• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

I like to watch horror movies (I skip the ones with girls getting naked for no reason before they get killed, so my choices are slightly limited at times)

Anyway, recently I saw a movie called the Haulting of Molly Hartely. It was your typical possesion story with a slight twist, it seems the girls parents had made a deal with an ambiguous devil like character in order to save her life, when she turned 18 she became the devil's property.

I started to have hope for the movie when the main character decided to turn to God to save her soul from the devil's power.

My hope faded as soon as the atypical religious type that gets stereotyped in most horror movies tryed to drown her before she became the devil's property.

Then at the end, when she was about to turn 18 she began praying to God and the 'devil' (embodied ironicly by a medical psychatrist) told her that God wasn't strong enough to save her.

I was close to breaking the DVD in half and probably would have if it wasn't a rental that I didn't want to own.

I quickly ran to my bible and found one of my favorite passages which this movie flies in the face of.

'My sheep hear My voice and they follow Me, and I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish nor shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.' (John 10:27-29)

No one is stronger than God, no one can take away the choice of a person to follow God's path and find salvation in Jesus Christ.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Dumb movie (and highly inaccurate) but....it's IS just a movie.

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

I don't watch horror movies.. :emot-hug:

life has enough horror in it... don't want any more... :clap:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

All of those types of movies are anti-God just by thier very nature. They glorify whatever genre it is, demon posession, vampires, ghosts, or whatever. It's all about "darkness" and rarely do you see GOD being the winner over the evil.

Personally I don't think Christians should be filling their minds with that type stuff. I realize that is my opinion, but I just keep thinking of the Scripture from 2 Corinthians 6:14 "...what fellowship can lightness have with dark?"

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

All movies of this nature are very dark and usually disturbing and because Hollyweird doesn't think there is enough horror in the world already - they usually go way overboard on that, too. I don't know why anyone would spend the money to watch this stuff.... go buy ice cream!!! :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I dont like watching horror movies because they always will never come to a good ending or even be accurate in representing Christianity or how a person can be saved if there ever was mention of it in the movie. They are movies designed by the Devil to rob people of their hope.

A lot of movies I've seen, the way the demons go throughout the houses and such are pretty darned accurate with some things I've experianced. So. I dont like to watch those movies.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

I don't usually care for these type of movies but my hubby likes them.

I don't like how they always portray the priest/pastor as wimpy little pushovers......it aggrivates me :huh:

Sometimes I get so angry about it my first response is "Let me in there!!!!!!" :taped::whistling:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/23/1965

Sir Gareth, I'm with you I love to watch a good horror movie. Can't honestly say it a good thing.

They don't scare me, but one which came on Public TV, kinda freak me out. I can't think of its title but it was a religious, sex, horror and drug movie all in one made in the sixties or seventies. I think it gave God victory at the end but I still haven't figure it out.

....I was close to breaking the DVD in half and probably would have if it wasn't a rental that I didn't want to own.

I quickly ran to my bible and found one of my favorite passages which this movie flies in the face of.

'My sheep hear My voice and they follow Me, and I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish nor shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.' (John 10:27-29)

No one is stronger than God, no one can take away the choice of a person to follow God's path and find salvation in Jesus Christ.

Amen!

My soul melteth for heaviness: strengthen thou me according unto thy word.

Remove from me the way of lying: and grant me thy law graciously. Psalms 119:28-29

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

I know horror movies are full of demons, monsters, etc. and that is pretty much par for the course, I've never been one to have trouble figuring out reality from fantasy.

I accept the fact that God is absent from most mainstream entertainment's, it gets me really aggrivated when God is present, but portrayed as usless and without power to do anything to help His children.

I would love for just once for a horror movie to end with the line 'The Lord rebuke you.' and that be how the main villain is defeated.