IGNORED

Take a minute! Jesus went through agony for us.

Johnsean

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

he who knew no sin became sin for me

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

Jesus was sinless and suffered and died for our salvation. We as sinners need only repent and believe. He has done everything that needed to be done. Our part of the deal is to believe and remain true to Him.

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed" (Isa. 53:5). By His suffering, the bruises, the chastisements, the stripes with the whip, we are healed.

He was so badly beaten he was unrecognisable as a man,

"As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men" (Isa. 52:14).

He gave His Back to the smiters, THEY SPAT UPON HIM and they EVEN PULLED OUT HIS BEARD

"I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that OFF THE HAIR: I hid not my face from shame and spitting" (Isa. 50:6).

That Jesus still has a flesh and bone body, now glorified, was demonstrated to Thomas and all the disciples (Luke 24:39);

"Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have." (Luke 14:39).

Jesus will carry these scares for eternity to remind us forever that He actually died on the cross as plainly stated in Zechariah 13:6;

"And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends." (Zechariah 13:6).

No more is required of the Father or Jesus from any of us? Nothing we can do can possibly make up for what Jesus took in our stead. All God wants of us is to repent and sin no more and believe in Jesus and in who sent Him.

Praise His Holy Name forever more.

Haz.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  580
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

I am indeed unworthy.

No matter how we strive to be sinless, no matter how we try to emulate Jesus Christ ... it's a hopelessly impossible task. Our sin nature makes it impossible for anyone to even begin to approach what Jesus is.

But are some people less deserving of this grace and mercy than others? Are some more deserving than others?

Does any one person deserve hell more than others?

No one is more or less deserving of Christ's grace, and not one of us deserves hell less than any other person.

It's because of God's grace that we are even saved -- not because of our own self-worth.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/11/1975

Jesus is Love. I think about it often and how he is the reason why I am invited to have eternal life.

Edited by brothaman

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  437
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  05/20/1979

The Bible gives a detailed account of the agony and stress that Jesus went through before and during His crucifixion. The disciples reported seeing Him in agony the night before on mount Olive ( Luke 22: 44). He remained in pain, agony and stress not because He was powerless, but for the love of humanity. That incredible and invaluable love, and suffering was meant to provide way for salvation.

We ought to appreciate how much we are indebted to Jesus for the suffering and His unrivaled love. May the Lord help us understand what Easter is all about.

God bless you all this Easter.

John

JESUS, thank you for what you've done, I don't deserve such love, But I'm grateful for what you've done.

Forgive me for complaining when I'm feeling low or hurting, for YOU went through so much more than I can ever comprehend.

Such LOVE, such OFFERING, No-One has ever done, but ONLY YOU.

THank YOU.

Thanks John for sharing.

Amen Believer.

lomi

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I am thinking of a song written by Michael Card. He wrote the song based on an observation in Scripture:

When we get to Heaven, we will be healed of all sicknesses, diseases, and wounds, and all our scars will be erased. But when Jesus was resurrected, His scars marking His death remained.

Can you imagine that? Only One in Heaven carries scars.

When the Kingdom comes with its perfected sons

He will be known by the scars

Known By the Scars

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Can you imagine that? Only One in Heaven carries scars.

For some reason I had not given any thought to Him really having those scars even though I had read in Dan that He would be asked about them. Then some years ago I heard a sermon stating that He really is in heaven with those very same scars. I guess that so many think that heaven is where all is healed and whole but knowing He has those scars somehow make His death and sacrifice more powerful because of those scars, at least for me.