• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Biden's Puppy Breeder: "Never, Never, Never Again"

Woman is vilified for selling a pedigreed pup to the Bidens.

By KAREN ARAIZA

Updated 2:48 PM EDT, Fri, Apr 10, 2009

Fifteen minutes of fame turned into four months of bitter remorse for the Chester County woman who sold the Bidens their adorable little German shepherd puppy.

Linda Brown's been investigated, scorned and had her life threatened.

"I thought when Joe Biden bought a puppy from me, what an honor," Brown told the Daily Local News. "Out of millions of breeders in the country, in the world, he picked me."

That was December.

When the story got out, Brown faced backlash from pet lovers who thought the Bidens should have opted for a shelter over a breeder to find their new puppy.

PETA seized the moment as an opportunity to blame the killing of shelter animals on people who buy from breeders. The organization's TV commercial, "Buy One, Get One Killed" ran in Delaware after the Biden puppy story made headlines.

Dog wardens from the state showed up at Brown's Wolf Den kennel, repeatedly, for inspections.

"I was cited for a piece of kibble on the floor and five strands of dog hair. They took a picture of that, they walked around, snapped pictures and don't tell you why," Brown told the newspaper.

She was found "not guilty" for each citation, but hiring a lawyer for the court hearings has cost her $4,000 so far in legal fees.

Brown says she and Biden both received death threats from animal activists.

"Never, never, never again," Brown said about selling a dog to anyone with a high profile.

Her advice to breeders who've called about the Obama's puppy search: Don't do it!

"It's been horrific since December," she said.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/...gain.html?yhp=1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

PETA drives me crazy.

I'm all for mutts and God bless those who adopt shelter pets.

But this is unreal!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

PETA drives me crazy.

I'm all for mutts and God bless those who adopt shelter pets.

But this is unreal!

It sure is. I'm a believer in adopting from shelters because the pedigreed pups and kittens will always find homes; there are waiting lists for them, in fact. However, it's a personal decision as to where one wants to buy a pet (or adopt one) and these people need to shut up and go away. They're not PRO-animal activists; they're ANTI-freedom of choice criminals. Making death threats? I hope these cretins are arrested. :(

Guest LadyC

i don't like peta, but the truth is, there are a whole lot of breeders out there who give good breeders a bad name. they are called "puppy mills" and it's a terrible thing. (and trust me, it's really terrible! my daughter used to be friends with one of these horrible breeders!) i will never buy from a breeder, and i'll never buy from a pet store. there are too many animals who need loving homes to go pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for one.

that being said, there are also breeders who are loving and caring about the animals. i have a purebred himalyan from such a breeder... he's now 17 years old, and i got him as a kitten. i was fortunate, i didn't pay a dime for him. the breeder was dying of cancer, and wanted the kittens to have family homes... so she had them spayed/neutered and gave them away with no papers. yes, they were pedigreed cats, but she wasn't in this for money, she was in it for the love of the animals. she did not want any of the kittens to be used for profit by an irresponsible breeding mill, so she prevented it.

it's the people who put the welfare of the animals first that get forgotten in all the publicity about breeding mills.

When Your Freedom Starts

Where My Noise Starts

Freedom Stops

>>>>>()<<<<<

Believe The Holy Word

"And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;"

1 Thessalonians 4:11

And God's Peace

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

John 16:33

Will Rein

"And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom."

"And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."

Luke 23:42-42

Forever

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 3:16

HE IS RISEN

Hallelujah

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

joe, you sure you responded to the right thread?

I think its a great reponse to this nonsense. People still have the freedom of CHOICE in this country. If Biden chose to buy from a private individual, then why is that anyone's business, but his. Since when is buying a dog, something of national concern?

Good grief! I am for buy an animal at a shelter, I have done it several times in the past. However, should I choose to buy a specific breed from a breeder, then that is MY BUSINESS. Not PETA's! And the same for anyone in this country, including the President or VP.

I feel sorry for the lady who sold the dog. What a bunch of moron's who are attacking her.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

joe, you sure you responded to the right thread?

When Your Freedom Starts

Where My Noise Starts

Freedom Stops

Yep, he did sis. :emot-hug:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I feel for this poor lady - death threats? Good grief. PETA goes way over the top IMO... PETA has supported ELF (Earth Liberation Front) which is listed as a terrorist organization - this is from an interview Fox had with a PETA rep and offers some insight into their radical and misguided platform

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_detail.cfm/headline/2339

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/05/1959

This has just made it even more difficult for reputable breeders. And what makes me mad also is it is because it was a high profile individual. If it was anyone else they wouldn't have blinked an eye. I have to ask PETA why what difference did that make? :24:

Blessings.

In His Loving Hands,

LIVN4JC