single verse, or even a part of a verse and build a complete doctrine out of it) is a cult that says you have to work to get to heaven, (works related) kind of like a point system...... if you get enough points, you get in....

very exclusive, if you are not a J.W., they say you will not get in to heaven..... that is not what the Bible says......

just becareful

mike

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

For anyone who feels ill-equipped to handle a JW, please read through this site.

Very helpful and removes the excuses we often use to not reach out to people.

BTW, just b/c someone will argue with us or treat us badly does not give us an excuse to not witness.

1 peter 4:14 "If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you"

http://www.4witness.org/jehovahs_witness/jw_witness.php

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

This morning I had two very lovely women come to my door inviting us to church, which turned out to be the Kingdom Hall down the street. I grasciously accepted their pamphlet (which went in the trash after they left), and had a brief but pleasant chat with them. I told them about a blessing that came about just last night and added a "Thank you Jesus" to it. The looks on their faces was priceless, their smiles literally froze on their faces. :emot-highfive:

Being the nice person I am :24: when they invited themselves back for a time of "sharing" I didn't decline.

So now that I was a big pushover how do I handle these two if they come back? And being JW I'm sure they will.

I have dealt with LDS before, funny they didn't want to talk to me no more, but not JW.

What do they believe?

What types of deception do they use?

What's their "trip up" button? Another words how do you turn the table on them?

Any advice would help. Thanks.

Is that what we want to do? Maybe we should show them what a true witness for Christ looks like.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

This morning I had two very lovely women come to my door inviting us to church, which turned out to be the Kingdom Hall down the street. I grasciously accepted their pamphlet (which went in the trash after they left), and had a brief but pleasant chat with them. I told them about a blessing that came about just last night and added a "Thank you Jesus" to it. The looks on their faces was priceless, their smiles literally froze on their faces. :emot-highfive:

Being the nice person I am :24: when they invited themselves back for a time of "sharing" I didn't decline.

So now that I was a big pushover how do I handle these two if they come back? And being JW I'm sure they will.

I have dealt with LDS before, funny they didn't want to talk to me no more, but not JW.

What do they believe?

Is that what we want to do? Maybe we should show them what a true witness for Christ looks like.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

This morning I had two very lovely women come to my door inviting us to church, which turned out to be the Kingdom Hall down the street. I grasciously accepted their pamphlet (which went in the trash after they left), and had a brief but pleasant chat with them. I told them about a blessing that came about just last night and added a "Thank you Jesus" to it. The looks on their faces was priceless, their smiles literally froze on their faces. :whistling:

Being the nice person I am :taped: when they invited themselves back for a time of "sharing" I didn't decline.

What do they believe?

some times, being blunt, hard, TRUTHFULL, is the best thing.....

Christ told people how it is, not how they wanted him to tell them.... they wanted Him to tell them that it is all ok, and He did not.

personally, if I am goofing up, I want to know NOW!!!!!!!!!!

not 2 hours from now, not two weeks, not two years..... time passes and a simple goofup becomes a habit and then it is hard to break....

when a pup jumps up on the couch, we do not try to gently talk it down, we teach it not to jump up on furnature by telling it down, and putting it down, and if it jumps up again, we again tell it down, with stern voice, and maybe even swat it (dont have to beat it).... after a few times the dog learns...... we had a dog, that was jumping up and taking a towel or some item of clothing off the cloths line and then laying on them..... I did not know this until mom said something to me..... so I went out, hung some cloths on the line, and watched.... the dog, went and started to jump up and snag it, I yelled NO! he looked at me, started to jump again, and again I yelled NO! he went ahead and jumped and took down the towel.... I grabbed him and the towel, put the towel on his face and smacked his backside. and then put the towel back up. we did this three times. the forth time he went for the towel, I said NO! he left it alone went over and laid down. we no longer had any issue with cloths being taken off the line by the dog......

people are the same way.....

if we issue the TRUTH, we have no problems trying to regroup from tellings some one that what they are doing is OK..... if we teach Christ Crucified, Christ Risen.... we do not have to try something else... J.W. are out to recruit you, and if you are wishy-washy, then you can loose...... LDS are doing the same thing, and again, if you are wishywashy, again they can use that to turn you from Christ......

teach hard, teach truth, not wishywashy......

my wife and me had a conversation this evening with a mother of a couple young ladies about church, it lasted a good 45 min, why? cause she had questions about our fellowship, and what we believe and what we teach....... she wanted to know, she asked questions that might have been taken as being some one that is questionable about how she feels about church(s). I told her the truth, and she opened up, she wants to come and at least observe with the youth (YEs, I want her to be sure about her childrens whereabouts and dealings) then she asked if we were like the LDS, I said No, oh? she said.... how about the J.W. again, I said No....... she asked other questions too. but I did not soften any, (I even wondered if I should soften a bit, but didnt) I am glad I did not......

if you are lead to speak to them, do so, the Lord will guide you. stuyd the Word and you will be ready...

mike

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

This morning I had two very lovely women come to my door inviting us to church, which turned out to be the Kingdom Hall down the street. I grasciously accepted their pamphlet (which went in the trash after they left), and had a brief but pleasant chat with them. I told them about a blessing that came about just last night and added a "Thank you Jesus" to it. The looks on their faces was priceless, their smiles literally froze on their faces. :whistling:

Being the nice person I am :taped: when they invited themselves back for a time of "sharing" I didn't decline.

What do they believe?

some times, being blunt, hard, TRUTHFULL, is the best thing.....

Christ told people how it is, not how they wanted him to tell them.... they wanted Him to tell them that it is all ok, and He did not.

personally, if I am goofing up, I want to know NOW!!!!!!!!!!

not 2 hours from now, not two weeks, not two years..... time passes and a simple goofup becomes a habit and then it is hard to break....

when a pup jumps up on the couch, we do not try to gently talk it down, we teach it not to jump up on furnature by telling it down, and putting it down, and if it jumps up again, we again tell it down, with stern voice, and maybe even swat it (dont have to beat it).... after a few times the dog learns...... we had a dog, that was jumping up and taking a towel or some item of clothing off the cloths line and then laying on them..... I did not know this until mom said something to me..... so I went out, hung some cloths on the line, and watched.... the dog, went and started to jump up and snag it, I yelled NO! he looked at me, started to jump again, and again I yelled NO! he went ahead and jumped and took down the towel.... I grabbed him and the towel, put the towel on his face and smacked his backside. and then put the towel back up. we did this three times. the forth time he went for the towel, I said NO! he left it alone went over and laid down. we no longer had any issue with cloths being taken off the line by the dog......

people are the same way.....

if we issue the TRUTH, we have no problems trying to regroup from tellings some one that what they are doing is OK..... if we teach Christ Crucified, Christ Risen.... we do not have to try something else... J.W. are out to recruit you, and if you are wishy-washy, then you can loose...... LDS are doing the same thing, and again, if you are wishywashy, again they can use that to turn you from Christ......

teach hard, teach truth, not wishywashy......

my wife and me had a conversation this evening with a mother of a couple young ladies about church, it lasted a good 45 min, why? cause she had questions about our fellowship, and what we believe and what we teach....... she wanted to know, she asked questions that might have been taken as being some one that is questionable about how she feels about church(s). I told her the truth, and she opened up, she wants to come and at least observe with the youth (YEs, I want her to be sure about her childrens whereabouts and dealings) then she asked if we were like the LDS, I said No, oh? she said.... how about the J.W. again, I said No....... she asked other questions too. but I did not soften any, (I even wondered if I should soften a bit, but didnt) I am glad I did not......

if you are lead to speak to them, do so, the Lord will guide you. stuyd the Word and you will be ready...

mike

Mike,

Why on earth would she have asked you if your church was like LDS or JW? Just wondering - that seems an odd question.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Ok. so the two JW came back this afternoon and we had a short convo. It kinda felt like they were feeling me out because when I referenced several scriptures to them, they seemed in a hurry to leave. :laughing:

First off we began to speak about the current condition of the world today and they asked me if I thought it was fair. I told them that the Word has already told us that in the end times periolous times would come. Then they asked me if I thought that meant the end of the world. I told them that I believed that Jesus was going to come back for His saints and destroy satan and the earth. They responded with so you believe He will wipe out wickedness? I said yes and all those who donot believe on Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior will face judgement....ect...

Then before they could rush out the door I asked them simply do JW believe tha Jesus Christ is the Son of God? They said yes. Then I asked if they believed if He was God? They said He is a god but not Almighty God. So I quoted John 1:1 to them. They said they couldn't talk now but would come back another time.

But as far as the first part of our discussion they kept talking about the end of the "system". What exactly do they mean by that?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

RG, God doesn't call all of us to witness to JW's. unless God Himself directs us to witness to them, we should NOT. don't try to shame anyone here into doing what you think they should do.

God calls us to witness EVERYONE

Matt 28:

18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

where is the clause in this that lets us pick and choose who we witness to?

Give me an example of Jesus giving anyone an "out clause".

God Himself has already directed us to witness to them when he gave the Great Commission

there is a scripture that says if anyone comes preaching that there is not Holy Spirit that we should not even let them in the door.