IGNORED

Homosexuals

I have a situation I'd really like some advice on . My late husband had 3 grown daughters who are half sisters to our 3 kids that we had together. One of the girls is a lesbian , her and her "other half" have been over to my house but not very often. They both know I'm a christian and in no way condon their lifestyle. They have been respectful to me , (like by not showing affection toward one another). I have often wondered if I should even allow them over in my home , (right now my kids have no idea that they are lesbians) (or even know what that is for that matter). Now I found out today that their sister is pregnant and will be raising the baby with 2 "mommies". How should I handle this as a christian? Please take in consideration that I do have younger children involved here. My kids are not close to her at all , she rarely came to visit even when her dad was alive and will probably be the same now but I just want to know what you would do. Would you allow them to visit in your home? And then with a baby ?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LadyC

providing she continues to be respectful and not display affection with her lover around you and your other children i think you would be mistaken to forbid her from visiting. for one thing, she is the sister of your children. for another, if you shut the door on her because of this, it could be like shutting the door of heaven to her... you are a witness to her, and possibly the only christian who does not out-right shun her.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

I have a situation I'd really like some advice on . My late husband had 3 grown daughters who are half sisters to our 3 kids that we had together. One of the girls is a lesbian , her and her "other half" have been over to my house but not very often. They both know I'm a christian and in no way condon their lifestyle. They have been respectful to me , (like by not showing affection toward one another). I have often wondered if I should even allow them over in my home , (right now my kids have no idea that they are lesbians) (or even know what that is for that matter). Now I found out today that their sister is pregnant and will be raising the baby with 2 "mommies". How should I handle this as a christian? Please take in consideration that I do have younger children involved here. My kids are not close to her at all , she rarely came to visit even when her dad was alive and will probably be the same now but I just want to know what you would do. Would you allow them to visit in your home? And then with a baby ?

How in the world did she get pregnant if she is a lesbian?

she did that artificial thing , so now she could have twins or more!! Oh and her mom and 2 sisters are christians. I will comment more but would like to hear what others think first.....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

As long as she is respectful of your wishes in your home you should allow her to visit, as LadyC advised.

She is family, and you could be a wonderful witness to both of them.

Just because we don't condone the sin doesn't mean we shun the sinner, we show the love of Christ.

Love Them Both

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

God Does!

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Love them. Through your kindness and your witness - you may be the only Bible they see - You do not have to love the sin, but I think we should love the sinner and attempt to show them how much Jesus loves us. Witness to them.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  3

Love Them Both

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

God Does!

Love them. Through your kindness and your witness - you may be the only Bible they see - You do not have to love the sin, but I think we should love the sinner and attempt to show them how much Jesus loves us. Witness to them.

The BEST advice :) And PRAY!!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/30/1981

Ok , thx to those who replied

I don't want to sound like a donkey over here, but you have a right to protect your children and their innocense from this woman who is misguided and living in a sin that will bring terrible consequences to her and those that regard her with politically correct eyes.

As a Christian, we are taught to hate the sin, but love the sinner. Lay down the rules, she does not have to be banned from your house, but you as a mother have a responsibility to protect your children from her and her partner. Invite her over, but tell her that you would rather her leave her lover at home b/c your children don't need or deserve a bad example or influence. A person that is living in that type of sin has a large following of demons and I would not want that type of danger entering my home.

I hope this helps, I am not wanting to sound bad or mean, but you do need to protect yourself.