irishcowboy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

How would you know, Axx? YOU are a man. Anyway, you're missing the point ...... which is that the commercials are inappropriate for the target audience. Children. Why must we target the young and vulnerable? They grow up too quickly even without being exposed to smarmy ad campaigns.

You just don't get it, Axx...... :emot-hug:

LoL...I think I've made it pretty clear that "I don't get it..."

Also, I think its pretty clear that the commercial is not targeted towards children. Plus BK has said that it is not targeted at children. It targeted at adults to buy a regular meal and they can get their kids a 99cent value meal. But either way...its funny...and my kids thought so too.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

ok my turn, my turn, let me in :emot-hug: My dad told me once, that we are supposed to be like our father in heaven. What disgust God should disgust us. So this add i saw does not look like something that please's God. So no it does not please me either.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

OOOHHHH alright I'll get into this one too, why not I'm on a roll of going against the status quo lately :emot-hug:

I'm gonna have to jump in the fire with Axxman on this one. Yes many ad campaigns are really gross nowadays, although I haven't seen this particular BK commercial.

But I don't have the time or energy to boycott every enterprise that I may find disagreeable. If I was to do that I would be one busy lady!

IMO all this energy could be promoting the Gosple and witnessing to people, not finding something to get all bent out of shape about.

Several years ago I had a friend who decided to boycott a large company that made many different household products because she read in a christian magazine that the ceo was a member of the satanic cult. So she decided to buy other products from another company, guess what....she found something wrong with that one too.

Like Axxman said and was quite funny.....if I began to boycott everything that had something wrong I would have to boycott myself...and boy that would be interesting :noidea:

how hard is it to make the choice not to spend your money at a paticluar place? There are 100 other choices for fast food.

Nope...its not hard at all. And if BK did something offensive I would do just that.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

LoL...I think I've made it pretty clear that "I don't get it..."

Well, at least you admit it........ :emot-hug: Probably most men would see it differently than women.

:noidea: you know more and more on these threads i am noticing something.

we are allowed to disagree with one another in a loving and uplifting way that isnt the problem.

but on some of these threads, this is not what i am seeing!!! instead i see folks degrading and putting each other down. i think that is sad very sad!! :laugh:

and yeah i am prepared for the onslaught of nasty remarks that will more than likely come from this post as well.

all i am saying is that if we could just disagree amiably it would make the posting experience so much better here on worthy.

just a thought from me is all :laugh:

love your sis in christ

manie

For what its worth...I don't think this convo has been that bad. Sure I've taken a few shots across the bow here...but I took them in a light-hearted way. I think too many people take it way too seriously, instead of just interacting. I know other threads have been worse...but again...its on the person reading the post to do everything they can to try and read "no offense" in the message. Its too easy to misunderstand the intent of a post.

I honestly believe we would all love the heck outta each other if we were to ever meet (even the libs...lol) :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

For what its worth...I don't think this convo has been that bad. Sure I've taken a few shots across the bow here...but I took them in a light-hearted way. I think too many people take it way too seriously, instead of just interacting. I know other threads have been worse...but again...its on the person reading the post to do everything they can to try and read "no offense" in the message. Its too easy to misunderstand the intent of a post.

I honestly believe we would all love the heck outta each other if we were to ever meet (even the libs...lol) :thumbsup:

I tend to agree with you on that one. We are all children of the same God. :cool:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Well ... I THOUGHT we were, but I'm the one supporting the sinning Christians, so what do I know :thumbsup:

Well ... I THOUGHT we were, but I'm the one supporting the sinning Christians, so what do I know :cool:

LOL...now see...that was funny. :thumbsup:

We all support people who sin...thats the point I was trying to make. I'm not going to boycott one store who makes mistakes, in favor of another store that makes mistakes. In your opinion, BK messed this one up, and you took offense...I get that. But, I just don't understand the concept of boycotting a place over something like this. Especially in light of the fact that no place is perfect.

BK would pratically have to come out with a pro-abortion, kill all Christians commercial to get me to stop eating there. A spongebob squarepants commercial isn't even on my radar of boycottable offenses.

Either way...I'm sorry if you thought I was getting on your case...it wasn't meant to be like that.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Well ... I THOUGHT we were, but I'm the one supporting the sinning Christians, so what do I know :noidea:

LOL...now see...that was funny. :cool:

We all support people who sin...thats the point I was trying to make. I'm not going to boycott one store who makes mistakes, in favor of another store that makes mistakes. In your opinion, BK messed this one up, and you took offense...I get that. But, I just don't understand the concept of boycotting a place over something like this. Especially in light of the fact that no place is perfect.

BK would pratically have to come out with a pro-abortion, kill all Christians commercial to get me to stop eating there. A spongebob squarepants commercial isn't even on my radar of boycottable offenses.

Either way...I'm sorry if you thought I was getting on your case...it wasn't meant to be like that.

It's okay... with intense therapy I'll probably get over it...sigh. :thumbsup: